Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Canadian Film Festival hosted by Rusty & Mr. X!6 Members 
rustiphica

I love Strange Brew!!!!

Would that be a foreign film?

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD I ACTUALLY FORGOT ABOUT STRANGE BREW!!!!!!!!!!

This weekend I should be setting up a review of either Duct Tape Forever or Strange Brew.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:31 pm
Lord of filth

The Sweet Hereafter is an exquisit films and is easily one of the best films of the 1990s.

Exotica and Ararat are also great.

Felicia's Journey is not so great, but Bob Hoskins is amusing in it.

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The Sweet Hereafter is an exquisit films and is easily one of the best films of the 1990s.

I still need to see Ararat. I somehow missed it when it was in theatres two years ago. I didn't make it through Exotica.

Sweet Hereafter was excellent, and I suggest anyone in this thread who hasn't seen it and is interested in, probably the most well established director in Canada, should check it out.

-Dolce

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:39 pm
rustiphica

Strange Brew outdoes every other canadian movie out there.

Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:19 pm
New Server, Same X

Something many Canadians feel about their own kind of movies is that we have low-budget movies, with no-name stars, but there are many Canadian films that are very well-made. Here's hoping I can sample a few of those, along with some of the members of this festival.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:14 pm
New Server, Same X

If it's possible, I would love people to try and see The Barbarian Invasions, today or tomorrow. I am trying to obtain a copy of this award-winning movie, and I think it's a great first Canadian movie to view.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:29 am
rustiphica

Mr. X, you do barbarian invasions and I'll do Strange Brew. I need to rewatch it tonight to really get the feel of it again.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:50 pm
New Server, Same X

Mr. X, you do barbarian invasions and I'll do Strange Brew. I need to rewatch it tonight to really get the feel of it again.

Sounds good. I'm just having some trouble finding Barbarian Invasions. My video stores suck, and the only one to have it is Blockbuster, and miraculously it was out. I'll check back tomorrow for it, otherwise I might have to see if I can download it. It's the last hope, because I want to see it for the festival. But, I don't think it should be out AGAIN tomorrow night anyway, so no worries.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:10 pm
rustiphica

rusty wrote:

Sounds good. I'm just having some trouble finding Barbarian Invasions. My video stores suck, and the only one to have it is Blockbuster, and miraculously it was out. I'll check back tomorrow for it, otherwise I might have to see if I can download it. It's the last hope, because I want to see it for the festival. But, I don't think it should be out AGAIN tomorrow night anyway, so no worries.

I rewatched Strange Brew yesterday and I'm gonna bring in my review and all that by tomorow.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:22 pm
Forum General

andaroo wrote:

I still need to see Ararat. I somehow missed it when it was in theatres two years ago. I didn't make it through Exotica.

Sweet Hereafter was excellent, and I suggest anyone in this thread who hasn't seen it and is interested in, probably the most well established director in Canada, should check it out.

-Dolce

The Sweet Hereafter was beautiful. The "Pied Piper" story was beautifully woven into the last quarter of the film.

I do think The Barbarian Invasions is a superior film, though. The farewell scene is devastating.

Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

I'm sorry I couldn't have really gotten this going yet. Work has been killing me lately.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:58 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm sorry I couldn't have really gotten this going yet. Work has been killing me lately.

Same here, except the work is school for me, and plus I hit some personal problems in the middle of the week, so I got really screwed up.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:59 pm
rustiphica

rusty wrote:

Same here, except the work is school for me, and plus I hit some personal problems in the middle of the week, so I got really screwed up.

You finally came out of the closet? :lol:

Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:49 pm
New Server, Same X

Mr. X wrote:
rusty wrote:

You finally came out of the closet? :lol:

Now you die.

Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2