Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Flightplan Predictions 
College Boy Z

After the fantastic drop this weekend, a total of $85 million looks likely. Great legs for a movie that was expected to have horrible WOM.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:03 pm
Sbil

I think the newfound legginess of Flightplan officially cements Jodie Foster as a new go-to for "strong woman" thrillers in Hollywood, as evidenced by the solid runs of this and Panic Room. Double Jeopardy, which grossed over $120M in September 1999, was also originally supposed to star her before she dropped out (pregnancy) and was replaced by Ashley Judd.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:10 pm
Veteran

A lot of adults (myself included) love Jodie Foster. It is no surprsie that her movies do well. The fact that she always seems to chose interesting plots are a plus too.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

I think the newfound legginess of Flightplan officially cements Jodie Foster as a new go-to for "strong woman" thrillers in Hollywood, as evidenced by the solid runs of this and Panic Room. Double Jeopardy, which grossed over $120M in September 1999, was also originally supposed to star her before she dropped out (pregnancy) and was replaced by Ashley Judd.

Hasn't Jodie Foster always been the alpha femme for thrillers?

It's the one, and only genre where one single female lead can actually carry an entire movie to box office success. Probobly because guys can't act afraid or they are wimps; and we don't like our male heros wimpy - that implies that they could be gay! *shock horror* So why not have a bouncy woman with many male qualities but the ability to go all do-eyed bambi when a ghost pops out instead. That way guys don't feel threatened or demasculated, and the sexist balance of Hollywood returns to its norm.

Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4