Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Friday Numbers 
Killing With Kindness

Worst Case:

Fri: 14.254m +126%

Sat: 17.104m +20%

Sun: 12.828m -25%

Wknd: 44.186m

Best Case:

Fri: 14.254m +126%

Sat: 19.995m +40%

Sun: 15.996m -20%

Wknd: 50.245m

Im hoping for the 50m+ wknd.

Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Libs wrote:
El_Masked_esteROIDe_user wrote:
Nah I think it will struggle to 200 million. It will probably get between 185million or little more. As shown by its backloadedness, it probably wont have the wonderful holiday weekdays from late dec to Jan2 which is where most holiday movies money comes in. Its 3 hrs long and seems more suited for weekends

But people have work and school off so weekdays will function as weekends.

Most peple only have Christmas off unless they are teachers/professors/students, they only get Christmas Eve off this year because it falls on a Saturday. Sure mnay people take vacation time, but lots of people have to work the day after and before holidays.

Yup exactly. Im probably going to up my Kong prediction to 220 million. I just saw the movie today and although I have been making fun of Kong and I came to the theater with low expectation. Surprisingly, I really enjoyed the movie, even moreso than Batman Begins. Hopefully it will have low drops next week. There was a concern though how numbers will pan out today since at the Krkorian where Im at a few showings of Kong were cancelled. However, there were quite alot of people clapping at the end so the legs may end up being better than Batman Begins. What worked for me about Kong is how it plays that tragic element of the movie at the final scene. I guess it was like watching ET except he dies at the end

Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:38 pm
Extraordinary

Actually that's not necessarily the case. Since both Christmas Eve and Christmas fall on weekend, my company (WindRiver) has both Friday before and Monday after off to compensate the fact. And since the same case apply to New Year Eve and New Year, we will have next week's Thursday and Friday off as well. So in essence, we only need to work for 2 days next week (Tuesday and Wednesday), and a lot of us are basically just taking the whole week off since two vacation days give you a 10-day break. The policy applies to a lot of other companies as well.

Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

I don't get why people are saying Kong will drop next Saturday?!?!?

No time in history has a movie dropped on the Saturday which Christmas Eve fell...

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:34 am
Indiana Jones IV

No time in history has a movie dropped on the Saturday which Christmas Eve fell...

Are you sure? If you have some daily figures from the last Dec 24th Saturday I'd be interested in seeing them btw... ;)

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:37 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

ChipMunky wrote:

Are you sure? If you have some daily figures from the last Dec 24th Saturday I'd be interested in seeing them btw... ;)

It's not dailies... but If I had a premier pass to BOM I'm sure I could get them... maybe...

1994 Christmas Weekend

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:41 am
College Boy Z

Amos wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:

It's not dailies... but If I had a premier pass to BOM I'm sure I could get them... maybe...

1994 Christmas Weekend

BOM's daily information only goes back until 2002.

It's not available, so we'll have to go off the assumtion that Christmas Eve acts like any other year, even if it does fall on a Saturday.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:47 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

ChipMunky wrote:
Amos wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:

1994 Christmas Weekend

BOM's daily information only goes back until 2002.

It's not available, so we'll have to go off the assumtion that Christmas Eve acts like any other year, even if it does fall on a Saturday.

When you assume you only make an ass out of u and me

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:51 am
Veteran

I don't know what's more underwhelming, Narnia or Kong's Friday $$

I was blind, but now I see.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:07 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Well, suddenly I feel like buying a beer for MAV, BKB, Rawsaw and myself. Finally, the loonies are crying in their King Kong underoos and are praying to the gods that Kong somehow makes more than 150 mill. It doesn't matter that the Christmas weekend is coming up. There is lots of competition this weekend with Jim Carrey about to launch his film on the box office. Kong is an unmitigated disappointment. Deal with it.

Dign Dong the loonies are dead...the wicked loonies are dead!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I love CORONA.. Would you consider CORONA with Lime??? And while were at it, CORONA wouldn't be the same without a shot of Sammy Hagar's CABO WABO Tequilla.. :towel:

Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

That is the most senseless saying I have ever heard. This site is founded on assumptions...

Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:25 am
The Greatest Avenger EVER

ChipMunky wrote:

That is the most senseless saying I have ever heard. This site is founded on assumptions...

Yeah, I'd say this site has the tendency to make asses out of one another on more than one occasion.. :lol:

Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

Amos wrote:
ChipMunky wrote:

1994 Christmas Weekend

Those weekend increases and decreases are comparing a 3 day weekend to a 4 day weekend. Since Monday was likely even higher then Friday Sat or Sun, I think we can say that the 3 day weekend will show normal drops at the very least. In fact they are probably abover normal for the week. Saturday drops will be a fact for all films. The 24th is always like that.

Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:44 am
Profile ICQ
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Actually that's not necessarily the case. Since both Christmas Eve and Christmas fall on weekend, my company (WindRiver) has both Friday before and Monday after off to compensate the fact. And since the same case apply to New Year Eve and New Year, we will have next week's Thursday and Friday off as well. So in essence, we only need to work for 2 days next week (Tuesday and Wednesday), and a lot of us are basically just taking the whole week off since two vacation days give you a 10-day break. The policy applies to a lot of other companies as well.

With Xmas eve on Saturday and Xmas on Sunday, I think you will see most companies just getting Monday off. Same logic goes for New Year the following week.

Also Friday and Saturday could be big shopping days if people are late???

Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10