Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 30%  30%  [ 16 ]
B 48%  48%  [ 26 ]
C 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 54

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) 
Hot Fuss

I didn't notice the Chrysler/Dodge part, I'll have to watch for that next time I watch it. I was confused by John's switching cars as it really didn't seem to have any logical reason.

As far as the assasings, there were also two helicopters, and several assasings who cascaded throught he roof.

Yeah, I noticed. It still just seemed out of place. Ya know? Why would they send their best if they were just red shirts from Star Trek to be killed in less then then seconds? It just doesn't work in my opinion. But it's all good. Not that big of a deal.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

I loved this in every way possible! It was fun, absolutely hilarious, sexy and the acting was top notch! I was surprised at how funny the film was. Definetely one of the best of the year.

9/10 (A-)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

For humour, we are supplied with such wonderful comments as those that reveal that she has slept with 312 men (maybe women too), and sometimes, two at the same time.
D

Actually, I think that was a clever way of telling how many they had assisinated, not had relations with. That was my take at least?

Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:32 pm
Lover of Bacon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

All the way. I LOVE this film. By far the best entertainment of the year so far. Wonderful stuff :smile:

Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:49 pm
La Bella Vito

I have never had so much fun at the movies! This movie was packed with action, and the action sequences delivered, especially the freeway sequence. Very satisfying to any action fan in my opinion. The chemistry between Pitt and Jolie was mesmerizing, and a joy to watch. The movie also had some great laughs, and I thought Vince Vaughn was great comic relief. The scene at the construction site was also really cool. It was also really cool to see Adam Brody, and Stephanie March of Law & Order, getting some work.

A

Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
We had our time together

I loved it! Pitt and Jolie were so great together. The action was awesome. Really one of the most entertaining movies in years. A

Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Just finally saw this. It started off so strong and then just died. I mean, at the end, I just thought "What happened? Why did the assasins not try again later?" The film felt incomplete and the fun I was having just ended in the last 20 minutes or so (when it was just like every other action shoot 'em up).

Besides all the typical action problems -- nobody ever hits the heroes but one shot or a hit on the neck takes out the bad guys...

And really, aren't the "heroes" the bad guys? I mean, they broke into a federal prison and apparently killed some federal agents. I'm supposed to cheer them on when they do so?

Meh. A for the first part of the film, F for the last 20 minutes, giving it a C average.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

This was one of the worst of the year. Jolie pisses me off, Pitt pisses me off, everyone pisses me off. It seemed so...boring and...cliched...and...cartoony, I guess you can say. Never intriguing and I decided to turn it off with about 20 minutes left to go. Seemed like a good decision according to Groucho.

-D

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:43 pm
You must have big rats

It was somewhat of a letdown to me because the trailers made it look like a really exciting actioner. It definitely doesn't measure up to True Lies. The chemistry between Pitt and Jolie makes this film. They are great together. The humor is there and I enjoyed it. Vince Vaughn sadly just...disappears towards the end. Too bad, I liked his character.

What I didn't like is how dumb the movie actually was and how dull most of its action was. The showdown was downright pathetic. Not only was it completely unrealistic..heck, it didn't even try to be. Jumping away from a missle? Shooting 20 opponents while standing right there without any cover? C'mon! The chae scene was fun, but all the action that followedwas just terrible.

The first 30-40 minutes of the movie are just exhilarating fun, then it slowly, but gradually goes down. The finale just left a very sour taste in my mouth. It is good as a comedy, but it's also a very mediocre actioner. True Lies knew how to combine both much better.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:57 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

i think ive seen this movie 4 times and it doesnt hold up very well. Everytime i see it, its more boring

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:11 am
Devil's Advocate

It's a good action film, but nothing special and terribly unmemorable. The ending was dumb as hell too, I couldn't believe they'd stoop so low to having the 2 to single handily kill those assasins. Right.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:22 am
All Star Poster

Love it, one of the best action flicks last year.

B+

Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:06 am
Superfreak

Post Re: Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Watched this as one of my "never seen recovery" films.

C.

Excellent first half, OK next hour, HORRIBLE final half hour.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4