Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Bollywood Bigtime!!! (Dhoom 2 and Beyond...) 
Forum General

Post Re: Bollywood Bigtime!!! (Dhoom 2 and Beyond...)
I am looking forward to Sarkar Raj, I really liked the first Sarkar a lot.

About Akshay Kumar, he is a great guy but he has been milking the same cow for a long time, and I hate it when actors do that. When they do the same kind of film over and over and over again with the same people over and over again. However he had one hell of a streak going there...

Another thing that I hate about Hindi movies today is that in some films they speak for English then Hindi... :zonks:

Mon May 19, 2008 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Mannyisthebest wrote:
I am looking forward to Sarkar Raj, I really liked the first Sarkar a lot.

About Akshay Kumar, he is a great guy but he has been milking the same cow for a long time, and I hate it when actors do that. When they do the same kind of film over and over and over again with the same people over and over again. However he had one hell of a streak going there...

Another thing that I hate about Hindi movies today is that in some films they speak for English then Hindi... :zonks:

That Dil Dance Maare song was hilarious.

Mon May 19, 2008 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post The Bollywood Thread
Well, Yes it is a but corny to a lot of people, but occasionally there are great films made from Bollywood.

We can also talk about new releases as well.

So far this has been a lackluster year with only two big hits, Jodha Akbar and Race and Race was just timepass.

Jodha Akbar was a good film and really people now respect Hitrick Roshan more as we see he can he can do more then just be a lover boy.

The next film coming out is Singh Is King, however it will be another timepass film as well as that is what Akshay is only capable off, but he does it well.

Okay my favourite Bollywood films ever are from old to New

Shree 420- We RK as Charlie Chaplin and Nargis is great.
Mughal-E-Azam- The most epic and beautiful films out of this industry
Sangam- A RK classic with great acting, story and songs
Guide- A film with great songs that was way ahead of its time
Mere Naam Joker -one of the most underated films
Bobby -RK does it again with one of the best Love Stories of all time
Sholay -Western Indian style and the biggest film of all time
Deewaar -Amitabh Bachan's best acting performance
Amitabh Bacahan films ins 70's and 80's -to many to list
Kranti - its so cliche but it is so entertaining with the melodrama and the dialogue
Mr. India -great fun
DDLJ -The best love story since Bobby
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai -A great fun film
Lagaan -A well made historical picture
Black -We see why Amitabh is King and why Rani is the most talented actress today
Munai Bhai MBBS -one of the best comedies in years
Rang De Basanti -one of the most important films in years.

I like the works of Amitabh Bacahan, Raj Kapoor and Amair Khan.

what are your favourite films???

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: The Bollywood Thread
There's been a Bollywood catch-all thread running in the Foreign and Independent forum for the past year and a half, titled Bollywood Bigtime!!! (which, strangely enuf, you've even posted in)...

:shades:

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:33 am
Extraordinary

...bump...

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:34 am
Forum General

Well I thought that thread was sort of dead...

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

You should watch Chak De India, Taare Zameen Par. Both these movies are amazing and I would add it on the list you made.

I love all the movies you mentioned.

Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Bollywood films that I have watched in past 6-7 years and love and consider them as classic ( in no particular order)

1) Lagaan
2) Lage Raho Munnabhai
3) Rang De Basanti
4) Black
5) Chak De India
6) Taare Zameen Par
7) Jodhaa Akbar

Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

So far this has been a lackluster year with only two big hits, Jodha Akbar and Race and Race was just timepass.

Actually, Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na is looking to become the biggest hit of the year so far.

Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Forum General

DKev wrote:

Actually, Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na is looking to become the biggest hit of the year so far.

Yes it could become biggest hit. So far it has grossed 50 crores nett while JA has grossed 62 crore nett. I don't think JTYJN deserves the success it is getting because the movie is overrated.

Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

SINGH IS KINNG is going to become the biggest hit of the year so far.

The top 5 grossing flicks of the year so far are -

1) RACE
2) JODHAA AKBAR
3) JAANE TU YA JAANE NA
4) SARKAR RAJ
5) JANNAT

But Singh is Kingg is already breaking advance ticket records and is on track to beating Om Shanti Om's opening weekend. Not sure if it will beat opening week since OSO had the advantage of holiday's but it will be close.

Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

LadiesMan217 wrote:
SINGH IS KINNG is going to become the biggest hit of the year so far.

Have you seen it yet? There's huge ads everywhere for it at my theatres...

Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:05 am
Forum General

Quote:

I will watch it as it is from Amair Khan productions and he brings out quality stuff.

SINGH IS KING WILL be huge however we all know that it will be like Welcome, Time Pass.

I will check out Taare Zameen Par to as well.

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

So i saw a poster of this film almost a year ago and since then i was excited to see Akki by Vipul Shah once again. Namaste London is one of his best films. So i was waiting eagerly for the movie. I advanced booked my tickets on tuesday and went early today..

The movie is GARBAGE!!! one of the WORST movies of 2008... I cannot believe Vipul Shah had something to do with this non sense film. The movie had NO STORY.. NO LOGIC. The climax makes you wanna cry for the film to get over. The Comedy is NOT FUNNY. It barely is a time pass movie.

Performances

Akshay Kumar - SOOOOOO much TALENT.. yet wasted again.. I cant understand why Akshay Kumar doesn't read the script of his films before making the film. The script didnt allow him to show bollywood he is actually one of the best.. COMPLETE WASTE of talent.. it was embarrassing

Katrina Kaif- Just ok. looked amazing

Om Puri- He was one of the better actors in the movie and actually makes you laugh

Javed Jafri- ANNOYING.. i know he did good in salaam namaste but this film.. over acted.. and annoyed

the rest- Waste.

Over all..

I am hugely disappointed with this film. It could have however been a very good film given the actors and the storyline we all predicted had it been given to a good director. From what I know Akki took this concept of making a movie called SINGH IS KINNG to Vipul Shah and then they sat with Anees Bazmee and made this shitty ass film. I am so pissed that this movie is breaking records not only in India but in Pakistan. This movie deserves to flop but man o man the hype is simply massive.

I really hope Akki's next film CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA is a good film.

Oh and yes this movie is worse than Tashan. Atleast Tashan was so bad that you could laugh but here you don't have the same luxury.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Tashan was an epic flop however judging from the news report back from Punjab, Punjabi people are going nuts over the movie like they did with Gadar. It is expected to break every box office record that there ever was.

Gadar was so anti-Pakistani it was hilarious at times.

However, we have always known Akshay Kumar stars in timepass films, his last movie with a purpose was Waqt...

Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Mannyisthebest wrote:
Tashan was an epic flop however judging from the news report back from Punjab, Punjabi people are going nuts over the movie like they did with Gadar. It is expected to break every box office record that there ever was.

Gadar was so anti-Pakistani it was hilarious at times.

However, we have always known Akshay Kumar stars in timepass films, his last movie with a purpose was Waqt...

I think he is more of a businessman now. He does commercial movies with lot of kickass songs and hypes it to no degree so that it does well at boxoffice. Funny how his actual good films don't do all that great at boxoffice while his recent shitty movies are breaking records.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Thats why many people are going nuts about Amair Khan as he is the only person left in Bollywood that can act and direct great stuff now.

He can make movies that are so off beat and unusual like Rang De Bastanti and Tare Zameen par into huge hits.

Ram Gopal Verma is overated...

Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:55 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Chowndni Chowk To China is a fun Bollywood movie primarily set in China, which allows them to have lots of kung-fu fun. It got an unusually large North American release, apparently to piggyback on the success of Slumdog Millionaire.

I loved the story, with it's crazy implausabilities, though the person I went with complained there wasn't enough big dance numbers, which was true, but the ones that were there, were big fun and set in such places as the forbidden city itself.

The lead actor, Akshay Kumar was a skilled physical comedian, and his kung-fu wasn't bad either. And the lead actress, Deepika Padukone, played both Sakhi and Meow Meow, twins separated at birth - - woo hoo! - - boy, was she hot and a classic Indian cutie to boot.

The whole India-China cross-cultural thing was just plain good fun.

4 out of 5.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:36 pm
Forum General

CC2C was a crap movie.

The movie flopped in India and everywhere else.

Ghajini on the other hand is all-time blockbuster. It is basically TDK of India.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4