Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Kong Thursday $6.2M 
Commander and Chef

bABA wrote:
El_Masked_esteROIDe_user wrote:
bABA wrote:
shrek 2.

i will continue to claim that till sunday estimates come out and i'm proven wrong.

PLAN B

still Plan A

Plan A was already over since it didnt fit the theory that a highly publicized movie will have a record breaking opening day despite all the obstacles surrounding it (running time, not so established cast director, work,school)

and if you notice, i've been bitching about kong's entire marketing since June. So really, whereas others can be on plan B, i'm still on plan A. i had forseen it.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

It will make between 65-73million in the 3-day. Somehow.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

No.. The word "Somehow"' can best be translated as "When Hell Freezes Over".. :tongue:

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

jb007 wrote:
bABA and baumer seem to be at their "Deep Thinking" best this morning. ;)

there is snow all over the place. its white, cold, my feet are wet and its depressing.

There is snow everywhere, I'm warm, I have a coffee in my hand and I am loving the weather. I'll bet Baba never knew I would think that.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

hans wrote:

No.. The word "Somehow"' can best be translated as "When Hell Freezes Over".. :tongue:

Now, that is the spirit, BKB. ;)

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Waitress in LA

Am I allowed to weigh in, as a newbie here and say "NOT Shrek 2!"

If so, thanks. If not, then please ignore this post.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

Am I allowed to weigh in, as a newbie here and say "NOT Shrek 2!"

If so, thanks. If not, then please ignore this post.

sure you can.

but we'll wait till this weekend to figure this out.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

The next excuse on why Kong didnt make more than 55 million this weekend would be

A)People are too busy doing their X-mas shopping

B)Its still too damn cold out there

C)People are still camping for their X-box 360 outside hoping for that last hope that it finally be in stock

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:53 pm
Commander and Chef

The next excuse on why Kong didnt make more than 55 million this weekend would be

A)People are too busy doing their X-mas shopping

B)Its still too damn cold out there

C)People are still camping for their X-box 360 outside hoping for that last hope that it finally be in stock

all thos factors applied last year, the year before and the year before that. those aren't excuses.

360 argument does not count as there are no 360s around unless most of the american population has flown to japan.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

Naomi Watts should have been naked and so should have Kong.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

You know I wish their was a bet going on Baba that if Kong doesnt pull a Shrek 2. You would have to paste your face in that santa tramp avatar of yours

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:58 pm
Mod Team Leader

I've served Baba twice when he has come to my restaurant in Toronto..believe me, he would look cute in a Santa whore outfit. :hahaha:

Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

hans wrote:

We're almost there,

Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

I know it's too much to ask, but could we wait for the Kong obits until at least the Friday estimates? We really have no idea exactly how movies that open on a Wednesday in Mid Dec track or trend. There are three movies that did it before Kong and they all made over $300m and had great legs. Does that mean Kong will do the same thing? No, but just because it didn't open the way the LOTR movies did doesn't mean it can't make a shitload of money in a different way. If Shrek2, BB, Titanic and others have showed us anything, its that there is more than one way to make a shitload of money. Every blockbuster doesn't have to perform the exact same way and there are always exceptions. If these boards were around when Titanic opened, I am sure that there would have been a fair amount of posters claiming it was huge bomb because it only opened in the upper 20s, and Baumer and BKB would have lectured us on how Juraissic Park were safe let alone Star Wars. I mean I dumped Kong on HSX on wed. morn. when it got to $229, because I just could not figure how it could make the kind of money over the weekend to justify the price, so I think I am realistic about Kong's b.o. prospects and potential. I think the figures so far have been the epitome of a glass half full/half empty scenerio.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
The Original

Wait just wait.....Kong will rise..Narnia will fall. You only lack the light to see the way.

Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:08 pm