Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 1708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 69  Next
 The Dark Knight 

What grade would you give this film?
A 82%  82%  [ 138 ]
B 11%  11%  [ 19 ]
C 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
D 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 168

The Dark Knight 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: The Dark Knight
Speevy wrote:
MR. GREEN wrote:
Folks, Monday morning was the critics screening along with the radio stations at RONNIES 20 CINE for the 10:30 AM showing and a screening was added last night as well and YES, I was fortunate enough to see it.. What's the big deal boys?? I said it was good and gave it a "C", not because of Ledgers performance which was damn good and even I have to admit that Heath Ledger deserves a special oscar for this, but this movie isn't for everyone either.. Christ, please tell me I'm not going to get blasted for giving this an average grade or that I didn't proclaim this to be a "Masterpiece"..

By the way, I still think The INCREDIBLE HULK had better action in it then TDK, even if it was only 4 action sequences..

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Everything you said about the movie was pretty much shown in the trailers and talked about on KJ. I would bet the house you have not seen the movie.

If that's the case, then I could very well imply the same thing for everyone else who's claim to have seen the movie prior to Thursday at Midnight.. :whistle:

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Another You

MR. GREEN wrote:
By the way, I still think The INCREDIBLE HULK had better action in it then TDK, even if it was only 4 action sequences..

TDK had LESS action scenes in it than The IncredibLe HuLk. In fact, there's just onLy one huge action sequence and that's the tunneL/Batpod scene. Yet, that one action scene in TDK>>>>>>>>severaL action scenes in IncredibLe HuLk. I aLso didn't notice the use of CGI here if indeed there was which makes it more amazing than TIH, Indy and Iron Man.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:43 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
luv wrote:
i dunno loyal. there is a 6-day difference between his posts.

and a 12 hour difference between the first post he wrote this morning in this thread and his review, meaning he put about half a day's worth of work into his lie.

Loyal, your reaching.. I'm supposed to be taking time off til Sept, but couldn't resist getting in on this..

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:44 pm
Profile WWW

The Dark Knight wrote:
luv wrote:
i dunno loyal. there is a 6-day difference between his posts.

and a 12 hour difference between the first post he wrote this morning in this thread and his review, meaning he put about half a day's worth of work into his lie.

Loyal, your reaching.. I'm supposed to be taking time off til Sept, but couldn't resist getting in on this..

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

MR. GREEN wrote:
If that's the case, then I could very well imply the same thing for everyone else who's claim to have seen the movie prior to Thursday at Midnight.. :whistle:

No one else has an established agenda against TDK.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 pm
Profile WWW

2001 wrote:
MR. GREEN wrote:

TDK had LESS action scenes in it than The IncredibLe HuLk. In fact, there's just onLy one huge action sequence and that's the tunneL/Batpod scene. Yet, that one action scene in TDK>>>>>>>>severaL action scenes in IncredibLe HuLk. I aLso didn't notice the use of CGI here if indeed there was which makes it more amazing than TIH, Indy and Iron Man.

Uh, NO.. No way and HULK accomplished what it did in 2 hours and didn't have to take 2.5 hours plus to do so.. For whatever reason or another, these filmmakers feel that 2 hours just isn't enough and TDK DEFINITELY needed to be trimmed by at least 15-20 minutes and leave all the unecessary subplots out of this.. Harvey Dent was a complete waste in this and was merely thrown away for no reason, not even a damn setup for the 3rd movie which would've been perfect.. It made absolutely no sense to do away with him..

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

Speevy wrote:
MR. GREEN wrote:

What fucking agenda?? I merely didn't get sucked into the vortex of overhype like 99% of you did is all.. I learned this lesson with SW EPISODE 1 and was burned cause of it..

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

MR. GREEN wrote:
Speevy wrote:
MR. GREEN wrote:

What fucking agenda?? I merely didn't get sucked into the vortex of overhype like 99% of you did is all.. I learned this lesson with SW EPISODE 1 and was burned cause of it..

And Hulk...

