Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Justice League Predictions 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Justice League Predictions
Magnus wrote:
they shouldnt release anything until Wonder Woman.

(or guardians 2)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:34 pm
Extraordinary

I think OW can match BvS.

I'm still surprised we have so much footage but it's been pretty well received and the Ultimate Edition of BvS got pretty positive press.

I could see a first teaser with Rogue One tbh. That's too early but ya, it's WB. If they do one it should be short like Episode 7's.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:49 pm
Forum General

A proper teaser with Kong wouldn't surprise me, considering how early they started marketing BvS. If not than their should definitely be something attached to WW and than another trailer at CC.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:16 pm
now we know

Glad Magnus doesn't work for WB/DC's marketing department.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Yep there was no need to show anything related to Justice League this early.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:45 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

This will make over $350 mil, and less than $500 mil. Probably.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:22 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

They shouldn't released that Comic-con footage over Internet. Not really required at this point.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 am
Hold the door!

This will open in the same range as BvS. And probably close in the same range too.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:17 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

It will do more than BvS, I don't see it doing going below 2 multiplier, it looks tonally different from BvS and the changes seem to be there in terms of what audience wanted out of these movies.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:28 am
You must have big rats

What if Wonder Woman gets the same sort of reception as Suicide Squad and BvS? I'd say Justice League will open below $150 million and being super-frontloaded might not even outgross BvS.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:08 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

The early "rumors" for SS was that it was a mess. Didn't we hear the same about WW? If it does happen I really don't think WB should continue after JL1 anymore.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:10 am
Superfreak

SS wasn't a mess beyond the shit villain, which was very Marvel sequel of them.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:58 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yeah sure it wasn't a mess AT ALL.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:11 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Dr. Lecter wrote:
What if Wonder Woman gets the same sort of reception as Suicide Squad and BvS? I'd say Justice League will open below $150 million and being super-frontloaded might not even outgross BvS.

I could even see sub $130m and a total below $300m in that case. Which will probably make WB hit abort on the DCEU, heads will roll, lots of people will lose their jobs. Total disaster.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:30 pm
Extraordinary

Barrabás wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:

I could even see sub $130m and a total below $300m in that case. Which will probably make WB hit abort on the DCEU, heads will roll, lots of people will lose their jobs. Total disaster.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:05 pm
Superfreak

SUMMON EXCEL

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:06 pm
Superfreak

Magnus wrote:
people do realize that MoS had lukewarm reception, BvS had negative reception, and SS, despite negative reviews itself, is still on pace to do 130m+ OW? Yes eventually all this negative recpeiton should have a big effect and in a way it is (all these films did much less than what they should have). But if these films can still be financially successful (and they are, even if they're not even close to what they should be doing), I don't think WB is going to just reboot, particularly if that means going years without any DC properties. They'd rather have 2 DC properties a year that are mildly successful than not have those for 4-5 years.

The biggest takeaway from all of this is the DC Properties were - and largely still are - on a completely different level than pretty much any Marvel property sans IRON MAN, and that will change as soon as RDJ leaves. Higher floors, higher ceilings, not even comparable. Where Marvel has essentially reached the potential for nearly all of its properties, DC has had several underperformers in a row. While SS in no way is an underperformer as a concept, it is clear the film will underperform what became its very real potential due to the terrible reviews (even though WOM will be fine).

At what point does WB worry about damaging/destroying what were previously extremely popular brands just for the sake of matching Marvel? Christopher Nolan made Batman the most popular single character ON EARTH. Look at what Zack Snyder was able to do him in a single film. SUICIDE SQUAD clearly had the potential to be a MASSIVE break out hit & make stars out of all of its main characters. While the latter part still may be true (Deadshot, Joker, and Harley won't be turning off any fans), the former now appears to only be a quasi breakout hit ands frankly cannot help feeling like a disappoint relative its clear potential.

This is now 3 straight films that I personally thought were two important for WB to fuck up, but in reality have all been fucked up to varying degrees. It is clear that despite seemingly strong concepts, limitless budgets, the finest production values, the most incredible marketing campaigns, etc that each DCCU property SHOULD have made more money than it is.

