Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 War of the Worlds (2005) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 54%  54%  [ 59 ]
B 30%  30%  [ 33 ]
C 9%  9%  [ 10 ]
D 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
F 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 109

War of the Worlds (2005) 
Forum General

I find it hard to believe that the KING KING trailer is getting no reaction from some of your theaters. Even when I saw it at the drive I heard people talking about it in their cars and I know my friends who've seen it at the theater said there was terrific word of mouth about the trailer.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
MISSING IN ACTION

well, generally, after a trailer, there is no reaction. Its normal...unless your Harry Potter or the 2nd Matrix..or spiderman...or Star Wars..haah.

...burn, die, and go to hell bizznitch.

Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

That's one thing I've never understood - are people in America different at cinemas than people here in New Zealand? I've never heard clapping / booing at a trailer or even at the end of a film in my entire life. They laugh when its funny but the rest of the time you hear nothing but a quiet chattering before and after a film.

Either way, didn't expect any reaction after King Kong either time I saw WOTW and didn't get any - about a fifth of the country saw it during a primetime current affairs show a night before so it wasn't anything new (though personally when I saw it on TV I wasn't impressed and this completely changed second time around, looks fun and the CG is fine).

Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Begging Naked

Showing: WAR OF THE WORLDS
Time: 10:00PM
250 SEATS: 1/2 Full

Trailers: King Kong: Still looks cartoonish looking and KONG himself looks much smaller than the 76 version and Jack Black looks horribly miscast for this movie.. No reaction from anyone..

The Island: No reaction

Elizabethtown: No reaction

Bad News Bears: Some chuckles and loks like it could be a decent remake

The Movie: Jesus, I'm drained after seeing this.. I haven't felt this kind of intensity since 93 when Jurassic Park came out.. The sound FX, The FX overall in general were simply an awesome sight to behold.. In brief summary: Ray(Tom Cruise) plays a Dad who works as a crane operator.. He's the kind of Dad you can tell that definitely has issues and sort of comes off like a prick the way he treats his children, well, specifically the older Son, Robbie.. His daughter Rachel doesn't get near the treatment the Son receives and for the most part, she's pretty damn smart for her age.. I see Dakota Fanning as the next Jodie Foster in how she was when she started out as a kid.. Father and Son have a very restrained relationship and you can see this while there throwing the baseball in the backyard, both referring to one another as a "Dick" as Cruise tells his Son and his Son refers to him as an "Asshole"..

As we continue along, we see the dark clouds and the lightening approach and before we know it, the pavement begins to crumble, buildings begin to split and up emerges this Enormous Tripod.. The Sound FX when this thing walks is very reminiscent of the sound Spielberg created when the T-Rex walked in Jurassic Park and did so with an earth shattering BOOM that shook the theatre.. Vehicles stop running because of the electrical current these things gave off and somehow Cruise manages to find the 1 vehicle that did work.. Now, I've seen folks complain about how was it possible that 1 vehicle could work and the rest couldn't?? The answer: Because once the electrical current in the beginning of the movie made the vehicles not run, Cruise suggested to the mechanic to change the Solinoid.. The mechanic changed the Solinoid in that particular vehicle which in turn, enable it to run, which is when Cruise and his kids stole the vehicle before his mechanic became vaporized.... The other vehicles didn't have the Solinoid changed, but only the van..

The Carnage: Very eye opening.. As people were running for there lives, the beams just vaporized everyone in it's path leaving bodily ashes everywhere including Tom Cruises(Ray) hair as he notices it in the mirror and washes it out.. For a movie that was PG-13, I'd have to say this was a damn HARD PG-13 movie that could've received an R-Rating and I would be anxious to see if there is a "Director's Cut" of this film when it arrives on DVD or an "Extended Cut" that gives it that R-Rating.. I thought the Ferry scene on the Hudson River was a sight to behold and seeing the tentacles of this Tripod snatch people up in the air was stunning, leaving my Jaw to drop.. I glanced around to see others reaction and it was basically the same way: Jaw dropping.. As for the Basement scene with Tim Robbins?? It could've been shortened by a few minutes and he came off as a survivalist nut that had his days numbered.. I enjoyed the Anaconda looking eye scoping out the cellar for any survivors and then remerging from the cellar and seeing the landscape look like Mars with all the red fertilizer looking weeds.. Well done and very Alien landscape looking..

