Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:40 pm



Reply to topic  [ 7013 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 281  Next
 Release Date Change Thread 
Author Message
Teenage Dream
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:13 pm
Posts: 10470
Post Release Date Change Thread
Post release date changes here.

Upcoming Releases

May

May 6
Captain America: Civil War

May 13
The Darkness
Money Monster

May 20
The Angry Birds Movie
Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising
The Nice Guys

May 27
Alice Through the Looking Glass
X-Men: Apocalypse

June

June 3
Me Before You
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

June 10
The Conjuring 2
Now You See Me 2
Warcraft

June 17
Central Intelligence
Finding Dory

June 24
Free State of Jonas
Independence Day: Resurgence

June 29
The Shallows

July

July 1
The BFG
The Legend of Tarzan
The Purge: Election Year

July 8
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
The Secret Life of Pets

July 13
The Infiltrator

July 15
Ghostbusters

July 22
Ice Age: Collision Course
Lights Out
Star Trek Beyond

July 29
Bad Moms
Jason Bourne

August

August 5
The Founder
Nine Lives
Suicide Squad

August 12
Florence Foster Jenkins
Pete's Dragon
Sausage Party
Spectral

August 19
Ben-Hur
Kubo and the Two Strings
The Space Between Us
War Dogs

August 26
Don't Breathe
Hands of Stone
Mechanic: Resurrection


Last edited by Spidey on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 11 times in total.



Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:17 pm
Profile
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 27854
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Looks very good, Spidey.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:53 pm
Posts: 8641
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
If Watchmen gets delayed, Universal should immediately take that release date to open Fast and Furious. I see $65 m + opening potential for it even in April, but think March is a good place for it to be.


Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:54 am
Posts: 20253
Location: Melbourne Australia
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Nice work Spidey.

Ive stickied this one in place of the old one.

_________________


Frost/Nixon A
Sumdog Millionaire A
Vicky Christina Barcelona A
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button A



Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:15 pm
Profile
Teenage Dream
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:13 pm
Posts: 10470
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
MadGez wrote:
Nice work Spidey.

Ive stickied this one in place of the old one.


Thanks. I felt it was time we had an updated release schedule. Plus the other thread was over 100 pages long.


Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:20 pm
Profile
The Wall
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:50 am
Posts: 16163
Location: Croatia
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Isn't Watchmen already oficially postponed?


Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:13 pm
Posts: 10470
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
be.redy wrote:
Isn't Watchmen already oficially postponed?


Nope. Warner Bros has no plans to move its release.


Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:57 pm
Profile
Begging Naked
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:07 pm
Posts: 14410
Location: The Present (Duh)
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Inglorious Basterds - August 21, 2009


Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:40 pm
Posts: 36662
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Hmm, questionable release date, putting it up against Final Destination 4.


Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:20 pm
Profile
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 13671
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Zingaling wrote:
Hmm, questionable release date, putting it up against Final Destination 4.


I think one will tend to get suburban teens and the other will get film fans, so pretty different audiences anyway.


Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:51 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 13671
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
O wrote:
If Watchmen gets delayed, Universal should immediately take that release date to open Fast and Furious. I see $65 m + opening potential for it even in April, but think March is a good place for it to be.


It will probably get like a 1.8-1.9 multiplier, but then will it be able to get over 120m+.

I do think it's possible since the 3rd didn't have much of the draw of the first two. The racing was different which I suspect had a role. Plus it might not have seemed like the same franchise with different actors.

You might be right. 65m+ would be pretty impressive. I'd like to see it.


Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:03 pm
Profile ICQ
Indiana Jones IV
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 2:23 pm
Posts: 1778
Location: Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Post Wanna see:
Bride Wars
Coraline
The Soloist
Up
Public Enemies
Inglorious Bastards
The Fantastic Mr. Fox
Sherlock Holmes
The Lovely Bones
Avatar

The Brothers Bloom hasn't come out?

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 27854
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
No, The Brothers Bloom was delayed from Dec/Jan to May. Pffft.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:55 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:54 am
Posts: 20253
Location: Melbourne Australia
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule


It should move UP a week.

But August is good as competition is weak. I guess they are trying to stay as close as possible to Cannes buzz, enjoy summer BO, yet still be close enough to year end awards season.

_________________


Frost/Nixon A
Sumdog Millionaire A
Vicky Christina Barcelona A
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button A



Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:49 am
Profile
You must have big rats
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:28 pm
Posts: 92095
Location: Bonn, Germany
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
June is so freaking empty and weak. Something's bound to break out...

The Taking of Pelham 123 could be that if marketed well. Denzel is a draw and so is Travolta in a right role. Tony Scott is known for delivering solid hits. I think this could open to $35+ million.

_________________
The greatest thing on earth is to love and to be loved in return!

Image


Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:47 pm
Posts: 19748
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14817

Paramount has bumped Case 39 starring Renée Zellweger, Bradley Cooper, Jodelle Ferland, and Ian McShane from their 2009 schedule. The film has been delayed numerous times. It was filmed way back in 2006!


Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:36 pm
Profile
Teenage Dream
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:13 pm
Posts: 10470
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
MBV3D wrote:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14817

Paramount has bumped Case 39 starring Renée Zellweger, Bradley Cooper, Jodelle Ferland, and Ian McShane from their 2009 schedule. The film has been delayed numerous times. It was filmed way back in 2006!


So I guess we can assume this movie sucks.


Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:23 pm
Profile
 

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:48 am
Posts: 6245
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
JANUARY: 50m+= Bride Wars, Valentine, Underworld. 30m+= notorius, Paul Blart, Unborn
FEBRUARY: 50m+= Coraline, He's Just not that into you, pink panther 2, Madea goes to jail, Jonas Brothers. 30m+= Push, Friday the 13th, Confessions of a shopoholic.
MARCH: 100m+= Watchmen, Monsters vs. Aliens. 50m+= I love you, man, Race to Witch Mountain, Confessions of a Shopaholic. (nothing else is noteworthy)
APRIL: 100m+= Fast and Furious, Hannah Montana. 50m+= Dragonball. (mostly a dumping ground, clearly)
MAY: 200m+= Wolverine, Star Trek, Up, Night at the Museum 2. 100m+= Bruno, Angels and Demons.
JUNE: 300m+= Transformers. 100m+= Year One (don't really know the rest, weak june.)
There's my guess for the first half of the year, estimates anyway. Looks like a decent winter/spring, much better than 2008 was. Should come out with no less than 3 blockbusters before the summer starts, 2008 produced only 1 prior to the summer blowout.

_________________
Mr. R wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
You seem to think threatening violence against people is perfectly okay because you feel offended by their words, so that's kind of telling in itself.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.


Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:41 pm
Profile
Forum General

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:53 pm
Posts: 8641
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
I see the Hannah Montana movie disappointing actually. I could see the Jonas Brothers concert movie do better. Miley Cyrus is way to overdone everywhere now, that I think people will tire of her for the movie in April. It'll still do well, but her concert movie last year will have a higher gross.


Last edited by O on Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 27854
Location: The Graveyard
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Dragonball, sub 25M.

_________________
Japan Box Office

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."


Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Orphan

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:47 pm
Posts: 19748
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Benjamin Milk wrote:
JANUARY: 50m+= Bride Wars, Valentine, Underworld. 30m+= notorius, Paul Blart, Unborn
FEBRUARY: 50m+= Coraline, He's Just not that into you, pink panther 2, Madea goes to jail, Jonas Brothers. 30m+= Push, Friday the 13th, Confessions of a shopoholic.
MARCH: 100m+= Watchmen, Monsters vs. Aliens. 50m+= I love you, man, Race to Witch Mountain, Confessions of a Shopaholic. (nothing else is noteworthy)
APRIL: 100m+= Fast and Furious, Hannah Montana. 50m+= Dragonball. (mostly a dumping ground, clearly)
MAY: 200m+= Wolverine, Star Trek, Up, Night at the Museum 2. 100m+= Bruno, Angels and Demons.
JUNE: 300m+= Transformers. 100m+= Year One (don't really know the rest, weak june.)
There's my guess for the first half of the year, estimates anyway. Looks like a decent winter/spring, much better than 2008 was. Should come out with no less than 3 blockbusters before the summer starts, 2008 produced only 1 prior to the summer blowout.


You have Shopaholic listed for Feb. and March. And Friday the 13th will easily do 30M on opening weekend alone.


Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:49 pm
Profile
Extraordinary
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:56 am
Posts: 12117
Location: Adrift in L.A.
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
There's no way Friday tops out at $30m.

_________________
This is why I'm always broke.


Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:08 pm
Profile YIM
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 13671
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
Dr. Lecter wrote:
June is so freaking empty and weak. Something's bound to break out...

The Taking of Pelham 123 could be that if marketed well. Denzel is a draw and so is Travolta in a right role. Tony Scott is known for delivering solid hits. I think this could open to $35+ million.


I'm thinking 25m. The concept might be good...but they would need to sell it just right in the trailer.


Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:19 pm
Profile ICQ
Homo Dperious
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:26 am
Posts: 13671
Location: Everywhere
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
O wrote:
I see the Hannah Montana movie disappointing actually. I could see the Jonas Brothers concert movie do better. Miley Cyrus is way to overdone everywhere now, that I think people will tire of her for the movie in April. It'll still do well, but her concert movie last year will have a higher gross.


Have ratings gone down?

IDK, is it different then franchises that get a lot of buzz? Or hey, Tom Cruise. ;)


Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:20 pm
Profile ICQ
 

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:48 am
Posts: 6245
Post Re: The New Movie Release Date Schedule
ok; off topic but I just started using this site, how do I quote a prior post like that?

Btw, oops on the shopoholic thing, I was multitasking, and I admit I ignored friday the thirteenth cause I HOPE it will bomb, even though I'm sure your right and it'll probably perform like saw V

_________________
Mr. R wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
You seem to think threatening violence against people is perfectly okay because you feel offended by their words, so that's kind of telling in itself.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.


Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7013 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 281  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.