Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mondays numbers. 
Extraordinary

People look into International figures way too much, studios I dont even think get half of the profit movies make internationally.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:28 pm
Extraordinary

That's a hell of a group, considering it's going to top WOTW by $130 million domestically.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:28 pm
now we know

Well, those Star Wars nutcases go all the time dont they. When there not in a cinema watching a a Star Wars movie, there either at a Star Wars convention or waiting in line for the next one that just started shooting. Its pathetic.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

There's that, and the fact it's a better movie.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:32 pm
je vois l'avenir

Great drop for Wedding Crasher I think that the drop this weekend will be about 22-27%

----Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Le Petit Prince)

A Lonely Person is at Home Everywhere.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:36 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

People look into International figures way too much, studios I dont even think get half of the profit movies make internationally.

Exactly I dont want to sound too much like BKB here but the money that studios pocket overseas is only 30% I heard while the other theaters take in the rest of it.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:44 pm
Extraordinary

[-X

WOTW is the better film.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

The Dark Shape wrote:

[-X

WOTW is the better film.

Not according to film reviewers, IMDb, Yahoo, E! Online, or any other rating system, critics or otherwise :)

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:04 pm
Extraordinary

neo_wolf wrote:
The Dark Shape wrote:

[-X

WOTW is the better film.

Not according to film reviewers, IMDb, Yahoo, E! Online, or any other rating system, critics or otherwise :)

According to me its the much better film,and thats what matters to me.
:D

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

No! My opinion matters! Of course, I thought it'd top out under $200 million. So what do I know?

*skulks away*

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:19 pm
Extraordinary

No! My opinion matters! Of course, I thought it'd top out under $200 million. So what do I know?

*skulks away*

I thought it would make 450mill and ROTS close to 500mill.
:oops:

Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

*skulks away*

Yeah? At least you weren't dumb enough to place a bet on that number.
You have to see the silver lining on the storm cloud on occassion....

Last edited by dolcevita on Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:22 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Thw worldwide figures will tell a different story.

Star Wars, call that a monster? hahahahahaha It was a film that made its money because of a group of wankers see it 2,000 times in theatres.

You really know how to make friends considering all people in the history of all things ever have seen Episode III.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Snrub wrote:
Charlie crosses $150 million. Awesome. Awesome to the max. $200 million has to be a lock at this point.

In other news, I'll finally be seeing the sure-to-be-bestest-thing-ever Charlie and the Chocolate factory tomorrow afternoon. It's been a tough two and a half weeks, but the wait's almost over and I'm in a perpetual state of arousal just thinking about it.

Whether the film turns out to be good or bad, one thing's for certain, loyal's a dead man...

<<adds Snrub to list of potential assassins>>

1. Gary Lucy
2. Aaron Spelling
3. Kofi Annan
4. Penn
5. Teller
6. Snrub

Im so hoping you dont mean the British actor.

And Killuminati510 ; studios dont get half of the box office gross from DOMESTIC films; usually they bank between 45%-60% of its theatrical gross.
Offshores is no different - except sometimes studios just "sell" the rights to a picture if they think they can profit from the rights more as handling a picture is an additional expense.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

loyalfromlondon wrote:
Snrub wrote:
Charlie crosses $150 million. Awesome. Awesome to the max. $200 million has to be a lock at this point.

In other news, I'll finally be seeing the sure-to-be-bestest-thing-ever Charlie and the Chocolate factory tomorrow afternoon. It's been a tough two and a half weeks, but the wait's almost over and I'm in a perpetual state of arousal just thinking about it.

Whether the film turns out to be good or bad, one thing's for certain, loyal's a dead man...

1. Gary Lucy
2. Aaron Spelling
3. Kofi Annan
4. Penn
5. Teller
6. Snrub

And Killuminati510 ; studios dont get half of the box office gross from DOMESTIC films; usually they bank between 45%-60% of its theatrical gross.
Offshores is no different - except sometimes studios just "sell" the rights to a picture if they think they can profit from the rights more as handling a picture is an additional expense.

Usually the studios get around 55% and as far as my math goes, that's more than a half :D

Studios, however, do get less from the overseas distribution, but still more than 30%, I believe. More like 35-40%. Or they sell rights, like Michael has said.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:06 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

First 3weeks domestic the studios get around 80% of the gross, in 3 weeks a movie makes most of it's gross already, except if it's a movie with huge legs like WC, after 3 weeks it drops more and more. So yeah maybe a studio gets around 50% of the total gross WORLDWIDE because internationally studios only take in around 30%.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:18 pm
loyalfromlondon wrote:
Snrub wrote:

1. Gary Lucy
2. Aaron Spelling
3. Kofi Annan
4. Penn
5. Teller
6. Snrub

Most of that cast wants me dead.

Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:32 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Post Re: Mondays numbers.
neo_wolf wrote:
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

1.Wedding Crashers:3.325
2.Charlie and the chocolate factory:2.832
3.Sky High:2.222
4.Stealth:1.613
5.Must love dogs:1.541
6.The Island:.974
7.Fantastic 4:.937
8.Bad news bears:.937
9.War of the worlds:.731
10.March of the penguins:.629

I wonder if Wedding Crashers will become another FOCKERS type of movie with amazing legs to propel it past 200 Million?? :-k And looks like BATMAN will have to do everything it can, along with WB to push this movie past 200 Million to since it's crawling to the finish line...

