Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Mission Impossible 7 and 8 predictions 
Extraordinary

Post Mission Impossible 7 and 8 predictions
Was announced today that McQuarrie is making the next installments back to back.

I'm not sure if these will do more than Fallout but I guess we'll see if we get anyone else exciting in the cast. Hope they're both on par with the last 2!

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:46 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Post Re: Mission Impossible 7 and 8 predictions
Paramount still desperate for hits. They better focus on quality lest they have another Transformers situation on their hands, where they greedily tried to cash in as much as they could and ended up destroying their biggest franchise.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 pm
Extraordinary

Barrabás wrote:
Paramount still desperate for hits. They better focus on quality lest they have another Transformers situation on their hands, where they greedily tried to cash in as much as they could and ended up destroying their biggest franchise.

Very bad comparison as even the first Transformers movie isn't on the level with the best Mission Impossible Film. The second film was awful to which didn't help. They gave Michael Bay too much power.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

Very bad comparison as even the first Transformers movie isn't on the level with the best Mission Impossible Film. The second film was awful to which didn't help. They gave Michael Bay too much power.

The second M:I film also sucked lol.

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:21 pm
Forum General

Yeah hopefully they don't drop the ball, because I absolutely loved Fallout and nothing would be more disappointing than them not being able to replicate that level of quality. Movies shooting back to back and coming out only a year apart don't have the best track records, but I do have faith in McQuarrie.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:39 am
Indiana Jones IV

I'm slightly disappointed because McQuarrie had been talking up his interest in doing a Star Trek film during MI:Fallout video release publicity. Oh well, maybe post-2022.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Barrabás wrote:
Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Barrabás wrote:

The second M:I film also sucked lol.

Yeah it did, but it was still better than Transformers 2 and besides the Transformers films have gotten worse (other than Bumblebee I guess) since that film. While the Mission Impossible films have gotten better.

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

M:I7 - 800m - 1b WW
M:I8 - 900m - 1.1b WW

Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:28 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Tom Cruise is a beast! He alone is the reason why this franchise so so long lasting and successful. The F&F movies have that ensemble and even the Bond movies aren’t as reliant on their lead actor.

I was blind, but now I see.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]