Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Males under 25 not going to movies anymore? 
i break the rules, so i don't care

Magnus, your scaring me.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:52 am
Extraordinary

Haha! But it said they were still being good little consumers and getting videogames and dvd's. The net financial gain for movies probably hasn't dropped as much as we think it has, its just been redistributed in terms of home consumption. Doesn't matter what you do, more and more people are won't leave their house. Now that home systems are practically as good as theatres, unless distributers made audiances wait much longer for dvd releases, that's where the future of movies are, hence the heavy battles over internet downloading, etc. I dunno, I think if a theatre was smart it would actually drop film prices and create more social atmosphere around film going (as an alternative to home viewing). That's what will "save" box office. Not more and heavier marketing. We'fre so bombarded with it we've become desensitized anyways. Better movies wouldn't hurt either. :tongue:

Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:02 am
Draughty

Not enough boobs and explosions for the average guy.

Last edited by A. G. on Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:20 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Not enough boobs and explosions.

Not enough dicks and philosophical musings.

...for me anyway.

I agree with dolce's suggestions.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:05 pm
Angels & Demons

I think if a theatre was smart it would actually drop film prices and create more social atmosphere around film going (as an alternative to home viewing). That's what will "save" box office. Not more and heavier marketing. We'fre so bombarded with it we've become desensitized anyways. Better movies wouldn't hurt either. :tongue:

One theater here is Grand Rapids, MI offers a discount on Sunday and Tuesday nights. You can see a certain movie usually 3-4 weeks old for $3. It is nearly always sold out on Sunday. I think it creates a movie going mood in people again.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

dolcevita wrote:
I think if a theatre was smart it would actually drop film prices and create more social atmosphere around film going (as an alternative to home viewing). That's what will "save" box office. Not more and heavier marketing. We'fre so bombarded with it we've become desensitized anyways. Better movies wouldn't hurt either. :tongue:

One theater here is Grand Rapids, MI offers a discount on Sunday and Tuesday nights. You can see a certain movie usually 3-4 weeks old for $3. It is nearly always sold out on Sunday. I think it creates a movie going mood in people again.

Whoa, which theater is that? I live in GRap, but I've never heard of this deal.

Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]