Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 The Britney Movie 
Extraordinary

Post The Britney Movie
So reports are coming out of an intense bidding war for movie rights to Britney Spears memoir which is a mega bestseller.

Reports claim that Brad Pitt is bidding along with Margot Robbie and Reese Witherspoon to take Britney’s story to the big screen.

Shonda Rhimes was reported as well but denied it. She wrote Crossroads.

Reese was Britney's first choice for narrating the audio book but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts so Michelle Williams got involved.

I feel like the curiosity of Britney's life this movie could do really, really, well.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:31 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: The Britney Movie
Would depend on the execution and how dark they’re willing to go, I Wanna Dance With Somebody from the marketing seemed like it focused too much on the good years compared to the Bobby Brown/drug parts. I’m interested in bareheaded Britney hitting car with umbrella not recreating the VMAs with the snake.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:10 pm
Extraordinary

Feel like this is too soon...

But a Britney biopic would be very big.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:11 pm
100% That Bitch

Whoever gets cast as Britney is a shoe in for best actress nom.

This really depends on how they treat it. It has the potential to be a huge hit or a fucking Bomb. Plus Britney has to have some input in it to succed

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:35 pm
Extraordinary

Millie Bobby Brown has said in the past she wanted to play Britney Spears. She's so associated with Stranger Things and I'm not sure if she's the right fit. I'd rather go with an unknown but I feel like ever A-list actress in that age range is going to want to have this role as either a teenager or adult.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

If it comes across as credible and actually looks at the dark/disturbing stuff she went through like being drugged against her will, mental breakdown etc then yeah it could be big.

But if it comes across as a sanitized Lifetime movie like the Whitney biopic then I don't see it doing very well.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:24 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

O wrote:
Millie Bobby Brown has said in the past she wanted to play Britney Spears. She's so associated with Stranger Things and I'm not sure if she's the right fit. I'd rather go with an unknown but I feel like ever A-list actress in that age range is going to want to have this role as either a teenager or adult.

The girl who played Priscilla in the Sofia Coppola film would be good as well

Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:25 pm
Superfreak

Feels way way too soon for someone still relevant. She is barely 40 years old. People like Timberlake would have to be in the film and he still makes mainstream music...we'll see if there is a market for him anymore though.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:00 pm
The Kramer

Meh. Biographies are usually much better when the person is no longer alive. Everyone making this film knows that Britney is gonna watch it and therefore it will be soft and pussified. Should really just focus on a specific moment of her life and end with the VMA performance of Slave 4 U.

Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:39 am
Extraordinary

The Social Network is the main successful recent bio I can think of that came out while the person behind it was still a big presence. A tone like that movie with the ongoing betrayals around her but then would find resolution of the lifting of the conservativeship could be a good arc, with her winning her freedom thanks to her fans to end the movie. Really the story of her perseverance and the impact of her fans.

Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

I suspect they’ll go light on the lowlights (ones she self imposed). And heavy on the victim angle, legal stuff with the dad. No worshipful hagiography please. It will feel inauthentic. They need to show it all, her good and her bad, for it to resonate with audiences IMO.

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]