Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Yet another of Michael Medved's jihad-pieces on Hollywood 
All Star Poster

ill never leave the party

Why not? They've certainly left you. Not only were they already opposite of you on social issues, they have now become the opposite of what you advocate fiscally as well. Bush has created more govt in five years than any other president. He oversaw the creation of the largest new govt program since FDR. He created a huge new Medicare program. The largest deficit in history. Unprecedented foreign aid, not to mention nation building.

I'm not suggesting you join the Dems, but you have at least as much in common with them as you do Reps, and at least the Dems aren't trying to take away the rights of gays or impose their religious beliefs on everyone else.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Why not? They've certainly left you. Not only were they already opposite of you on social issues, they have now become the opposite of what you advocate fiscally as well. Bush has created more govt in five years than any other president. He oversaw the creation of the largest new govt program since FDR. He created a huge new Medicare program. The largest deficit in history. Unprecedented foreign aid, not to mention nation building.

well i look at it this way.

i plan on running for office... i have been for a long time.

rather than becoming an independent (which i would if i wasnt looking for public office), id rather be a great watchdog for my party.

the way my opinions lie i feel that im right down the middle, exactly mainstream. im not a militant for abortion nor am i a militant for gun control.

id rather be a republican than a democrat because of the history behind the parties and the fact that most democratic politicians are either pussies (which they are, theres no disputing that) or just plan old stubborn fools (was it really that hard to beat g.w. bush? no it wasnt.)

the republicans at least have some members of their party who are respectable... i can only think of 1 maybe 2 really great democratic politicians.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

You cant be a christian and be pro abortion at the same time just like you cant be a christian and be pro war at the same time also.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

You cant be a christian and be pro abortion at the same time just like you cant be a christian and be pro war at the same time also.

heh

its not a true christian's right to judge those for their opinions either is it?

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Quote:

heh

its not a true christian's right to judge those for their opinions either is it?

Im not judging,im stating the truth,im not condeming anyone.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

i dont recall the bible stating that anyone who is pro-choice is not a christian

youre making claims that are so false, its mind-boggling.

those comments basically call out 50% at least of christians who are pro-choice and you judge them as non-believers.

i thought jesus loved everyone, no matter what they believed in or who they were.

maybe you should start reading up on your religion and finding out the "truths" behind it before you start judging people for what they believe in.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Quote:

i dont recall the bible stating that anyone who is pro-choice is not a christian

youre making claims that are so false, its mind-boggling.

those comments basically call out 50% at least of christians who are pro-choice and you judge them as non-believers.

i thought jesus loved everyone, no matter what they believed in or who they were.

maybe you should start reading up on your religion and finding out the "truths" behind it before you start judging people for what they believe in.

You should start reading the bible,the word of god is not as happily loving as you seem to think it is,it is harsh,jesus himself while loving everyone was also harsh sometimes.Remember here he got pissed off and turned the tables when he saw what people were doing in the temple grounds? You dont think jesus would do the same in an abortion clinic?

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

The Bible never mentions abortion. So the Bible is neutral at best on the issue.

It does, however, mention war and killing quite a bit and God himself was not above the occassional genocide, by action and by command. So the Bible, like most of us, understands that war is acceptible when necessary.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

You should start reading the bible,the word of god is not as happily loving as you seem to think it is,it is harsh,jesus himself while loving everyone was also harsh sometimes.Remember here he got pissed off and turned the tables when he saw what people were doing in the temple grounds? You dont think jesus would do the same in an abortion clinic?

i should start reading the bible?
haha... thats funny.

neo_wolf, i used to be a christian. i used to be until people like you perverted the religion.

dont make claims you cannot back up... you dont know what jesus would do in an abortion clinic.

did jesus come out and say, "be an eric rudolph and kill everyone who works in an abortion clinic."

the bible is merely a book. its no more than that. if its the word of god, prove it to me. until then, i cant believe it.

its a story passed down through two thousand years where every detail has been changed and glossed over. its an advice manual. you shouldnt take it so seriously.

the fact is that your comments rival the despicable.

you should start practicing what you preach and love everyone for who they are, not what they do or do not believe in.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:18 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Quote:

i should start reading the bible?
haha... thats funny.

neo_wolf, i used to be a christian. i used to be until people like you perverted the religion.

dont make claims you cannot back up... you dont know what jesus would do in an abortion clinic.

did jesus come out and say, "be an eric rudolph and kill everyone who works in an abortion clinic."

the bible is merely a book. its no more than that. if its the word of god, prove it to me. until then, i cant believe it.

its a story passed down through two thousand years where every detail has been changed and glossed over. its an advice manual. you shouldnt take it so seriously.

the fact is that your comments rival the despicable.

you should start practicing what you preach and love everyone for who they are, not what they do or do not believe in.

Love the sinner,Hate the sin.
Thats exactly what i do.I dont know how my comments rival the despicable,i havent said people who are pro abortion or are not christian will go to hell or anything like that.
You obviously dont know what real christianity is.Dont you wonder why Jesus chose Paul out of any person he could have chosen to be the greatest preacher?

