Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mindhunters 

What grade would you give this film?
A 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
B 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
C 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
D 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

Mindhunters 
College Boy Z

Post Mindhunters
Mindhunters

Quote:
Mindhunters is a 2004 thriller film directed by Renny Harlin and written by Wayne Kramer and Kevin Brodbin (with an uncredited rewrite by Ehren Kruger). Unusually, the last country to receive this film was the United States in 2005, because of the film's distribution rights being changed from 20th Century Fox to Dimension Films.

A solid thriller, though kinda predictable.

B

Last edited by zingy on Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:01 am
We had our time together

Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

A very solid horror-thriller with some cool death scenes and a very creepy atmosphere. Recommended.

7/10 ( B )

Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:22 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

FAR from an "A" but it was a really fun, gory movie :)

5/10 (C-)

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Teenage Dream

No one wants to see this movie with me, but damnit, i've heard too many good things about it from people I trust to let it slip by. Hopefully a Saturday matinee is in store.

Thu May 12, 2005 6:21 pm
You must have big rats

No one wants to see this movie with me, but damnit, i've heard too many good things about it from people I trust to let it slip by. Hopefully a Saturday matinee is in store.

See it! Zing and myself recomment it wholeheartedly! If you like serial killer films as well as really creative and inventive death scenes à la Final Destination, you'll love this one.

Thu May 12, 2005 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Believe me, makeshift, this movie is great. I almost guarantee you'll say it's better than Assault on Precinct 13. :wink:

Thu May 12, 2005 6:47 pm
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:

Believe me, makeshift, this movie is great. I almost guarantee you'll say it's better than Assault on Precinct 13. :wink:

Just as long as Ladies Love Cool James meets a grisly demise, I will be satisfied.

Thu May 12, 2005 6:50 pm
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
makeshift wrote:

Just as long as Ladies Love Cool James meets a grisly demise, I will be satisfied.

:-#

Thu May 12, 2005 6:51 pm
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
makeshift wrote:

Hahaha. That better be a positive silenced face, Zingy. When I first saw H20, I was sitting there, slack jawed at the vision of LL Cool J surviving multipile gun shot wounds and stab wounds. And then, Deep Blue Sea.... [-(

Thu May 12, 2005 6:53 pm
Sbil

Knowing how predictable these movies turn out, I'm guessing it's him and the Cold Case woman who survive.

Thu May 12, 2005 6:57 pm
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
makeshift wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
makeshift wrote:

Hahaha. That better be a positive silenced face, Zingy. When I first saw H20, I was sitting there, slack jawed at the vision of LL Cool J surviving multipile gun shot wounds and stab wounds. And then, Deep Blue Sea.... [-(

... :-#

Heh. You'll have to see. Speaking of this movie, I'm surprised you haven't seen it already. You've seen every known horror movie (and some unknown even to the one of the biggest buffs, like myself), but you haven't seen Mindhunters? It's been available through the internet, DVD, etc for, like, a year. :razz:

Thu May 12, 2005 6:57 pm
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
makeshift wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
makeshift wrote:

... :-#

Heh. You'll have to see. Speaking of this movie, I'm surprised you haven't seen it already. You've seen every known horror movie (and some unknown even to the one of the biggest buffs, like myself), but you haven't seen Mindhunters? It's been available through the internet, DVD, etc for, like, a year. :razz:

Honestly, I just never really built up any interest in it. I actually started to download it once, but because of the fact I wasn't *dying* to see it, I decided to wait for the eventual theatrical release and put my bandwith to better use. 8-[

Thu May 12, 2005 7:03 pm
Teenage Dream

Something tells me LL Cool J won't die.

Knowing how predictable these movies turn out, I'm guessing it's him and the Cold Case woman who survive.

Well, one thing i've heard about this film from most who've seen it is that it isn't predictable. Here's hoping...

Thu May 12, 2005 7:04 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Didnt LL Cool J and Ice Cube start the trend where the brother doesnt die in movies? :wink:

Thu May 12, 2005 7:54 pm
You must have big rats

Libs wrote:

Well, one thing i've heard about this film from most who've seen it is that it isn't predictable. Here's hoping...

The very first victim is really unpredictable, you'd never guess. I figured out the killer towards the ending of the movie, but only after the cast was quite diminished.

Thu May 12, 2005 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Yeah, the deaths (and how they happen) are pretty much unpredictable (and awesome!), but I guessed the killer half way through.

Thu May 12, 2005 10:07 pm
Teenage Dream

makeshift wrote:
Libs wrote:

The very first victim is really unpredictable, you'd never guess. I figured out the killer towards the ending of the movie, but only after the cast was quite diminished.

Christian Slater? The trailer kinda gives it away.

Thu May 12, 2005 10:52 pm
You must have big rats

Thu May 12, 2005 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

Wow. A big time disappointment. I went in with decently high hopes because of the good WOM i'd heard surrounding it, but this one is a total and complete disaster. Some pretty fun death scenes (which weren't nearly as gory as I was lead to believe) and an interesting middle section could not keep the film from going completely under. Terrible writing, acting, and directing abound. Renny Harlin has no sense of rythm (there are random shots of guns jammed in the camera lens with loud musical cues that make no sense) or even an original eye for shot composition. Everything you'll see in this film was done by another film, and probably done better. This film also features some of the worst editing i've ever seen in a major motion picture. Often, scenes will just STOP. There is no hint of transition or anything. It feels like there are entire sections missing out of the film at points. It's just really, really bad. And the music...oh god, the music. It sounds like the score was put together under the assumption that this was an 80's action flick starring Steven Segal. We get the crazy hair metal guitar riffs and everything. Yeah, this is just a bad, bad movie. Brutally predictable, completely illogical, and made with zero artistic sensiblity. I understand now why this film set on Dimension's shelf for so long. I really wanted to like this one, too, but there is just nothing there except a few decent murder set pieces and some interesting twists midway through. I give Mindhunters a regrettable D.

Fri May 13, 2005 10:16 pm
College Boy T

Ahh, makeshift. You're pretty much the only adult here who disregards the opinions of others. I wish I could do that.

Does LL Cool J die at least?

I think that's the first time you've ever mentioned the music being bad in a review...

I haven't seen the trailers for Mindhunters, but, is it supposed to be a horror or an action? If it's a horror, the music's completely misplaced. If it's solely action, it might work...

On another note, I'm giving House of Wax an extra shot tonight (I swear, piracy was sooo God's gift).

Fri May 13, 2005 10:37 pm
Teenage Dream

LL Cool J is one of the two peole that survive, unfortunately. He once again survives multiple injuries to end the film with an uber-cheesy one liner. I swear to god I think that's in his contract.

I think it's supposed to be a "thriller". A kind of hybrid of action/horror. It's mostly a horror movie, but it abrutly turns into a bad action film with about twenty minutes left. Blah.

Have fun with HOW, you pirate you.

Fri May 13, 2005 11:16 pm
College Boy Z

Damn. I thought you would like it, makeshift.

There's always House of Wax. :wink:

Sat May 14, 2005 1:13 am
All Star Poster

Is this movie like SAW? or better? Worse?

Sat May 14, 2005 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

MINDHUNTERS - 5/10 (C-)

I'd much rather see MINDHUNTERS though, funner and more rewatch value but SAW is the better film.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat May 14, 2005 12:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW