Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 

What grade would you give this film?
A 54%  54%  [ 59 ]
B 27%  27%  [ 29 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
F 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 109

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:36 pm
Speed Racer

after renting it and rewatching it, it managed to actually get worse. i didnt think that it could sink lower. this is a truly awful movie. there is nothing good about it, nothing. the acting is absolutely horrid by all, the dialogue gets worse and worse (you're so beautiful and i love you; no, i'm sp beautiful because you love me, etc), the "directing" by lucas is laughable, really, i laughed. how someone could like this thing is beyond me. there are no redeeming qualities at all. the plot makes absolutely no sense, ZERO. palpatine is one of the worst villains ever, his "scary voice" is really great.
its not that its the "cool thing" to ridicule the SW movies, its just that anyone with a brain cant help but notice how it is truly bad. good job lucas, i didnt know that someone could make such a piece of shit while not intending to.

Users- 96%
Cinemascore- A
Metacritic- 74%
IMDB- 8.5 (15,619 votes) top 250: #125

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER HERE SINCE THE FORUMS STARTED
THIS IS JUST A NEWER NAME

1-Serenity
2-Aliens
3-Terminator 2: Judgment Day
4-Scream
5-Drop Dead Gorgeous

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

after renting it and rewatching it, it managed to actually get worse. i didnt think that it could sink lower. this is a truly awful movie. there is nothing good about it, nothing. the acting is absolutely horrid by all, the dialogue gets worse and worse (you're so beautiful and i love you; no, i'm sp beautiful because you love me, etc), the "directing" by lucas is laughable, really, i laughed. how someone could like this thing is beyond me. there are no redeeming qualities at all. the plot makes absolutely no sense, ZERO. palpatine is one of the worst villains ever, his "scary voice" is really great.
its not that its the "cool thing" to ridicule the SW movies, its just that anyone with a brain cant help but notice how it is truly bad. good job lucas, i didnt know that someone could make such a piece of shit while not intending to.

This post is th biggest waist of time I have ever read :disgust:

Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

i thought the movie was one of the worst of the year and i stated my reasons why, what made this specific post the biggest waste of time ever? or did you actually mean what you spelled, in which case my post is just a fat ass.

Users- 96%
Cinemascore- A
Metacritic- 74%
IMDB- 8.5 (15,619 votes) top 250: #125

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER HERE SINCE THE FORUMS STARTED
THIS IS JUST A NEWER NAME

1-Serenity
2-Aliens
3-Terminator 2: Judgment Day
4-Scream
5-Drop Dead Gorgeous

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:00 am
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

how is that exactly?
i thought the movie was one of the worst of the year and i stated my reasons why, what made this specific post the biggest waste of time ever? or did you actually mean what you spelled, in which case my post is just a fat ass.

Your review was perfectly fine untill this rolled up:

"its just that anyone with a brain cant help but notice how it is truly bad. good job lucas, i didnt know that someone could make such a piece of shit while not intending to."

Ive got a brain, and GL did not untitentinaly make a bad film, it had many flawss but it was in no way bad, or a POS as you would call it.

I ment 100% what I said, your anti Star Wars rant ended with me when you pretty much said that anyone who thought the film was good was brainless. GL made a good but flawd film, thats all I realy think of it. Its all good with me if you dont like the film, you can bitch about it all you want, but Im not to fond of a person going around calling the people that did like the film brainless :shades:

Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:58 pm
Profile WWW

A magical brain!

What a troll you are.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:09 pm
All Star Poster

An absolutely amazing film, Would have been an A+ if the Dialog between Anakin and Padmé wasn't so laughable

Darth Vader: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:11 pm
Artie the One-Man Party

Saw this once, loved it, wasn't too fond of how it ended though. Watched it a second time, still liked it, though not as much. Watched it once more, and I realized: THIS MOVIE SUCKS.

No lie. A big, goofy, too-heavy on CGI disappointment. It just did not hold up for me. Dialogue is very poor, on all ends, whether it be
"Younglings"
"I can't lose you"
"Love can't save us, but my new powers can!!!!!"

And Anakin's turn to the dark side is too ambiguous. We still don't really get what makes him TOTALLY evil. Hell, Elmo could go that route and turn out like Darth Vader.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:05 pm
Extraordinary

Younglings is a title, like Padawan. How is "I can't lose you" laughable?

Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:21 pm
Artie the One-Man Party

I didn't like it, I thought the dialogue was laughable. No need for me to explain any further. Not everyone needs to love this. And I don't need your defintions on how 'youngling' was correctly used in the Star Wars sense.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:25 am
Extraordinary

I didn't like it, I thought the dialogue was laughable. No need for me to explain any further. Not everyone needs to love this. And I don't need your defintions on how 'youngling' was correctly used in the Star Wars sense.

That's fine, continue your ignorance. It's one thing to bash dialogue -- it's another to not even get it.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:50 am
Cream of the Crop

its funny how some of you need to watch this three times to realize that this movie is weak. its marginally better than the absymal episode 2, i'd say its perhaps on par with episode 1 thanks to the yoda/emperor duel (only the action, the buildup is not so good). other than that the movie delivers unexciting set-pieces like the anticlimatic threeway lightsaber fight (done so much better in episode 1) or the obi-wan/grievous chase, the forced "playful banter" between anakin and obi-wan desperately wants to evoke a good old original trilogy feeling, the choice of events that influence anakins motivations and conclude his character arch is laughable (its really macbeth and othello by way of george lucas). i could write a dissertation on the shortcomings of this movie, bit i will stop here.

my grades for the movie sextet:

episode 4 A
episode 5 A+
episode 6 B-

episode 1 C+
episode 2 D
episode 3 C

as a big fan of the original trilogy, or at least the first two films, the new trilogy has been the biggest disappointment of my moviegoing life.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:18 am
Profile ICQ
Artie the One-Man Party

the french man wrote:

That's fine, continue your ignorance. It's one thing to bash dialogue -- it's another to not even get it.

What ignorance!? Not everyone needs to interpret this movie as intelligently and obstensibly as you clearly have Darkshape. I think the ignorance seen here is yours to refuse that it's possible the dialogue is this film is pretty weak. And if my example wasn't good enough for you, how about you watch the movie again, and you should get a clear idea of what I'm talking about. It's less of a subjective opinion and more of a literal fact: the dialogue is poorly written.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:49 pm
Devil's Advocate

I think Dark Shape has seen this movie enough times already to get his opinion on it, hehe.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:54 pm
---------

Whoever argues for the dialogue in the prequels, I'd question their movie taste. Everything was overly-proper, which makes the actors appear wooden, and emotionless. The originals didn't have perfect dialogue, but they felt like real people, which makes a movie 10,000x more believable and watchable.

I think they took Anakin in a wrong direction to begin with. To be such an evil guy in a black suit for years, he's got to have a twisted childhood. Like Anakin should have been lighting little space creatures on fire or something. I don't know.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:02 pm
Extraordinary

The Dark Shape wrote:
the french man wrote:

What ignorance!? Not everyone needs to interpret this movie as intelligently and obstensibly as you clearly have Darkshape. I think the ignorance seen here is yours to refuse that it's possible the dialogue is this film is pretty weak. And if my example wasn't good enough for you, how about you watch the movie again, and you should get a clear idea of what I'm talking about. It's less of a subjective opinion and more of a literal fact: the dialogue is poorly written.

The dialogue definitely isn't very good. But your examples indicate your own lack of understanding. I'd also argue I've seen the film a few more times than you have.

Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:54 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Yeah, the dialogue kinda sucked, and there's some awkward editing and a bit too much CGI. I don't care. This movie still rocks my world.

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Now that CINEMAX has made absolutely certain that you've seen EPISODE III since they practically run it around the clock along with the other movie's in the trilogy, I can say that SITH just doesn't hold up well and there's a part of me that wishes the Prequels were sort of never even thought of being conceived.. When I see EMPIRE STRIKES BACK on CINEMAX, I'm reminded of Greatness and a very seasoned movie right down to the washed out, grainy dark colors of the Planet HOTH, but when I see SITH, I see an XBOX 360 type of game with the graphics used now..

Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Artie the One-Man Party

the french man wrote:
The Dark Shape wrote:
the french man wrote:

The dialogue definitely isn't very good. But your examples indicate your own lack of understanding. I'd also argue I've seen the film a few more times than you have.

'Lack of understanding!?' this is Star Wars, not something as high, mighty, complex as say, Serenity.

Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:41 pm
Extraordinary

Oh, geez. That really hurts. Guess I'll just have to be content with Serenity's critical acceptance, and be happy I won't get a sequel with the chance to ruin things as much as Matrix Revolutions did.

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:04 pm
Artie the One-Man Party

Oh, geez. That really hurts. Guess I'll just have to be content with Serenity's critical acceptance, and be happy I won't get a sequel with the chance to ruin things as much as Matrix Revolutions did.

I'm all about the quality of movies over the financial success, but I have a feeling Universal just may be having a little bit of trouble trying to be as content as you are about Serenity and its run. Revolutions DID ruin an otherwise solid franchise (which also had its amount of silly dialogue I must admit), so I'll agree with you there, and let you and the other 4 people who saw Serenity have a grand ol' party celebrating its stellar reviews. Woo.

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:43 am
Extraordinary

P.S. Has Trinity died yet?

Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:49 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Post Re: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
GREAT ending to the series. The is the most visually-impressive movie of all-time, I don't know what the Academy was smoking when they snubbed it for Visual Effects. The story is amazing, everything ties so perfectly into Episodes IV-VI (including the whole prophecy part, in the end Anakin did bring balance to the Force by killing the Emperor in ROTJ). The only bad parts are the dialogue between Anakin and Padme, and some of the acting. But still, this is what the prequels should've been: it feels like real Star Wars.

A

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:59 am
Extraordinary

sucks
F

Fri May 23, 2008 4:32 pm
Full Fledged Member

Really not very good. This whole prequel trilogy was terrible, and ten years from now, I think almost everyone will realize it.

Sat May 24, 2008 1:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 368 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next