Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 No End in Sight is the definitive documentary of our time 
Where will you be?

Post No End in Sight is the definitive documentary of our time
Most of you priobably haven't heard of this one, but trust me when I say that No End in Sight nessecary viewing for every American or person who wants to know exactly how we've arrived to where we are in Iraq. Quietly angry without ever saying anything but solid facts and quotes, the film paints a timeline of the countless mistakes we have made repeatedly in Iraq. No End in Sight doesn't delve into blood oil, or George W's conversations with god, just the decisions we made and what the consequences have been. In this age of endless communication, it's amazing how few of our citizens have the slightest as to what's going on, and while this film is not the only source of that information (I personally suggest reading the excellent "Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq"), if released en masse to schools it could make a big difference. Beyond what it's about, it's just a riveting, insightful documentary that never bores for a second. If my little review isn't enough to convince you, just look at what the critics have to say: On RottenTomatoes, it's at 96% both overall and COTC, with an 8.2 and 8.3 average. On Metacritic, it's at an even more impressive 89 average with 8 100s out of 27 reviews (for those who don't want to do the math, that means 30% of critics on there have given it a perfect score!)
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/no_end_in_sight/
http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/n ... In%20Sight

I fully expect this to win Best Documentary of 2007 at the Academy Awards if all the voters see it.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:46 pm
Begging Naked

Post Re: No End in Sight is the definitive documentary of our time
MovieDude wrote:
I fully expect this to win Best Documentary of 2007 at the Academy Awards if all the voters see it.

Considering you have to see all the nominees to vote for the winner, I'd say that gives it good odds.

I really, really want to see this.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]