Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Razzies Catwomen and Alexander lead noms! 
Forum General

Loki With Tasty Legs wrote:
These Fahrenheit noms suck donkey dick.

Why are you upset with them? Judging by your avatar you think Bush is not a great guy.

Let me put it this way, they voted for Farenheit 9/11 because they actually support Farhenheit 9/11. They are saying that Bush, Rice and Spears are morons.

Lol, i took the pic because it was a funny gif. It could have been any other guy giving the finger.
I just think it's stupid to include people from a documentary. especially with this when it gets too political.
if they went with the documentary route they can fill up the whole category with random people from documentaries.
and besides.. people don't act in a documentary.. or they thought that would be the joke. so Hardy fuckin Har. not funny.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:23 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
The French Dutch Boy

Uhhh, guys, I think the Fahrenheit 9/11 nominations are showing SUPPORT for the movie, rather than the opposite. :wink:

Yep, that's what I was thinking. They only nominated Bush and associates for acting awards to make fun of THEM, not the film itself.

Also, I am SOOOOOO glad The Village was not nominated for anything, must importantly film. This film does not deserve razzie nominations.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:25 pm
Commander and Chef

its not even like they try to sound legitimate. they pick movies and nominate them cause it would be sooo cool to nominate them due to a popular consensus. i can tell you, half the people who nominate this stuff ... havent even seen them

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Guys, it's the Razzies. They're just being silly, hence the Fahrenheit 9/11 nominations.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

razzies. the one award i hate.

its not even like they try to sound legitimate. they pick movies and nominate them cause it would be sooo cool to nominate them due to a popular consensus. i can tell you, half the people who nominate this stuff ... havent even seen them

Totally agree. Val Kilmer for Alexander? Angelina Jolie for Taking Lives? C'mon. Even the critics who hated these movies would say that their performances are pretty good, if not great.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
King Albert!

Why did Farenheit get all those nods. Since when do real interviews count as acting. Though at least somewhere, James Matriz is smiling.

But the one nod I truly like is: Hilary Duff. Good call.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Its rather predictable as almost all razzie years are. I bet we already know whats going to be nominated next year. The only thing that was surprising of this years nomination was the omission of Whole 10 yards and razzie favorite Bruce Willis

Oh well, he will get it next year for Hostage and Sin City

Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:48 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Stupid nominations, Ben Stiller got worst actor for almost all of his films last year. I think that he is funny, Anyways the Razzies suck, I know that their silly and all, but they are getting more stupid every year.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

if the razzies went by the critics the noms would be:
Twisted
Yu-Gi-Oh
The Cookout
Godsend
Superbabies

(all had the lowest % on rt)

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I'm dissapointed with this years selection of films. The nominations for Fahrenheit 9/11 are simply absurd. As far as I know, George W. Bush and Condeleeza Rice did not consent to be in the film and they were merely interviews. Why the nominations? Besides the fact that it is Hollywood and Hollywood has an immense liberal slant? And George W. Bush's pet goat?

As far as the others, they seem to be just films that people like to bash just for the sake of bashing them. It is true that the awards have been declining recently, but this almost seems as if they "jumped the shark" so to speak.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:17 pm
Kiera Knightly is my lady!

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I'm dissapointed with this years selection of films. The nominations for Fahrenheit 9/11 are simply absurd. As far as I know, George W. Bush and Condeleeza Rice did not consent to be in the film and they were merely interviews. Why the nominations? Besides the fact that it is Hollywood and Hollywood has an immense liberal slant? And George W. Bush's pet goat?

As far as the others, they seem to be just films that people like to bash just for the sake of bashing them. It is true that the awards have been declining recently, but this almost seems as if they "jumped the shark" so to speak.

I agree with that, but like I said, guys.

Really.

The Razzies are just silly. They're not meant to be taken seriously.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

RogueCommander wrote:

I agree with that, but like I said, guys.

Really.

The Razzies are just silly. They're not meant to be taken seriously.

That is true. Hence the reason I sort of shrugged them off as nonsense.

Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:04 pm
Lord of filth

razzies. the one award i hate.

Kinda like AMPAS ;)

Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Heres something from a anti-bush perspective, I think F9/11 nom was rather dumb, since its a political speech or something.
it could be against showing moores editing making bush look bad or for showing bush is bad.
its all a matter of perspective.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Im surprised by their omission of Whole 10 Yards. I would of thought we would get worst supporting actor from Matthew Perry and actor from Bruce Willis. Oh well theres always worst actor for Willis in Sin City and hostage

Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:57 pm
Christian's #1 Fan

Heres something from a anti-bush perspective, I think F9/11 nom was rather dumb, since its a political speech or something.
it could be against showing moores editing making bush look bad or for showing bush is bad.

I just don't get why they even nominated him?

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:00 pm
Angels & Demons

Spider-man 2004 wrote:

I just don't get why they even nominated him?

Neither do I.
(I'm agreeing on something with you and impact on politics. scary.)

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Why do you say that? I'm not a Bush fan. I waiver back and forth occasionally. But I've never been a big fan of him.

Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:04 pm
Extraordinary

Guys, it's the Razzies. They're just being silly, hence the Fahrenheit 9/11 nominations.

Heh! I was just about to write the same thing. The Razzies are just some guys making fun of the movies. It has no more clout or creedence than anything we might make up ourselves. Laugh at it or ignore it, it's not important.

Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

since when is a political speech acting?

The idea is that Bush was supposed to be acting presidential, but he is absolutely terrible at it. Get it?

Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

I wonder if Bush will show up if he wins. Maybe Moore will pick the trophy, give it to Bush and make a movie about it...

Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:49 pm
You must have big rats

I am still surprised that no "big movie" was nominated this year.

Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3