Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Friday Numbers (BOM Numbers are up) 
Veteran

Wedding Crashers needs only about a 5.25 multiplier from here on out to reach 200M, considering its drops so far, it has a great chance!

Also, I took a look through last weekend's prediction thread, and I couldn't find a single prediction above 20 for it until Casey's on Thursday! And that was for its SECOND weekend, not to mention that many predictions for its opening were below what it will gross this weekend! Incredible.

After WC's first weekend
mdana wrote:
I totally overestimated Sunday's drops, BB, WOTW, and FF did much better than the estimates when I thought they were already too high. Fantastic for every film, really good weekend all around. WC is just on fire, anyone think it can top $100m by its 3rd weekend, say $24m next weekend and $18m the weekend after that and another $30m during the week days. Really seems likely after the Sat. and Sun. numbers which are just unheard of anymore for a major comedy opening.

Last weekend's predictions
mdana wrote:
WC-$24m
$24m may be too high but I think it will pull it off.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
MISSING IN ACTION

Its about time that we had the break out hit of the summer. I was fearing we weren't gonna have a break out hit, and everything that was suppose to be big was big, and everything that was suppose to be small was small.

The WEdding Crashers is a breast of fresh air in this summer movie enviroment.:wink:

...burn, die, and go to hell bizznitch.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

The only good thing about the openers for the last 2 weeks is the box office puns they're generating.

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Amazing for Wedding Crashers! =D> Terrible numbers for Stealth and The Island (which I'm not surprised by- to many people I know, they both looked very lame). Nice drops for WOTW and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Any idea on how March of the Penguins did? Guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm assuming it did well (I'm betting it will next weekend with the huge expansion). Yeah! \:D/

Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:32 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I would encourage those who are calling Stealth and Island "dissapointments" to actually just substitute that word with "superbombs" as thats exactly what both of these films are.

Who knew there would be a day where i film was opening at 3,500 theaters and will be lucky to pull in $15m with an oscar winner at the helm.
I remember last year when people were whining that films making $50, 60, 70m were "dissapointments"

Well the defininition of "dissapointment" in 2005 seems to be films of even BIGGER budgets than last year making $20, 30, 40m...

Superbomb is right.. It merely boils down to the fact that the general audience just thinks both The Island and Stealth Suck.. No excuses from either studio responsible for both these turds.. On a positive note, Wedding Crashers is doing awesome.. My buddy and his wife saw it Friday night and said it was really funny.. Wouldn't it be something if this movie ended up challenging FOCKERS for the box office title or will WC peeter out to around 200 Million?? I still can't get over how much $$$ FOCKERS made Domestically?? That was a freak mishap or the movie really was that funny?? :-k

Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Archie Gates wrote:
The problem for the Island and Stealth is they had no insurance. They had no big stars or popular source material to justify the big budgets.

Hmm, I do consider Michael Bay an insurance himself. Just look at his track record.

His track record? You mean Armageddon which had Bruce Willis as insurance, The Rock which had Connery/Cage and Bad Boys 1 and 2 which had Will Smith and Martin Lawrence? His hits had stars to them out.

It's not like Will Smith was a huge star when the fuirst Bad Boys movie came out.

It's also not like Bruce Willis is a huge box-office draw (Tears of the Sun, Hart's War, Hostage...all in recent years). I'd call him anything, but a box-office insurance.

Pearl Harbor didn't have many stars to it either.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

The Island all it needed was some decent advertising/marketing, it didn't get it, and it failed. There weren't really any tv ads, I knew about the movie from internet reviews and a few posters and such, nothing about the movie really. A bad straw for Bay.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:43 am
Pure Phase

It merely boils down to the fact that the general audience just thinks both The Island and Stealth Suck

More like general audiences thought they looked to suck and didn't go.

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:20 am
now we know

The Island is getting FUCK LOADS of tv spots over here in the UK. Maybe they learnt from theyre mistakes....fast.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:07 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

The Island is getting FUCK LOADS of tv spots over here in the UK. Maybe they learnt from theyre mistakes....fast.

So is Stealth.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:09 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Algren wrote:

So is Stealth.

Yeh. So did xXx 2 when it was released.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5