Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Batman Begins 

What grade would you give this film?
A 75%  75%  [ 95 ]
B 17%  17%  [ 21 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
D 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
F 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 127

Batman Begins 
Teenage Dream

*pulls out Bazooka*

Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:37 pm
College Boy Z

Anyone notice that there are two C's on the poll!? :shock: :mad:

Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:39 pm
Teenage Dream

Heretics.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:40 pm
College Boy T

That guy's full of it.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:06 am
I just lost the game

And the F

That guy's full of it.

People actually look at the poll? :shock:

Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:07 am
Team Kris

WOW!! This was easily the best comic book movie I've ever seen and it is right up there with Sith for the best movie of the year. The gritty realistic feel the movie has is great and Bale was at the top of his game with delivering one of his best performances (tied with Equilibrium). Liam Nesson was fantastic as usual and Nolan nailed this film with great SFX and story to go along with it.

A+

Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:20 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Last night, I said it was the second best comic book movie ever.

But, seriously, after the second viewing...I've reconsidered. Batman Begins nailed it in all aspects.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:26 am
Romosexual!

Thank you Nolen for not fucking it up like the last 2 movies.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:21 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Anyone notice that there are two C's on the poll!? :shock: :mad:

Why are you shocked and mad at that??? Not everyone is going to love this movie or even like it like the fans will... As time goes by, you will find flaws and things about it you don't like, like with any other movie just like we did with SITH.. Right now, your riding a wave of comic hype with this, but let's discuss this again in about 2 weeks or less when the dust has settled, or at the end of this weekend when this movie doesn't even come close to the box office predictions here and are lower than expected.. Hate to sound like a killjoy over it, but I suppose I've better prepared myself for this ahead of time..

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:42 am
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

Or you could just ignore the polls because people do stuff like vote an F when they don't really mean it juts tos pite people. It's in every poll. I only ever consider the reviews that were written and explained.....anything else is folly and garbage.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:57 am
College Boy Z

I was joking, guys. I don't take the poll seriously either. :razz:

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:11 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Seriously, it has made me reconsider grades for so many action movies... I've now bumped my ROTS grade down to a 9.8, I originally had it at a 10...This movie was AWESOME in so many ways!

Oh, and I don't know if I'm weird or not, but did anybody else laugh histarically at the scene where Bruce tells Alfred to "tell them that joke you know"... I couldn't stop laughing...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:15 am
College Boy Z

9.9/10

Seriously, it has made me reconsider grades for so many action movies... I've now bumped my ROTS grade down to a 9.8, I originally had it at a 10...This movie was AWESOME in so many ways!

Oh, and I don't know if I'm weird or not, but did anybody else laugh histarically at the scene where Bruce tells Alfred to "tell them that joke you know"... I couldn't stop laughing...

Oh...my...god.

I *loved* that scene. :D

My cousin and I were laughing ALL last night at that one scene. :lol:

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:23 am
Romosexual!

ChipMunky wrote:
9.9/10

Oh...my...god.

i didn't get it. V_V what am i missing? beside a sense of humor. ;)

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:28 am
Indiana Jones IV

All I have to say is: best movie of the year next to the best movie (which is obvious).

Way better than Burton's crap 1989 Batman which had no story, charaters or action and had one good performence of over acting (gues who!). This one actually has a story and it's told great (Noland has used some of his storytelling technique's here), I like the flash backs in the beginning and how it connected with the present time. I also liked the Bat Suit and Christian Bale is EASILY better than what wimpy Michael Keaton, the OK Val Kilmer and the.... well I won't even mention him! I liked Batman's voice and how he changed it to be more menancing. The action was great and the car chase was awesome (but Batman better start paying up!) and the movie never gets boring. The only thing I hated about this movie was how the Scarecrow was not only hardly in it, but he gets a little shock and he is no longer in it! That sucks because he was awesome! anyways I give this a 15/10.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:29 am
Profile YIM WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:
9.9/10

Oh...my...god.

There was nothing to "get", revolutions. It was just the comment, plus Alfred's facial expression to top it. :)

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:30 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

revolutions wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:
9.9/10

Oh...my...god.

There was nothing to "get", revolutions. It was just the comment, plus Alfred's facial expression to top it. :)

I don't even know why it was so funny, it was just one of those comments... Whenever I think about it I just start laughing... it's weird :)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:34 am
Teenage Dream

Last edited by makeshift on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:07 am
Confessing on a Dance Floor

The joke was, at least the way I saw it, was that Alfred only knows one joke, and that one joke is supposed to keep hundreds of quests entertained for hours. It was a really funny moment. The script had a lot of little, human touches like this that made it great.

"didn't you get the memo?" :laugh: =D>

solid A movie. seriously, I never walked out of a movie so convinced that it was really great film making and worthy of the loosely used "best movie of the year" quote. not even The Return of the King. :shock:

Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:48 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

All I have to say is: best movie of the year next to the best movie (which is obvious).

Way better than Burton's crap 1989 Batman which had no story, charaters or action and had one good performence of over acting (gues who!). This one actually has a story and it's told great (Noland has used some of his storytelling technique's here), I like the flash backs in the beginning and how it connected with the present time. I also liked the Bat Suit and Christian Bale is EASILY better than what wimpy Michael Keaton, the OK Val Kilmer and the.... well I won't even mention him! I liked Batman's voice and how he changed it to be more menancing. The action was great and the car chase was awesome (but Batman better start paying up!) and the movie never gets boring. The only thing I hated about this movie was how the Scarecrow was not only hardly in it, but he gets a little shock and he is no longer in it! That sucks because he was awesome! anyways I give this a 15/10.

Sorry, but as time goes by and the hype dies down, I think folks will still appreciate the 89 BATMAN just as well and like it or not, Bale was not better than Keaton but different and on par.. To say that the 89 BATMAN had no story, characters or action(which had more action than BEGINS did) I don't think you saw the movie I did.. Sorry but your wrong..

Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:00 am
Profile WWW
Alfred had me laughing with every smart ass comment he made.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:02 am
Commander and Chef

Star Wars wrote:

Sorry, but as time goes by and the hype dies down, I think folks will still appreciate the 89 BATMAN just as well and like it or not, Bale was not better than Keaton but different and on par.. To say that the 89 BATMAN had no story, characters or action(which had more action than BEGINS did) I don't think you saw the movie I did.. Sorry but your wrong..

bkb .. there are quite a few people today who do not like Burton's batman at all!! so umm .. whatever

Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:07 am
Profile WWW
BKB, own up, did you secretly give Batman Begins the F?

Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:13 am
Commander and Chef

You can all keep a track of the grades here

http://worldofkj.com/bbGrades.php

Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:30 am
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

BKB you liked the movie. There's no reason to bash the movie. It was better than the 89 version.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next