Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Bond 25 is "No Time to Die" - Predictions 
Quality is a great business plan

Post Re: Bond 25 is "No Time to Die" - Predictions
What are you smoking. Skyfall had just over 2m midnights and 90m OW. Spectre with meh reviews had 5m preview and 70m OW. Bond audience base skew older than SH is more walkups driven. There is no question NTTD will have great walkups. Plus this being finale of Craig will pull in audience. Anecdotally I know many for whom this will be the 1st movie post pandemic.

That said I am still not buying into 100m OW. Presales I have seen so far show its headed towards 8m+ previews with good sales for friday/saturday. I am expecting 10x previews for OW which is not crazy for bond. That is why I said 80m+ OW.

I used to be shawman.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:05 pm
Indiana Jones IV

One thing that’s so fascinating about these times is how the pandemic is affecting desire for certain movies + theater experiences. Such that, I’m pretty sure the timing of this movie coinciding with a desire to get back to ‘normal’ experiences could likely lead to larger grosses than would have happened otherwise. Of course we’ll never know, but I think if Covid hadn’t happened and Bond stuck to its original release date, I think it would have decreased from Spectre. Now it’s feeling like it could be perfect timing for an old school, rousing cinematic offering, leading to a relative breakout, and a larger gross than otherwise.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:20 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Keyser Söze wrote:
What are you smoking. Skyfall had just over 2m midnights and 90m OW. Spectre with meh reviews had 5m preview and 70m OW. Bond audience base skew older than SH is more walkups driven. There is no question NTTD will have great walkups. Plus this being finale of Craig will pull in audience. Anecdotally I know many for whom this will be the 1st movie post pandemic.

That said I am still not buying into 100m OW. Presales I have seen so far show its headed towards 8m+ previews with good sales for friday/saturday. I am expecting 10x previews for OW which is not crazy for bond. That is why I said 80m+ OW.

A really good brand of pot :P

Good with 80m+ with those presales and happy to be wrong but Bond's history just hasn't shown huge numbers thus far domestically. If it surprises that's probably because audience are starved for blockbusters, so bigger numbers are a real possibility but I do not want to make those predictions just yet.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:44 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Steve wrote:
One thing that’s so fascinating about these times is how the pandemic is affecting desire for certain movies + theater experiences. Such that, I’m pretty sure the timing of this movie coinciding with a desire to get back to ‘normal’ experiences could likely lead to larger grosses than would have happened otherwise. Of course we’ll never know, but I think if Covid hadn’t happened and Bond stuck to its original release date, I think it would have decreased from Spectre. Now it’s feeling like it could be perfect timing for an old school, rousing cinematic offering, leading to a relative breakout, and a larger gross than otherwise.

I agree. :thumbsup:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:45 pm
Into the fray

Fwiw, I went back and looked, and it seems like Skyfall made $4.6m on Thursday? They didn't count a lot of screenings in their number.

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4