The less than perfect quality of MAN OF STEEL, BATMAN V SUPERMAN, and SUICIDE SQUAD has no doubt cost WB at least $1 billion dollars worldwide between the three from the terrible legs they all have experienced (though SS will likely have OK legs). Wonder Woman has to hit. There is no other way to put it. And Justice League? The entire bit with Wayne throwing the Batarang was lame af.

Finish the films already in production, and then go back to Nolans one film at a time thing.

Give us Batfleck + Joker + Harley + Deadshot. Make it good. And records will be challenged, if not fall.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:00 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

No need to reset. Most/all agree that the cast's in the films have been great (though Lex Luthor is split). If JL flails, directors/writers will change. But I'd say the cast's mostly stay the same.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:20 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Excel wrote:
Higher floors, higher ceilings, not even comparable. Where Marvel has essentially reached the potential for nearly all of its properties, DC has had several underperformers in a row.

:hahaha: :hahaha:

Last edited by Jack Sparrow on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:24 am
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Excel wrote:
Magnus wrote:
people do realize that MoS had lukewarm reception, BvS had negative reception, and SS, despite negative reviews itself, is still on pace to do 130m+ OW? Yes eventually all this negative recpeiton should have a big effect and in a way it is (all these films did much less than what they should have). But if these films can still be financially successful (and they are, even if they're not even close to what they should be doing), I don't think WB is going to just reboot, particularly if that means going years without any DC properties. They'd rather have 2 DC properties a year that are mildly successful than not have those for 4-5 years.

The biggest takeaway from all of this is the DC Properties were - and largely still are - on a completely different level than pretty much any Marvel property sans IRON MAN, and that will change as soon as RDJ leaves. Higher floors, higher ceilings, not even comparable. Where Marvel has essentially reached the potential for nearly all of its properties, DC has had several underperformers in a row. While SS in no way is an underperformer as a concept, it is clear the film will underperform what became its very real potential due to the terrible reviews (even though WOM will be fine).

In terms of how iconic they are in Western culture, the only Marvel property that is on the level of Superman/Batman/The Joker/arguably Wonder Woman is Spider-Man (and I also might add The Hulk in here, I think the character has immense untapped potential for a successful film franchise), but I'd argue Iron Man and Captain America are more relevant to current audiences.

I do think you have a point when it comes to RDJ/Iron Man though. It's hard to imagine an Iron Man reboot in 10 years with a different actor doing anywhere near what his version did, whereas a Batman reboot in 10 years could easily still do 300m+. And I definitely agree that the Batfleck film needs to feature Leto's Joker and Robbie's Harley Quinn, and that it has immense potential beyond any Marvel film sans Avengers.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:02 am
now we know

Barrabás wrote:
And I definitely agree that the Batfleck film needs to feature Leto's Joker and Robbie's Harley Quinn, and that it has immense potential beyond any Marvel film sans Avengers.

Agreed.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:04 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

The WoM of Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad is bound to make an impact on the grosses of this, unless Wonder Woman is an acclaimed masterpiece maybe...

The fanbase is still large. What will happen is that opening weekends will be more and more frontloaded. Unless Wonder Woman is a hated failure, this still has a shot at a $150+ million. Hell, depending on the marketing (the only thing Warner seems to be good at when it comes to the DCeU), it could even hit $165 million opening weekend. But drops will be BRUTAL. New Moon dropped 70% despite Thanksgiving in its second weekend. Justice Leage will probably match that. In fact I can see it going from a $160 million opening to sub-$20 million in its third weekend.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

I could see this open to 150 million and miss out on 300 million.

I am not sure, I think the films have a core fanbase but BvS and SS is really turning off casual fans of DC films that liked the Nolan films.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Why would SS be badly hurt by BvS? WB/DC weren't really pushing connection between two.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:36 pm
The Wall

Lotan wrote:
Why would SS be badly hurt by BvS? WB/DC weren't really pushing connection between two.

Yeah. They kind of managed to push clean slate for SS - this movie is so cool and nothing alike BvS or MoS - this is the one to see. Obviously they marketed it right. JL is on shaky legs if the WB doesn't sell it well with trailers. It's obviously a direct continuation from BvS and if it's not really appealing in trailers it might suffer from lower opening and bad legs too (unless it's great, which could give it good legs). I'm thinking it will open to the same number as BvS.

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next