Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Over the Top 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
C 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
D 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
F 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Over the Top 
College Boy Z

Post Over the Top
Over the Top

Quote:
Over the Top is a 1987 action drama film starring Sylvester Stallone, and produced and directed by Menahem Golan about a long haul truck driver who tries to win back his alienated son, played by David Mendenhall, who won two razzies for his worst supporting actor and new star; while becoming a champion arm wrestler. The screenplay was written by Stirling Silliphant and Sylvester Stallone. The original music score is composed by Giorgio Moroder. This film has been panned by many critics in the decades since it was made.

Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:24 am
George A. Romero

Yet another Stallone guilty pleasure classic. while not heavy on violence or action, it's just a fun movie.

B+

Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:25 am
Award Winning Bastard

If Lecter is watching, since he always wants me to slam a movie in this forum, this movie sucked.

D

Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:25 am
George A. Romero

If Lecter is watching, since he always wants me to slam a movie in this forum, this movie sucked.

D

Bull Hurley alone should guarantee this movie at least a C ;)

Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:26 am
You must have big rats

:D

Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

This movie is shit,one of stallones worst films and thats saying something since he has a lot of bad films but this is right up there.The Kid is the most annoying kid in movie history,infact,he's so wimpy looking,he looks like a girl.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Pretty bad, yeah, but I have seen worse. I was entertained, in a cheesy kind of way...

Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
shitty capola with one of the most annoying kid acting performances of all-time.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Keeping it Light

Post Re: Over the Top
I really liked this film when I was young and rewatched it today for the first time as an adult and it still holds up pretty well for me. After 3 hits in row, with Rocky IV, First Blood 2 and Cobra, this is smaller in scale, and essentially a drama with action elements for Stallone. It feels like he didn't want to only make the same type of films, well, with Rhinestone he already showed that too. And this is definitely not his best role, but he's still good nonetheless, being at his pretty much peak ability and fame, he kind of cruises through, yet still delivers. I also thought the kid did a pretty good job. The film is a bit uneven at some moments, but overall it's quite well made, the scene where Stallone drives into the estate is effective and it does a good service to the sport of a arm wrestling. Very nice soundtrack too, love In This Country.

B+

Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]