Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Terminator 2: Judgment Day 

What grade would you give this film?
A 89%  89%  [ 31 ]
B 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 35

College Boy Z

Post Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Quote:
Terminator 2: Judgment Day, commonly abbreviated T2, is a 1991 science fiction action film directed, co-written, and co-produced by James Cameron and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong, and Robert Patrick. A sequel to 1984's The Terminator, it follows the characters of Sarah Connor (Hamilton, reprising her role from the original film) and her son John (Furlong) as they are pursued by a new, more advanced Terminator, the liquid metal shape-shifting T-1000 (Patrick). Schwarzenegger reprises his role as the Terminator, but while the character was the antagonist of the first film, in Terminator 2 he is a protagonist, defending John and Sarah from the T-1000 and assisting them in their attempt to prevent Judgment Day, a future event in which machines will begin to exterminate humanity.

Terminator 2 was a significant box office and critical success. It had an impact on popular culture, and is considered hugely influential in the genres of action and science fiction. The film's visual effects included many breakthroughs in computer-generated imagery, marking the first use of natural human motion for a computer-generated character and the first partially computer-generated main character. It received many accolades, including four Academy Awards for makeup, sound mixing, sound editing, and visual effects.

Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:24 pm
Speed Racer

One of the best movies ever made and the best actioners ever made. Arnie at his best.

I'm the man.

Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

A-

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

one of the best sequels ever made, Great action!

A

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:27 pm
Hot Fuss

Duh...

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
College Boy Z

One of the best action movies ever. Period. The best of the series, and a hell of a good time. Arnold did a great job. One of the best movies of the 90's, and Arnold's personal best.

My Grade: A+

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:03 pm
I just lost the game

Ditto everyone. One of the best films of the 90s. Best sequel ever. Best action movie ever. Best Sci-Fi movie ever. Simply an amazing movie. Hoe foolish of me to like T3 over this...

Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:19 pm
We had our time together

One of the best action movies ever. This movie is so amazing in every single aspect. The DC is even better with Schwarzenegger trying to smile. :) It will always be one of my favorites. A+

Last edited by Riggs on Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Ditto everyone. One of the best films of the 90s. Best sequel ever. Best action movie ever. Best Sci-Fi movie ever. Simply an amazing movie. Hoe foolish of me to like T3 over this...

You're kidding right?

Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Superb. I have NOTHING but praise for this film.....the next one in the franchise however.....i have issues with.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

a technical marvel with some of the best action scenes ever made, but its not flawless, i had a few problems with the pacing, some performances and characters - B

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:51 am
Profile ICQ
I just lost the game

insomniacdude wrote:

You're kidding right?

Well, when I saw T3, it had been up to 8 years since I had seen T2. I knew what had happened in both Terminator films prior, but I couldn't have known how good it was...I was six. It's not that I actually liked T3 better, it's just that I didn't know T2 enough.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:47 pm
You must have big rats

One of the best action flicks ever made, best James Cameron movie, best Arnie movie and if it wasn't for The Matrix, it'd be the best sci-fi action movie of all time as well.

Last edited by Dr. Lecter on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

A

One of the best action flicks ever made, best James Cameron movie, best Arnie movie and if it wasn't for The Matrix, it'd be the best sci-fi action movie of all time as well.

Better than Titanic? :shock: :wink:

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

Leagues better then the original. Without a doubt the best sequel ever made, and one of the best sci-fi/action movies ever.

A

Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:50 am
Mod Team Leader

James Cameron is a God. He has to be. There are so few directors that can make films the way he can. In fact I would go out on a limb here and say that besides Spielberg ( who himself is a God ) no one can make films the way he can. Terminator was a great film. But T2 is really heads and shoulders above it. Sequels don't usually surpass the original, but this one sure did.

T2 explores so many of the same issues as the first one but it goes deeper into them. It gives us more visuals of what a desolate future would be like after a nuclear war. And it gives more reason to be pessimistic towards our own species. " We're not going to make it, are we? " John asks the Terminator. " It's in your nature to desroy yourselves. " How chilling is that? And how true? As a sci-fi/action movie, this is one of the best. But this could also be taken on the same level as a horror film. Just an incredibly expensive and well made horror film.

What an idea to add to the first films paranoia by not just having Arnold come back to play a good Terminator, but to have the seemingly invincible T-1000 become the enemy added a whole new dimension to the film.

This film has a bigger budget and it had higher expectations but it did not cease from being dark and intelligent enough to make us think. It also has some great humour. And Arnold doesn't disappoint, he utter the famous line " I'll be back! "

T2 is a movie miracle. It is so well made and enteraining while having a message that it is quite simply one of the best films ever made. I love what James Cameron does when he is behind a camera and I loved this movie. It is a true work of art. And one hell of an entertaining film.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Killing With Kindness

A++

ONe of the best action flicks.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
The Original

Even it is about time travel etc I have the feeling "Actually that could happen right now". This movie has an outstanding real touch for a sci-fi.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:55 pm
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
A

Better than Titanic? :shock: :wink:

Oh yes. And so is Aliens.

Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Loses some points for originality.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
All Star Poster

This film fucking Rocks, James Cameron is awsome. It's easily in my top 5 movies of all time, would have been my 1 or 2 but I thought the kid over acted in some scenes

It's still an A+

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:21 am
loyalfromlondon

Pretty much the best action film ever made. I never grow tired of watching this. The perfect blend of action, sci-fi, thrills, and even comedy. In my top ten of all-time.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Last edited by trixster on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:23 am
Squee

I know now why you cry.

:cry:

:glare:

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:40 am
Artie the One-Man Party

A+

One of the best movies ever made and the best actioners ever made. Arnie at his best.

I saw this post for a second and thought holy shit when was I here in 2004!?!?!?

Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:01 pm
Draughty

Serviceable action movie that undid most of the fun of the first Terminator by turning him into a hero, when the appeal of Terminator was scariest villain of all time.

B-

Also loses points for the unbelievably annoying kid.

Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next