Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Thread Where I Predict KONG To Be Heavily Frontloaded.. 
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post The Thread Where I Predict KONG To Be Heavily Frontloaded..
Place your bets on Peter Jackson's KING KONG and how big it will drop in it's 2nd weekend.. It's obvious it will be #1 for it's opening weekend, but based on seeing this already and the fact that this is NOT LOTR, This movie really is worth catching once on the big screen with no replay value.. I wouldn't see it again until the DVD Release and I think many moviegoers will follow in this step and will drop considerably in it's 2nd weekend.. I'm saying a -55% drop in weekend #2.. Let's play.. :-k

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:26 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

It will drop around 45-50% in its second weekend, I'd say.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:27 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

BKB, do you just copy/paste one post into every thread? I can't believe how many times I've heard you say "HEAVILY FRONTLOADED" in the past 20 or 30 minutes. It's unbelievable.

Anyways, I think it'll drop around 45%, considering the Return of the King dropped 30% in its second weekend.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:31 am
You must have big rats

BKB, do you just copy/paste one post into every thread? I can't believe how many times I've heard you say "HEAVILY FRONTLOADED" in the past 20 or 30 minutes. It's unbelievable.

Anyways, I think it'll drop around 45%, considering the Return of the King dropped 30% in its second weekend.

Different weekend's Zing, no? I might be wrong, but isn't the weekend on which all movies rise the last weekend of December? Which is what ROTK's 2nd weekend was. King Kong 2nd weekend will be the second-to-last in December, a weekend on which movies won't be all rising. And it'll have Fun with Dick and Jane, Munich, Rumor Has It, Cheaper by the Dozen 2, Hoodwinked, The Ringer and the expanded Memoirs of a Geisha to fight off.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

It doesnt need repeat viewings to have good holds, do you think thats how movies have good drops week to week? The same people go see the same movie every week? No.

Last edited by Joker's Thug #3 on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:36 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

It'll drop NO MORE than 43%

Count on it :)

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:37 am
Kypade

Hm, I agree, about 50%. 200m OW, 100m Second wkd.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:39 am
The French Dutch Boy

Hm, I agree, about 50%. 200m OW, 100m Second wkd.

:lol: :biggrin:

PEACE, Mike.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:40 am
You must have big rats

Christmas Weekend?!?!?

Saturday will fall on December 24th, though...

Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:40 am
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

I dont know about repeat viewings since the whole damn movie is 3 hrs long. Its different with the LOTR movies because there is something happening every minute so people didnt mind watching it for 3 hrs. However I dont know if people would go see King Kong again since I heard King Kong doesnt make an appearance until more than an hour into the movie. Thats what I heard from Ebert & Roeper's review

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:00 am
You must have big rats

I dont know about repeat viewings since the whole damn movie is 3 hrs long. Its different with the LOTR movies because there is something happening every minute so people didnt mind watching it for 3 hrs. However I dont know if people would go see King Kong again since I heard King Kong doesnt make an appearance until more than an hour into the movie. Thats what I heard from Ebert & Roeper's review

Yeah, I read Kong appears around the 70-minutes mark.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

With 96% approval ratings, and Christmas weekend? I doubt its going to drop much at all.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:09 am
The French Dutch Boy

I think the whole question has been whether King Kong can sort of act like Titanic did. No, not in the box office sense, that's not what I mean, but in the sense that Titanic didn't have "something happening every minute" like Lord of the Rings, but it did so well because audiences LOVED the story. If King Kong can also make audiences fall in love with it's story, then 3 hours should be just fine, as 3 hours was just fine for Titanic, hehe.

PEACE, Mike.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:10 am
You must have big rats

Titanic is in a league of its own and not only box-office-wise. It's rare to find a movie that is actually so flawed as Titanic and yet so impossible not to love (it's in my all-time Top 50).

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:11 am
Profile WWW
The French Dutch Boy

Titanic is in a league of its own and not only box-office-wise. It's rare to find a movie that is actually so flawed as Titanic and yet so impossible not to love (it's in my all-time Top 50).