The ending: I thought the ending was excellent and was exactly like the novel, complete with the emerging Alien hand crawling out of the Tripod and the head emerging, taking a gasp of breath and dying from the bacteria.. I waited around after the movie was over, or at least, walked slowly out of the theatre to guagae some reaction to see if it was the same reaction were reading here on the net about the ending ruining the movie and the only folks I saw complaining or at least questioning it were young teens.. The older crowd accepted it and maybe because they were well familar with the novel and the 1957 version of War of the Worlds.. That's just the way it was.. That's the way it ended and I felt there was nothing ridiculous about it..

Overall: I'd give this a 10.. It was that damn good and I'd be anxious to see how this holds up n the coming weekends to come.. As far as any applause at the end of the movie?? There was a little, but not overwhelming by a long shot.. I'm not exactly sure I would attribute that to disappointment though, but merely a draining reaction to the film itself.. This movie did not let up once it got going..

"A"

I, uh...agree with...you?

Expect I'd add a minus for some very minor nitpicks, like mommy and the grandparents looking all clean at the end and some other stuff I can't think of right now. Overall, I'd say to was very good, and Loyal, Mav and Star Wars just have their panties in a bunch. :mrgreen:

Oh god, I just used a primitive insult and the Mr. Green smilie...I'm turning into BKB! :shock: HELP!

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
MISSING IN ACTION

Its too late. you were exposed to too much gamma rays/bkb juice.

Dont let your emotions get out of hand, or youll start turning green, typing in bold and start saying things like FF4 will make 40000000 million dollars...

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:27 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Dont let your emotions get out of hand, or youll start turning green, typing in bold and start saying things like FF4 will make 40000000 million dollars...

I never said FF4 was gonna make 40000000 million dollars, HOWEVER, I did say that this movie was clearly the underdog that had appeal from teens, kids, adults who grew up on the comic and female appeal from the 2 male leads that would enable this movie to do greater than everyone is not giving it credit for.. I do agree with Mav that 60 Million plus for the 3 day weekend is in order an face it: FOX has done a tremendous job marketing this movie.. You can't deny it and they've nailed the characters...

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:45 am
Profile WWW
MISSING IN ACTION

are-why-a-en wrote:

I never said FF4 was gonna make 40000000 million dollars, HOWEVER, I did say that this movie was clearly the underdog that had appeal from teens, kids, adults who grew up on the comic and female appeal from the 2 male leads that would enable this movie to do greater than everyone is not giving it credit for.. I do agree with Mav that 60 Million plus for the 3 day weekend is in order an face it: FOX has done a tremendous job marketing this movie.. You can't deny it and they've nailed the characters...

Oh I agree, I was just parodizing the way you pimp the movies you want to see. Its not sensible sometimes, but it sure is fun to watch.

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:27 am
Profile WWW

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Showing: WAR OF THE WORLDS
Time: 10:00PM
250 SEATS: 1/2 Full

Trailers: King Kong: Still looks cartoonish looking and KONG himself looks much smaller than the 76 version and Jack Black looks horribly miscast for this movie.. No reaction from anyone..

