Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 It's the Beyonce Knowles Show Featuring The Oscars 
Post It's the Beyonce Knowles Show Featuring The Oscars
From IMDB.com

Beyonce Knowles will have her work cut out at the 77th Academy Awards on February 27 - she's singing three of the five nominated songs. The Destiny's Child star had already signed up to duet with Josh Groban on The Polar Express theme "Believe" and now she has agreed to sing the Original Song nominees from Phantom Of The Opera and Les Choristes. Phantom star Minnie Driver was considered the obvious choice to sing Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Learn To Be Lonely" at the Oscars as she sang the tune on the film soundtrack, but Knowles has stepped in to perform. She'll also sing "Look To Your Path" from Les Choristes. Meanwhile, rockers Counting Crows will perform their Shrek 2 Best Song nomination, "Accidentally In Love," while there's no confirmation as to who will sing the fifth nominated song, The Motorcycle Diaries' "Al Otro Lado Del Rey" at the awards show.

I think she should sing "Accidentally In Love" as well. Why not just duet with herself on "Believe". :roll:

She shouldn't stop there. She should host too. :???:

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:58 am
Extraordinary

I find it quite ridiculous. I mean, what the hell is the bloody point? They gave her the same amount of attention at the Grammys as well.

If you want changes, how about getting rid of the songs altogether? This is supposed to honor films, not shine even more light on Beyonce. What irritates me is that, from what has been reported, she and other famous people will get the attention while the award winners for the small categories will be ignored or shoved aside.

This is really tasteless.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
The singer of the last song has been decided. Enrique Iglesias and Santana are going to sing The Motorcycle Diaries' Al Otro Lado del Rio.

Sorry Beyonce. Maybe next year. :???:

Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:52 pm
Extraordinary

Why don't they let the original singers perform then? I mean, I don't like the idea of having the songs at all, but if you want to, why not have the people who actually were part of the film project do it? Beyonce and Iglesias have absolutely nothing to do with those films. ](*,)

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:54 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Another idiotic attempt to reel in viewers and make the Oscars look hip!!

No offense to Beyonce, I think she has a great voice and all but she has absolutely no business and 0 relation with these songs. How on earth did they come to this?

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:22 am
Lord of filth

Getting popular singers to sing the songs is ABSOLUTELY NOT A CHANGE TO BRING IN MORE VIEWERS.

They have done this for years.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:26 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Getting popular singers to sing the songs is ABSOLUTELY NOT A CHANGE TO BRING IN MORE VIEWERS.

They have done this for years.

uhhh to my recent memory the people who actually sing the songs sung them at the Oscars or they just didn't feature them in the ceremony!

When else have they got a RANDOM singer who just happens to be cross-gender and cross-racial and is very famous???

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:52 am
Lord of filth

When else have they got a RANDOM singer

Most recently: Robin Williams performed "Blame Canada". It's pretty common with animated films to have extra singers. Nathan Lane didn't perform "Hakuna Matata". Maybe Beyonce got attached to "Lonely" because Driver couldn't or didn't want to do it and they needed someone in a pinch.

Quote:
who just happens to be cross-gender and cross-racial and is very famous???

Here you are just being a turd.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

Quote:

Most recently: Robin Williams performed "Blame Canada". It's pretty common with animated films to have extra singers. Nathan Lane didn't perform "Hakuna Matata". Maybe Beyonce got attached to "Lonely" because Driver couldn't or didn't want to do it and they needed someone in a pinch.

Quote:

Well, at least if they were going to get a famous pop singer, they got one who can sing at least relatively well.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:48 am
College Boy T

andaroo wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Well, at least if they were going to get a famous pop singer, they got one who can sing at least relatively well.

Still, it'll be tiresome and repetitive. Plus, who knows what she'll do - she's not exactly the smartest singer in the books, so I wouldn't be suprised for some glance that towards the camera that's meant to be seductive. It happens all the time at these shows; performers flaunt their looks and forget the meaning of the words...

Let's just hope they aren't three highly stylized versions and that they downplay the fact that it's Beyonce.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:54 am
Romosexual!

WOAH! i get to see Beyonce's fine arse 3 times. o_O SaaaaaaaaaaWEET! :love:

Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:39 am
Forum General

Quote:

Quote:

Well, first off I should have clarified I have only been following Oscar for the fast few years and havent' seen much any ceremony before 2000's (except for 1998's which I don't remember much). For that I apologize.
Second, that's barely a lot of people who have done so in the past.

Look, I'm not trying to be smart. All I am stating is the obvious... the Academy undoubtedly picked her or asked her to perform because she can reel in more viewers than almost any other singer. In a year when they even blatantly made a public claim that they are changing the ceremony to attract a higher number of viewers, I don't know why anyone would accuse me of whatever I assume you're accusing me of. I mean the past at least 4 consecutive years they didn't have other pop singers singing the movie tunes, especially when you had unknowns like that of Cold Mountain's singers. I don't appreciate being called a turd for that.

Now, it's not like I'm gonna go campaign against her to sing at the Oscars.
I don't mind seeing her sing... like I said I actually do enjoy most of her music.

I was just expressng my spur-of-the-moment thoughts on the Academy for going lower than was thought possible this year to attract viewers. I mean, just tell me, don't you think Beyonce and Chris Rock will at least make alot more people curious about watching the Oscars than if they weren't on? I'm not talking about a solely black demographic, I'm talking moreso of the mainstream scene with younger viewers.

I'm sorry if I upset anybody. Maybe I'm making too much out of virtually nothing and I may have not thought twice if it were a year in which the producers and coordinator of the telecast didn't make it so publicly obvious they wanted to channel a younger and broader demographic.

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:12 am
Lord of filth

Why is it bad to attract viewers? The Academy has always played with the show every few years in order to attact viewers... you wouldn't remember Quincy Jones' wild "fashion show" for the best costume nominees ten years ago, complete with a catwalk, funky music and fake photographers. In the last 10 years we've seen Whoopi Goldberg dedicate an entire show to penis jokes about John Bobbit. Remember the whole Whitney Houston/Faith Hill thing a few years ago?

And that's just RECENT history.

We haven't seen Chris Rock do the telecast yet, we don't know how bad or good he will be?

Are we so afraid that maybe 10 more viewers will tune in and say "Hey, Sideways looks like a pretty good movie! Maybe I should go see it".

I don't get the collective hysteria over changes to a TV SHOW.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]