Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Was Paul Giamatti robbed? 
Forum General

I meant....

Gael Garcia Bernal from BAD EDUCATION
Ethan Hawke from BEFORE SUNSET
Jude Law from CLOSER
Colin Farrell from A HOME AT THE END....

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:22 pm
just to clarify my post....

I meant....

Gael Garcia Bernal from BAD EDUCATION
Ethan Hawke from BEFORE SUNSET
Jude Law from CLOSER
Colin Farrell from A HOME AT THE END....

I guessed the first 3 right away. I had to think a second about Colin. I wondered, "damn, he really liked Alexander." Then I remembered End of the World. :razz:

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:28 pm
Extraordinary

Raffikki, this was Bernal's year. Which role are you thinking of when you listed him Bad Education or Motorcycle Diaries, I thought he was divine in Education and played multiple characters beauifully. He was excellent in Diaries as well, but not as much as in Education. *goes over to the FYC thread*

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:33 pm
New Server, Same X

I have to agree with MovieDude. Paul Giamatti is great in the movie, no doubt, but I think he's one of the weakest of the main cast in the film. Thomas Haden Church, to me, definitely deserved the nomination.

Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:46 pm
Extraordinary

Giamatti was definatly robbed of a nomination, I'd say he gives the 4thrd best male performance of 2004. (After Eastwood, Carrey and Foxx) Depp and Cheadle were both great but I would have rather seen Gimatti nominated.

Last edited by publicenemy#1 on Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:57 pm
Top Poster

Some male performances better than Giamatti's in 2004:

Clint Eastwood - Million Dollar Baby
Kevin Bacon - The Woodsman
Ethan Hawke - Before Sunset
Jamie Foxx - Ray
Sean Penn - The Assassination of Richard Nixon
Billy Crudup - Stage Beauty
Liam Neeson - Kinsey
Leonardo DiCaprio - The Aviator
Jim Carrey - Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Tony Leung - 2046
Gael Garcia Bernal - The Motorcycle Diaries

haven't seen The Sea Inside, Bad Education, Hotel Rwanda, or The Machinist, which may or may not have better performances as well...

Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I have to agree with MovieDude. Paul Giamatti is great in the movie, no doubt, but I think he's one of the weakest of the main cast in the film. Thomas Haden Church, to me, definitely deserved the nomination.

But the movie was really about him, and if his performace wasn't that good, the movie wouldn't be that good.

Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:58 am
Where will you be?

Mr. X wrote:

But the movie was really about him, and if his performace wasn't that good, the movie wouldn't be that good.

It was about him, and he wasn't bad, but you can't deny the supporting cast around him was more interesting. Lord of the Rings was about Frodo, but how many people liked him more then Sam, Gandalf, Aragorn or Gollum?

Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:12 pm
You must have big rats

After having seen Sideways, I think Giamatti was definitely robbed. I thought he was great in his role and his chemistry and dynamics with Thomas Haden Chruch were great. It was more of a subtle performance by him, unlike Foxx and DiCaprio, but nonehteless great. I'd have prefered him nominted over Virgina Madsen all the way.

Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
After having seen Sideways, I think Giamatti was definitely robbed. I thought he was great in his role and his chemistry and dynamics with Thomas Haden Chruch were great. It was more of a subtle performance by him, unlike Foxx and DiCaprio, but nonehteless great. I'd have prefered him nominted over Virgina Madsen all the way.

Nice Lecter :oops: , except wrong gender :oops: ( actor vs. actress ) and category :oops: ( actor vs supporting ).

Anyway, to make your comments worthwhile, who should he have beaten out. Otherwise he wasn't robbed. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Facts, Lecter, Facts. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:

Nice Lecter :oops: , except wrong gender :oops: ( actor vs. actress ) and category :oops: ( actor vs supporting ).

Anyway, to make your comments worthwhile, who should he have beaten out. Otherwise he wasn't robbed. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) Facts, Lecter, Facts. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Hello, moron.

I just meant that he was better than her in Sideways and I'd have prefered her to be snubbed. I can compare performances, no matter what gender.

In other news, it's time for you to take medicine again, Goldie.

Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

Hello, moron.

I just meant that he was better than her in Sideways and I'd have prefered her to be snubbed. I can compare performances, no matter what gender.

In other news, it's time for you to take medicine again, Goldie.

OK Lecter, in other words your comments weren't addressing the question of whether he was robbed but just a comparision of the two Sideway performances. Glad you felt he was better but that means shit if he deserved a nomination.

Glad that you cleared that up that it didn't relate to his Oscar nomination snub.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2