The Island: No reaction

Elizabethtown: No reaction

Bad News Bears: Some chuckles and loks like it could be a decent remake

The Movie: Jesus, I'm drained after seeing this.. I haven't felt this kind of intensity since 93 when Jurassic Park came out.. The sound FX, The FX overall in general were simply an awesome sight to behold.. In brief summary: Ray(Tom Cruise) plays a Dad who works as a crane operator.. He's the kind of Dad you can tell that definitely has issues and sort of comes off like a prick the way he treats his children, well, specifically the older Son, Robbie.. His daughter Rachel doesn't get near the treatment the Son receives and for the most part, she's pretty damn smart for her age.. I see Dakota Fanning as the next Jodie Foster in how she was when she started out as a kid.. Father and Son have a very restrained relationship and you can see this while there throwing the baseball in the backyard, both referring to one another as a "Dick" as Cruise tells his Son and his Son refers to him as an "Asshole"..

As we continue along, we see the dark clouds and the lightening approach and before we know it, the pavement begins to crumble, buildings begin to split and up emerges this Enormous Tripod.. The Sound FX when this thing walks is very reminiscent of the sound Spielberg created when the T-Rex walked in Jurassic Park and did so with an earth shattering BOOM that shook the theatre.. Vehicles stop running because of the electrical current these things gave off and somehow Cruise manages to find the 1 vehicle that did work.. Now, I've seen folks complain about how was it possible that 1 vehicle could work and the rest couldn't?? The answer: Because once the electrical current in the beginning of the movie made the vehicles not run, Cruise suggested to the mechanic to change the Solinoid.. The mechanic changed the Solinoid in that particular vehicle which in turn, enable it to run, which is when Cruise and his kids stole the vehicle before his mechanic became vaporized.... The other vehicles didn't have the Solinoid changed, but only the van..

The Carnage: Very eye opening.. As people were running for there lives, the beams just vaporized everyone in it's path leaving bodily ashes everywhere including Tom Cruises(Ray) hair as he notices it in the mirror and washes it out.. For a movie that was PG-13, I'd have to say this was a damn HARD PG-13 movie that could've received an R-Rating and I would be anxious to see if there is a "Director's Cut" of this film when it arrives on DVD or an "Extended Cut" that gives it that R-Rating.. I thought the Ferry scene on the Hudson River was a sight to behold and seeing the tentacles of this Tripod snatch people up in the air was stunning, leaving my Jaw to drop.. I glanced around to see others reaction and it was basically the same way: Jaw dropping.. As for the Basement scene with Tim Robbins?? It could've been shortened by a few minutes and he came off as a survivalist nut that had his days numbered.. I enjoyed the Anaconda looking eye scoping out the cellar for any survivors and then remerging from the cellar and seeing the landscape look like Mars with all the red fertilizer looking weeds.. Well done and very Alien landscape looking..

The ending: I thought the ending was excellent and was exactly like the novel, complete with the emerging Alien hand crawling out of the Tripod and the head emerging, taking a gasp of breath and dying from the bacteria.. I waited around after the movie was over, or at least, walked slowly out of the theatre to guagae some reaction to see if it was the same reaction were reading here on the net about the ending ruining the movie and the only folks I saw complaining or at least questioning it were young teens.. The older crowd accepted it and maybe because they were well familar with the novel and the 1957 version of War of the Worlds.. That's just the way it was.. That's the way it ended and I felt there was nothing ridiculous about it..

Overall: I'd give this a 10.. It was that damn good and I'd be anxious to see how this holds up n the coming weekends to come.. As far as any applause at the end of the movie?? There was a little, but not overwhelming by a long shot.. I'm not exactly sure I would attribute that to disappointment though, but merely a draining reaction to the film itself.. This movie did not let up once it got going..

"A"

I, uh...agree with...you?

Expect I'd add a minus for some very minor nitpicks, like mommy and the grandparents looking all clean at the end and some other stuff I can't think of right now. Overall, I'd say to was very good, and Loyal, Mav and Star Wars just have their panties in a bunch. :mrgreen:

Oh god, I just used a primitive insult and the Mr. Green smilie...I'm turning into BKB! :shock: HELP!

