Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Weekend Estimates 
New Server, Same X

Looks like I must have been envisioning Batman Begins second weekend number when I kept seeing $25-28 million for Bewitched opening weekend. I didn't really see it, I just felt like that's what was in store.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:41 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Tuukka wrote:
There has been a lot of talk about the 6-day weekend for WOTW. But the thing is, BB will most likely benefit from it as well. Since it's the holidays, there is plenty of room to perform. While WOTW will take a bite out of BB's audience, I don't think it will be too big. There is enough room for both of them. Since BB will also have the 6-day weekend, 180 million seems like a lock and even 200 million remains a possibility. Personally I think it should end up with 185-190 million. The real killer blow won't come until Fantastic Four.

Or maybe people will realize how bad F4 is when they see it that they will rush out and tell their friends to see BB instead. It works out well in the end :mrgreen:

Oh, so you have seen it? How was it?

What Mixed Drink Are You?

http://www.blogthings.com/whatmixeddrinkareyouquiz/

Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

Bewitched, Herbie and Land all done "solid" according to Yahoo Movies.

Whoot....HERBIE'S 5 day total is nice.

Go BB and M&MS

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:08 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Anybody think Batman can get above 15 million next weekend?

Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Pretty weak for Bewitched. Which is ashame, With the right director and none of this hollywood concept nonsense it could have done really well.
But i must say ive gone from desperately anticipating this to having a mild interest in seeing it since the marketing materials have been released.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I_Was_Your_Sam wrote:
How could BB not break $200 million now? It's already at $120. $80 million off a $26 million weekend is not a stretch is it? :-k

I am so happy Smiths are kicking ass, just like the movie did. \:D/
It all really depends on how WOTW and FF4 effect it, but then again it also has the help from 4th of July weekend, so thats good.

The $80m is after the $26m, so its still a $26/$106 ratio (4.08 multiplier) it has to do from here - possible considering it's already had a second-week drop out of the way, but still very difficult because of the competition Killuminati mentioned.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

Well I hope Libs doesn't get mad at me for this, but this failure by Bewitched is not a big surprise. I know the movie sucked (from what I hear) so that obviously did not help things out, but to me, this is just another failure for Kidman when she is carrying the film on her name almost alone.

Glad to see BB do so well this weekend. I think it is a strecth to hit 200, but 180 looks good.

I am surprised at MM. I really didn't think it would do this well, esp seeing as the film is really not that great. :razz:

Glad to see SW drop less than 40%. It looks like 380 is all but locked up. Is 390 possible?

I too think LOTD is over predicted. How can it not be?

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Sbil

Well I hope Libs doesn't get mad at me for this, but this failure by Bewitched is not a big surprise. I know the movie sucked (from what I hear) so that obviously did not help things out, but to me, this is just another failure for Kidman when she is carrying the film on her name almost alone.

Glad to see BB do so well this weekend. I think it is a strecth to hit 200, but 180 looks good.

I am surprised at MM. I really didn't think it would do this well, esp seeing as the film is really not that great. :razz:

Glad to see SW drop less than 40%. It looks like 380 is all but locked up. Is 390 possible?

I won't.

The film was a relative failure anyway.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:18 pm
Mod Team Leader

baumer72 wrote:

I won't.

The film was a relative failure anyway.

Was it really that bad?

Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

BOG summary. Glad to see Batman Begins hold up well internationally as well.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Full Fledged Member

I´m happy to see final predictions for BB with X-Men numbers :D
For the sequel, it could get 230+ Million :p

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Good for Batman. Glad to see it hold the top spot. 180 million here we come.

Bewitched disappoints. Not surprising since the film was VERY mediocre at best.

Disappointing for Herbie. I expected a weekend of at least 15 million.

Decent for Land of the Dead but it'll surely drop with actuals. Still pretty good for a 15 million budgeted film.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:59 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Congratulations for Batman Begins.. I really didn't think it would pull it off but it did and my signature clearly shows it for at least 2 weeks.. However, now that it will enter it's 3rd week with War of the Worlds coming out, what are the chances of it dropping more than 50%??? :-k

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Congratulations for Batman Begins.. I really didn't think it would pull it off but it did and my signature clearly shows it for at least 2 weeks.. However, now that it will enter it's 3rd week with War of the Worlds coming out, what are the chances of it dropping more than 50%??? :-k

Batman Begins may not fall that hard next weekend due to 4th of July weekend. The weekend after that it will fall hard. This weekend was a gimme without any serious competition to it.

Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

I think Batman will end with $190m and that would be fantastic. To rebound like that after the debacle that was Batman and Robin is remarkable.

Begins is a great film and expect the sequel to actually increase to above $250m. This will be in direct conflict with the way Batman Returns dropped substantially from the original.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:28 am
Squee

Well over at Box Office Report, there was this thread about "What would be dissapointing gross for batman begins, what would be good, what would be great etc.." and I had the "good" gross for Batman Begins at 175 million, so Im liking what I see!

:glare:

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:31 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

Well over at Box Office Report, there was this thread about "What would be dissapointing gross for batman begins, what would be good, what would be great etc.." and I had the "good" gross for Batman Begins at 175 million, so Im liking what I see!

Yeah I expected $175-$185m as a good gross - so its meeting expectations.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2