And Incredible Hulk...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:53 pm
He didn't look busy?!

iuawhfai94naelwilrjklatw4iluh25!@#$ERWT@#

I fucking HATE wanting to read KJ comments on a movie before I see it. Almost as much as I hate spoilers themselves. :cry:

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:53 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re:
billybobwashere wrote:
iuawhfai94naelwilrjklatw4iluh25!@#$ERWT@#

I fucking HATE wanting to read KJ comments on a movie before I see it. Almost as much as I hate spoilers themselves. :cry:

:console:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 pm
ef star star kay

I've just already got myself spoiled big time

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:05 pm
Extraordinary

BKB is right, the Dark Knight hardly flies. The film was an incredible disappointment. Plot wise it can be compared to Date Movie and action wise, In the Name of the King. Film was total drivel with the only saving grace being what I think was a shot of a Hulk action figure on the streets of Gotham though it could've easily just been a piece of turd which is quite fitting for this film.

D-

Last edited by Joker's Thug #3 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:07 pm
Extraordinary

Joker's Thug #3 wrote:
BKB is right, the Dark Knight hardly flies. The film was an incredible disappointment. Plot wise it can be compared to Not Another Date Movie and action wise, In the Name of the King. Film was total drivel with the only saving grace being what I think was a shot of a Hulk action figure on the streets of Gotham though it could've easily just been a piece of turd which is quite fitting for this film.

D-

wtf not another teen movie is good.
your post failed.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:12 pm
Extraordinary

fixed, I meant Date Movie. You're right, Not Another Teen Movie is far superior to Dark Knight.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:15 pm
Veteran

F-----------

Worst movie I have EVER seen. This is nothing compared to Burton's masterpieces. It takes itself too seriously and doesn't have a single light moment. Action scenes border on dull and worst I have ever seen. Critics clearly gave this a free pass because of Heath Ledger. Thank God I still have Batman and Robin on DVD to watch after this dreadful movie.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I'll just copy and paste my review from the other thread, but I gave this an "A" and it's certainly better than the last 2 piles of Schumacher crap, but better than the 1st BATMAN 1989?? No, but close.. I also think Keaton and Bale are about on par with one another, but I dug Keaton's psychological look he gave it more than Bale's interpretation of him, but still good.. One can only hope the film does well box office wise cause it deserves to, but as I've pointed out as well as a handful of others around the Net and that is this film won't be for everyone and I have played around with the theory as to how this film would've done in the Fall as opposed to the Summer cause it really doesn't come across as being like a typical summer movie with too much thinking and talking as opposed to non stop action which audiences are used to.. That's why I feel this will pull a HULK in it's 2nd weekend and drop 60%.. Anyway, my review below..

Joel Schumacher should see this movie IMMEDIATELY and ask himself WHY he didn't make the last 2 movies like this.. I don't have much time to get into this cause I'm on my way to work with very little sleep, but the highlights of what I liked:

I really loved the tone and feel of the movie, even though the 1st half is bogged down with alot of chit chat and exposition, the 2nd half with the action is where it shines best...... This Ladies and Gentlemen is The Dark Knight at it's Finest, the way The Dark Knight should be portrayed.. I loved the relationship between Commissioner Gordon and BATMAN and if there is 1 wish I could ask for, is that Nolan NOT put Robin in any of the next 2 movies as a dumb sidekick, but keep Gordon as BATMAN's sidekick.. BATMAN doesn't need Robin, especially the way he was in this movie.. I enjoyed The Scarecrow, however, I don't feel he's near as good as The JOKER and that I can agree with TIME Magazine on.. Also, I wish Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson had bigger roles than what they did in this film because they sort of semed like there were just wasted, but nevertheless, they were good when they were present.. As for who's the better BATMAN/Bruce Wayne?? I still say Michael Keaton hands down was far beter than Christian Bale, but Bale did a good job to.. It's just that Keaton defied odds and really pulled it off much better than Bale and 1 other thing I would like corrected in the next 2 films: Make Bales BATMAN mask a little smaller, cause it seemed a little big for his face making it look somewhat awkward..