Mommy and the Grandparents simply took a shower before Tom came by with the kids.. Hell that was simple.. :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:17 am
Profile WWW
Overall, I'd say to was very good, and Loyal, Mav and Star Wars just have their panties in a bunch. :mrgreen:

Oh my god, I reviewed the film? Where is it? Did I like it?

Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:27 am
Extraordinary

B-. A technically strong but very underwhelming movie. Buildings were destroyed, people were running, and Dakota was screaming, then it ended. It has some great parts such as from the fight to control the van to before Tim Robbins showed up, but others are just "seen that before" kind of feelings, and I never got emotionally involved. I haven't read the book, but the ending doesn't translate well to the big screen. It's something that screenwriter should've realized and said this is where the adaptation comes in. It's too anticlimatic and not really believeable. I don't want to see suddenly some amazing weapons just showed up and wiped the aliens out either. It's OK if they can't find a way to end it in the heroic fashion after all the set up. Simply end it in a depressing matter. It's amazing how millions of people died and somehow our three main characters got out without getting hurt. Why is it necessary that Robbie survived? It didn't add anything to me at that moment.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Draughty

B-. A technically strong but very underwhelming movie. Buildings were destroyed, people were running, and Dakota was screaming, then it ended. It has some great parts such as from the fight to control the van to before Tim Robbins showed up, but others are just "seen that before" kind of feelings, and I never got emotionally involved. I haven't read the book, but the ending doesn't translate well to the big screen. It's something that screenwriter should've realized and said this is where the adaptation comes in. It's too anticlimatic and not really believeable. I don't want to see suddenly some amazing weapons just showed up and wiped the aliens out either. It's OK if they can't find a way to end it in the heroic fashion after all the set up. Simply end it in a depressing matter. It's amazing how millions of people died and somehow our three main characters got out without getting hurt. Why is it necessary that Robbie survived? It didn't add anything to me at that moment.

This is a family movie, a pg-13 summer blockbuster. People who are wanting some horrific depressing ending tend to overlook that. It's a movie for a 45 year old parent to take his 13 year old daughter to.

In a situation like this where you want to make a family movie out of this kind of material, you have 2 main options. Play it moderately scary and kill off a character or two, like Sith did. Or play it scary as hell but have it turn out alright in the end like War did. I'm glad Spielberg took it in the latter direction.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:06 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

I've never liked kids in action movies. WOTW could have been so much better without the bratty teenage boy and screaming girl. And, as most have pointed out... the ending looked like they ran out of time and had to wrap up the movie quickly. It seemed rather unsatisfying.

But, overall WOTW was very watchable. It had some decent suspense and some snazzy effects. It's what you'd expect from a summer popcorn flick... nothing more, nothing less. I'll give it a B-

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:47 pm
Extraordinary

I find it hard to believe that the KING KING trailer is getting no reaction from some of your theaters. Even when I saw it at the drive I heard people talking about it in their cars and I know my friends who've seen it at the theater said there was terrific word of mouth about the trailer.

Boring...

All been done twice before... what a waste of film!

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:06 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

movies35 wrote:

Boring...

You die... You die and you go to hell

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:30 am
Extraordinary

Box wrote:
I'm sorry, but anyone who gave it an F needs to reconsider their priorities.

As bad as this film is in some parts, there is no way it's anywhere as bad as a D or F film.

Box, you have totally redeemed yourself. Just so you know, I completely disagree with, but still respect your opinion on this film.

Anyways, to everyone in general who are talking about it, I think the ending was really good. I'm going to admit that it would have been nice if the son had died. It would have been a nice emotional punch, but that didn't hurt anything for me. The film was so great, that was hardly anything. But in regards to how the alien's died, I personally thought it was a great ending, and the way it was shot gave the whole film a real sense of symmetry, as it tied back to the opening scene. The theme being that the smallest thing imaginable can be the ultimate downfall of the aliens, a race so complex and ultimately superior. I'm glad to see for once that the humans were in fact useless. They couldn't do a thing to defend themselves. Not a thing. After countless alien invasion and alien war films where the humans just magically find some new medical or weapon discovery and save the planet, this ending was awesome. The humans lost about a billion of their planets population, a lot of the Earth is left in ruins, and the rest have managed to survive, but not because of anything they did. Because they got lucky that something so small, and so "insignificant" to them, saved them. Us humans for once, weren't at the top of everything. What I find even more awesome is that this is the ending in the book as well, and this was written so long ago. Kudos to Spielberg for not changing it to make the typical Hollywood ending.