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:42 am
Profile WWW

Killuminati510 wrote:

Exactly I dont want to sound too much like BKB here but the money that studios pocket overseas is only 30% I heard while the other theaters take in the rest of it.

You just did and the fact is, is what I've been saying all along in that WORLDWIDE isn't the measure for a films success but DOMESTICALLY is what matters the most.. Folks only concentrate on WORLDWIDE on the internet to make it look like the movie's made more than what it really has and is nothing more than a way of turning a movie that's a potential bomb into a success by throwing WORLDWIDE into it..

Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:45 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

BKB_The_Man wrote:
neo_wolf wrote:

I wonder if Wedding Crashers will become another FOCKERS type of movie with amazing legs to propel it past 200 Million?? :-k And looks like BATMAN will have to do everything it can, along with WB to push this movie past 200 Million to since it's crawling to the finish line...

It won't need a push to pass $200 million. By Thursday, it'll stand at $197 million at least. Now let's say it'll drop 50% next weekend (but notice, BKB, it has NEVER dropped 50% in its run so far. Not a single time!). But let's assume it does. So if it does, it'll still stand at a bit over $198 million when the weekend's over. The weekdays next week, will give it another $0.8 million at least, putting it at $198.8 million by next Thursday. Let's say it drops another 50%, so it'll stand at $199.5 million (at the very least) when the weekend's over and it'll be still making over $0.5 million a weekend.

That's the worst case scenario and even that has Batman passing $200 million within the next 2-3 weeks. So how exactly is that "pushing"?

Also, BKB, now that you think back, you were quite wrong afterall, weren't you? You said it'd barely make $180 million and that when it already was at over $130 million and you ruled out $200 million. Now it's on track to $205 million, maybe more. Fantastic Four didn't "destroy" it. In fact, F4 will end up with around $50 million less than Batman. What would you say about that?

Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:52 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Here we go with the old "Does International Box Office Really Matter?" debate. I find it hard to believe that anyone could think it didn't. Well I suppose it has to do with the type of movie, but clearly (in my own mind anyway) there are movies that aren't going to do well in the US but make plenty of money overseas. Do you think they're gonna stop making epics because movies like KOH and King Arthur made around $50 mil here but over $200 mil WW?

Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Here we go with the old "Does International Box Office Really Matter?" debate. I find it hard to believe that anyone could think it didn't.

Ignorants...

Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:48 am

Dr. Lecter wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
neo_wolf wrote:

It won't need a push to pass $200 million. By Thursday, it'll stand at $197 million at least. Now let's say it'll drop 50% next weekend (but notice, BKB, it has NEVER dropped 50% in its run so far. Not a single time!). But let's assume it does. So if it does, it'll still stand at a bit over $198 million when the weekend's over. The weekdays next week, will give it another $0.8 million at least, putting it at $198.8 million by next Thursday. Let's say it drops another 50%, so it'll stand at $199.5 million (at the very least) when the weekend's over and it'll be still making over $0.5 million a weekend.

That's the worst case scenario and even that has Batman passing $200 million within the next 2-3 weeks. So how exactly is that "pushing"?

Also, BKB, now that you think back, you were quite wrong afterall, weren't you? You said it'd barely make $180 million and that when it already was at over $130 million and you ruled out $200 million. Now it's on track to $205 million, maybe more. Fantastic Four didn't "destroy" it. In fact, F4 will end up with around $50 million less than Batman. What would you say about that?

Yeah, I did say that and I'm surprised it reached the number it has at this point because it definitely wasn't worth anymore than 2 viewings at best and 1 was pushing it enough as it stands and it's also obvious from various members here who haven't seen it more than once because it's slow and does border on becoming tedious in the 1st act and not worth sitting through again.. However, saying this will make more than 205 Million like your implying is insane.. It's barely gonna pass 200 Million as it stands and not do so that quickly.. I see WB Execs taking up a Collection to push it past that otherwise the media will call it underwhelming if it doesn't pass 200 Million and there not gonna have that..

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
neo_wolf wrote:

Yeah, I did say that and I'm surprised it reached the number it has at this point because it definitely wasn't worth anymore than 2 viewings at best and 1 was pushing it enough as it stands and it's also obvious from various members here who haven't seen it more than once because it's slow and does border on becoming tedious in the 1st act and not worth sitting through again.. However, saying this will make more than 205 Million like your implying is insane.. It's barely gonna pass 200 Million as it stands and not do so that quickly.. I see WB Execs taking up a Collection to push it past that otherwise the media will call it underwhelming if it doesn't pass 200 Million and there not gonna have that..

BKB, even if it starts dropping 50% every weekend from now on without any extra push whatsoever, it will pass $200 million, don't you realize it?

It stands at $196.5 million. It made $2.4 million last weekend. It needs $3.5 million to pass $200 milllion. How on earth could it not make it?

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

Dr. Lecter wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
neo_wolf wrote:

BKB, even if it starts dropping 50% every weekend from now on without any extra push whatsoever, it will pass $200 million, don't you realize it?

It stands at $196.5 million. It made $2.4 million last weekend. It needs $3.5 million to pass $200 milllion. How on earth could it not make it?

I never said it wouldn't make it, but it will barely squeek by in doing so, meaning once this hits 200 Million even barely doing so and it's over.. You can only squeeze so much blood out of a turnip..

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2