On a scale of 1-10, I give THE DARK KNIGHT A 9.5... Very very good...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:25 pm
Speed Racer

THE DARK KNIGHT (2008)

I don't know where to begin. Let's start with the negative aspects: You could tell it was two and a half hours long. The beginning sucked, it was lame, there was no need for the Scarecrow to appear. The music was poorly used at times, especially during dramatic moments. I didn't like the Batsuit at all, and I still hate Batman's voice. Some gadget related things I didn't like, but I guess it's acceptable. That's pretty much about it. Now, the positive aspects: Incredible performances all around, especially Heath Ledger. This is a larger than life performance. It doesn't disappoint at all. He is AMAZING. Eat your heart out Jack Nicholson, though it's not fair to compare them since they are completely different characters. It's so sad we won't see the Joker again. Harvey Dent's transformation into Two-Face was great and shocking (You'll see what I mean), very well executed. The action was like an adrenaline rush. But the film definitely should've been called The Joker. It's Heath's movie, there's no question about it. This is the best Batman movie yet, it will be very hard to surpass it.

8/10 (A-)

PS: I loathed BATMAN BEGINS.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

um, how could people be writing reviews already?

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:27 pm
I heet the canadian!

Munk·E wrote:
I'll just copy and paste my review from the other thread, but I gave this an "A" and it's certainly better than the last 2 piles of Schumacher crap, but better than the 1st BATMAN 1989?? No, but close.. I also think Keaton and Bale are about on par with one another, but I dug Keaton's psychological look he gave it more than Bale's interpretation of him, but still good.. One can only hope the film does well box office wise cause it deserves to, but as I've pointed out as well as a handful of others around the Net and that is this film won't be for everyone and I have played around with the theory as to how this film would've done in the Fall as opposed to the Summer cause it really doesn't come across as being like a typical summer movie with too much thinking and talking as opposed to non stop action which audiences are used to.. That's why I feel this will pull a HULK in it's 2nd weekend and drop 60%.. Anyway, my review below..

Joel Schumacher should see this movie IMMEDIATELY and ask himself WHY he didn't make the last 2 movies like this.. I don't have much time to get into this cause I'm on my way to work with very little sleep, but the highlights of what I liked:

I really loved the tone and feel of the movie, even though the 1st half is bogged down with alot of chit chat and exposition, the 2nd half with the action is where it shines best...... This Ladies and Gentlemen is The Dark Knight at it's Finest, the way The Dark Knight should be portrayed.. I loved the relationship between Commissioner Gordon and BATMAN and if there is 1 wish I could ask for, is that Nolan NOT put Robin in any of the next 2 movies as a dumb sidekick, but keep Gordon as BATMAN's sidekick.. BATMAN doesn't need Robin, especially the way he was in this movie.. I enjoyed The Scarecrow, however, I don't feel he's near as good as The JOKER and that I can agree with TIME Magazine on.. Also, I wish Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson had bigger roles than what they did in this film because they sort of semed like there were just wasted, but nevertheless, they were good when they were present.. As for who's the better BATMAN/Bruce Wayne?? I still say Michael Keaton hands down was far beter than Christian Bale, but Bale did a good job to.. It's just that Keaton defied odds and really pulled it off much better than Bale and 1 other thing I would like corrected in the next 2 films: Make Bales BATMAN mask a little smaller, cause it seemed a little big for his face making it look somewhat awkward..

On a scale of 1-10, I give THE DARK KNIGHT A 9.5... Very very good...

I salute you sir.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 pm
Speed Racer

Sam wrote:

It was released today here.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:29 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

Sad-man wrote:
Sam wrote:

That explains your review. But the others'?

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:30 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Sam wrote:
Sad-man wrote:
Sam wrote:

Obviously a press screening on Monday in St. Louis.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:32 pm
Veteran

Sam wrote:
Sad-man wrote:
Sam wrote:

It's been out in Australia since the 16th.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:34 pm
Profile WWW
Another You

Sam wrote:
Sad-man wrote:
Sam wrote:

TDK ReLease Dates

Australia 16 July 2008
Egypt 16 July 2008
Philippines 17 July 2008
Argentina 17 July 2008
Greece 17 July 2008
Hong Kong 17 July 2008
Peru 17 July 2008
Singapore 17 July 2008
Taiwan 17 July 2008

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:38 pm
Another You

Sad-man wrote:
It's so sad we won't see the Joker again.

Umm why?
Spoiler: show
If your taLking about Ledger as The Joker, yeah. But we'LL stiLL see his character in the next instaLLment as his character didn't die in the movie. Its just a question of who can repLace and match him.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1708 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 69  Next