PEACE, Mike ;)

I definitely agree that I'm glad Spielberg didn't make it where the humans just magically find some new weapons and save the planet. That would be so much worse. However, it's still a Hollywood ending because human survived after all, and we still lived happily ever after. Why should we always get lucky? That's what bothered me. I loved the tone of helplessness that the movie set up. It went further than a lot of other movies, but please, take that and finish with it. If we are so vulnerable, let us get wiped out. No survivors, just complete darkness and make us feel hopeless all the way to the end. That's why I love the ending of Arlington Road, which elevated an otherwise just-above-average thriller. I can understand what Archie said about this being a family film and need an uplifting ending, but from a pure movie standpoint, the tone of last 10 minutes don't fit with all the things that came before it. The earth should've been completely left in ruins.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:37 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

A good twist would've been if Tom died... then Dakota would've been left all alone to fend for herself...

I also wish the son would've died... It's stupid that he survived

And I agree with Xiayun, the human race should've been wiped out, happy endings are getting old.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:18 am
Vagina Qwertyuiop

Awesome. Just brilliant. My favourite film of the year so far, and the best film Spielberg's done in years.

A (possibly A+, needs a second viewing)

Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:03 pm
Extraordinary

bradley witherberry wrote:
movies35 wrote:

Boring...

That seems a tad on the negative side...

Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:54 pm

movies35 wrote:

Boring...

Gee?? Isn't that a tad bit harsh when he's in fact telling the truth?? :-k It has been done 2 times over and Hackson should've done something a little more original than King Kong.. Nuff said

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

ChipMunky wrote:
movies35 wrote:

Boring...

Gee?? Isn't that a tad bit harsh when he's in fact telling the truth?? :-k It has been done 2 times over and Hackson should've done something a little more original than King Kong.. Nuff said

Yeah Peter Jackson needs to do something more original... I have only seen DEAD ALIVE and that wasn't good... Fellowship of the Ring was good but yeah he really needs to get his own idea's. What a loser he is.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

BKB_The_Man wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:
movies35 wrote:

Boring...

Yeah Peter Jackson needs to do something more original... I have only seen DEAD ALIVE and that wasn't good... Fellowship of the Ring was good but yeah he really needs to get his own idea's. What a loser he is.

Yeah... such a loser... I mean ANYONE could've made the LOTR trilogy into the masterpieces that they became... And I'm sure ANY director could remake King Kong greater than PJ can... I mean it was the movie that got him into filmmaking... why remake that? Cause you want the younger generation to be inspired by beautiful filmmaking? Pfft... pointless

Peter Jackson = Greatest director alive :)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:18 am

Didn't have a problem really with the ending. I do think the son should have died and that the camera should have went over the hill.

One thing that stuck out to me that no one's really talked about is the lack of space and time in the film. I'm still attempting to connect the dots from the house to where the tripod first emerged to the second house to the third house to the final house. How much time elapsed? How far are these places from one another? I know Boston to NJ is around 200 miles or so.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:33 am
Indiana Jones IV

War Of The Worlds was a good summer sci-fi movie. but it didn't meet my expectation. i liked the first half of the movie, but in the end, it just dissapoint me. Tom Cruise deliver his best performance as usual, and so is Dakota. but there're just some question left after i leave the theatres, anyhow it still a decent movie to watch this summer. but just don't expect too much. overall it just reach a B- level.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:08 am
Profile ICQ WWW
La Bella Vito

I liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would. The special effects, and CGI were amazing. The way the tripods looked were quite incredible, and very believable. The thing I liked most about this film was the length. It never dragged, within 15 minutes of the film the action kicks in, and never gives up. The actors are all great too. Dakota Fanning continues to blow me away with her amazing ability to act. Tom Cruise was also very good. The only thing that bothered me about this movie was the ending. It just didn't make any sense to me, and it felt very stupid. Other than that, it was a fantastic movie.