Hehe, it's my number one film of all time, so... heh. :sweat:

PEACE, Mike.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:14 am
Orphan

The thing about 'Titanic' is that for all its cliched elements, it is one lovely, stunningly beautiful, and heartfelt film; one of the best ever created. The craftsmanship that went into it is simply astounding. James Cameron is a genius in a way Peter Jackson can only hope he becomes one day (He's not there yet as the LOTR films aren't nearly as affecting as the box office behemoth that was 'Titanic').

Last edited by Harry Warden on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:15 am
Indiana Jones IV

Ok, ok, I can't resist. I think you're way off, BKB, and I predict a drop below 30%, perhaps even below 25%.

3- Lone Survivor 8.5/10
4- Captain America 8.0/10
5- 300: 8.0/10

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:15 am
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

El_Masked_esteROIDe_user wrote:

I think the whole question has been whether King Kong can sort of act like Titanic did. No, not in the box office sense, that's not what I mean, but in the sense that Titanic didn't have "something happening every minute" like Lord of the Rings, but it did so well because audiences LOVED the story. If King Kong can also make audiences fall in love with it's story, then 3 hours should be just fine, as 3 hours was just fine for Titanic, hehe.

PEACE, Mike.

The thing is King Kong is basically advertised almost like a summer popcorn movie like the Pirates of the Carrabean. The tv commercials even have the guy with the deep voice quoting critics approval. With Titanic they seemed to advertise it more of a romantic movie until tragedy strikes. I think there might be a good portion of people pulled into seeing King Kong thinking its like a rollercoaster adventure flick like Indiana Jones and get bored out by the first hour if what Ebert said is true about King Kong not appearing until 1hr15mins into it

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:19 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

The last time that Christmas Eve was on a SATURDAY was WAY back in 1994... and NO film dropped more than like 35%

Most increased or dropped leff than 20%

:sweat:

But then again... no film came out that could compare to King Kong

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:20 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

MikeQ. wrote:
El_Masked_esteROIDe_user wrote:

PEACE, Mike.

The thing is King Kong is basically advertised almost like a summer popcorn movie like the Pirates of the Carrabean. The tv commercials even have the guy with the deep voice quoting critics approval. With Titanic they seemed to advertise it more of a romantic movie until tragedy strikes. I think there might be a good portion of people pulled into seeing King Kong thinking its like a rollercoaster adventure flick like Indiana Jones and get bored out by the first hour if what Ebert said is true about King Kong not appearing until 1hr15mins into it

Actually for the past week or two they've been advertising it as a love story...

Biotch :tongue:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:21 am
Indiana Jones IV

Another thing about Kong is that Kong himself is shown completely in the marketing. There's no suspense as to what he looks like. I think if Universal hadnt done this, THEN it would hurt the film not to show Kong before the 70th minute.

3- Lone Survivor 8.5/10

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

The thing about 'Titanic' is that for all its cliched elements, it is one lovely, stunningly beautiful, and heartfelt film; one of the best ever created. The craftsmanship that went into it is simply astounding. James Cameron is a genius in a way Peter Jackson can only hope he becomes one day (He's not there yet as the LOTR films aren't nearly as affecting as the box office behemoth that was 'Titanic').

:wacko:

Uh...you did see LOTR right? Titanic was great technically but it was pure schmaltz and not very affecting at all

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:29 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

Another thing about Kong is that Kong himself is shown completely in the marketing. There's no suspense as to what he looks like. I think if Universal hadnt done this, THEN it would hurt the film not to show Kong before the 70th minute.

It would actually have been pretty sweet if Universal had kept him under wraps. Imagine the element of surprise that would still exist.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:29 am
Orphan

Joe wrote:

Uh...you did see LOTR right? Titanic was great technically but it was pure schmaltz and not very affecting at all

Ever heard of opinion? ;) It is the highest grossing film of all time for a reason and James Cameron is a genius, there's no disputing that. Just look at the Terminator films and basically anything he's done.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:31 am
Indiana Jones IV

Joe wrote:

Well I found Titanic to be pretty emotional when I was a teen, but when I watch it today, I simply can't go over the clichés and all the silly writing technics.

3- Lone Survivor 8.5/10

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:32 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next