A-

Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Wallflower

I was expecting “War of The Worlds” to be a solid movie, if not a great one. It looked very good from the previews, and the reviews were mostly positive. The only complaint a lot of people seemed to have was the ending, which many found to be a letdown. The biggest thing keeping me from wanting to see “War of The Worlds” more than I did was how much I hate Tom Cruise right now. He’s gone crazy lately and I can’t stand him. It made me not want to support the movie. But other than him it looked like a good one so I saw it anyway, and with an open mind. I ended up liking it a lot. It was really interesting and involving most of the time. Unfortunately, starting with as soon as they get to Harlan’s (Tim Robins) basement, the movie starts to go downhill. The ending was also a little too happy. A happy ending could have been fine, but I don’t think they pulled it off in a completely satisfying way here. It just seems a little phony.

*****************SPOILERS*****************

I really liked Robbie (Justin Chatwin) so I was glad he was still alive, even though it seemed a little unrealistic. But the ending just doesn’t feel quite right. I mean what are the odds that the mother, her husband, her parents, etc… would all be ok too? The son still being alive is one thing, but all of them? I don’t buy that.

***************END SPOILERS***************

I don’t know, I don’t hate the ending and it didn’t ruin the movie for me, but I do find it flawed. I also found the whole alien invasion to be settled too easily and quickly. It almost felt like a cop-out. But these aren’t huge flaws, just minor complaints for me. And speaking of the aliens, I thought they looked too cutesy in the face. It was like the aliens you’d find in a kids movie. It’s impossible to find them terrifying when you see their faces. They were freaky when they were in their machines and you couldn’t see what they looked like, but then you see them and it’s like, “Aww, look at the cute alien!” That’s not exactly what you should be thinking during a movie like this.

After hearing many say that the movie was scary and they jumped quite a bit, I was thinking this might have some pretty tense scenes. But I didn’t find any here, not even a jump scene. Maybe it’s just because I’ve seen a lot of thrillers so I don’t get going as easily, but I’d say that’s only half of it. When a movie is intense I’ll find myself on the edge of my seat, and if there’s a jump scene, I’ll usually jump. Nothing like that happened with me during this movie though. I wouldn’t have even been expecting this movie to be scary had I not heard people say it was. That got me expecting more in the scares department. So did some people calling it a horror movie, which surprised me and got me more interested. After seeing it I wouldn’t call it one at all. It’s a sci-fi thriller and drama, not a horror movie. But that’s just my opinion.

All of the performances are solid. Me not liking Cruise at all in real-life now aside, he did do a good job here. Dakota Fanning (I Am Sam, Uptown Girls, Man on Fire, Hide & Seek) was very good, as usual. Justin Chatwin (The Chumscrubber, Baby Geniuses 2, Taking Lives) was really good and likable as Robbie. He was also kind of cute, thanks mostly to his character’s sweet relationship with his sister. Worth noting is that both Fanning and Chatwin starred in Steven Spielberg’s sci-fi mini-series “Taken.”

“War of The Worlds” isn’t perfect, but it’s still a very good summer popcorn movie. Before we get to Harlan’s basement my rating was going to be an 8/10 (A-), but since it went downhill starting there it ended up dropping to an 8/10 (B+), which is still great. I didn’t find it quite as great as Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines, another “end of the world” movie that opened at the Box Office during the July 4th holiday (in 2003), but I definitely don’t regret going to see it and I had a very enjoyable time. I will purchase it on DVD.

Grade: 8/10 (B+)

Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next