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Thats exactly what i do.I dont know how my comments rival the despicable,i havent said people who are pro abortion or are not christian will go to hell or anything like that.
You obviously dont know what real christianity is.Dont you wonder why Jesus chose Paul out of any person he could have chosen to be the greatest preacher?

whoa wait a minute...

lets go back a step.

Quote:

what does this mean then? this is terribly offensive to any pro abortion christian out there. i know a ton of people like this, my two best friends, my girlfriend, and my mother and father to be exact.

you cannot judge someone for believing in something or not.

religion should not be your force to accomplish anything in your life. you should do things for yourself and believe what you want to believe, no matter what your religion tells you to.

what you said earlier was horrible and any liberal christian would probably be offended by that.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Quote:

whoa wait a minute...

lets go back a step.

Quote:

what does this mean then? this is terribly offensive to any pro abortion christian out there. i know a ton of people like this, my two best friends, my girlfriend, and my mother and father to be exact.

you cannot judge someone for believing in something or not.

religion should not be your force to accomplish anything in your life. you should do things for yourself and believe what you want to believe, no matter what your religion tells you to.

what you said earlier was horrible and any liberal christian would probably be offended by that.

Where am i judging? Im saying you cant be a christian if your pro killing and thats true.What i said is not horrible.
Thou shall not kill,its one of god's 10 commandments,Jesus said he did not come to change the law but to fufill it,i find it very hypocritical for someone to say they are christian but they dont follow the freaken rules god gave.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:22 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Where am i judging? Im saying you cant be a christian if your pro killing and thats true.What i said is not horrible.
Thou shall not kill,its one of god's 10 commandments,Jesus said he did not come to change the law but to fufill it,i find it very hypocritical for someone to say they are christian but they dont follow the freaken rules god gave.

science has not technically proven that an unborn fetus is infact a person.

also the law of the united states states that an unborn fetus prior to the third trimester.

while you may follow the ten commandments, the law of the united states is what is followed, not judeo-christian beliefs.

i dont like abortion either, but because we may not agree with the practice, gives us no right to govern those who agree with it. abortion is a tough subject, but it cannot be changed unless the precedent case roe v. wade is thrown out.

judeo-christian values are not to be forced on anyone in this country.

also, you are judging because you make the claim that if you believe in abortion, then you cannot be a christian.

to some christians, the sanctity of life is different than others.

i am not a christian, but i do not agree with the practice of abortion. however, because it is the law of the land, it should be enforced.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Quote:

science has not technically proven that an unborn fetus is infact a person.

also the law of the united states states that an unborn fetus prior to the third trimester.

while you may follow the ten commandments, the law of the united states is what is followed, not judeo-christian beliefs.

i dont like abortion either, but because we may not agree with the practice, gives us no right to govern those who agree with it. abortion is a tough subject, but it cannot be changed unless the precedent case roe v. wade is thrown out.

judeo-christian values are not to be forced on anyone in this country.

also, you are judging because you make the claim that if you believe in abortion, then you cannot be a christian.

to some christians, the sanctity of life is different than others.

i am not a christian, but i do not agree with the practice of abortion. however, because it is the law of the land, it should be enforced.

A real christian puts God's law above any other law.
Thou shall not have any other god except me.
You telling me this wasent a live baby?
http://www.peopleforlife.org/images/malachi.jpg
Fuck abortion doctors,they are mass murderes.
Ill stop talking about this because this is a B.O Forum.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

I'm not sure that most people go to Wedding Crashers looking for a crash corse in liberal ideology, and I don't think people were inherantly turned into democrats after seeing Fantastic Four.

Medved, who doesn't own a TV in his own house, has been out of his league with his movie reviews for years. He's so far off the scale that I would bet he sees the world in blue and red.

There are choices for family and choices that are more "wholesome". Cinderella Man for adults, went nowhere. Charlie and the Chocolate Family has a very pro-family message and expouses generally accepted good values. March of the Penguins is utterly harmless. Yeah, there are NOT a lot of choices, but there are not a lot of great choices to begin with. Welcome to summer.

I just don't understand where he's coming from. Maybe if people were rushing out to see some left leaning documentary or so movie with homosexuals as gay cowboys or an influx of anti-war movies he would have a point, and he could whine, but he isn't.

Let us not forget, the summer film decisions are not made by liberals in Hollywood. The people that front this kind of money are the conservative multi-national corporations. If you want to see liberal films with liberal ideals then you can go see the art and independent films, which nobody goes to see anyway.

This is what the article is really about:

Quote:
Paramount Pictures recently announced that the first major thriller dramatizing 9/11, with Nicholas Cage as a rescuer attempting to escape the wreckage, will be directed by notorious conspiracist Oliver Stone.

Since when is 9/11 politically owned by the Republicans? Medved called for tolerance on The Passion because the script wasn't published but is free to jump to conclusions about this film? Why is D-Day acceptible to show and 9/11 not? If people don't want to see the film, they won't go see it, just like nobody saw Alexander. This will drain Paramount's "liberal purse!" even more, so why is he so threatened by this? Stone is an American, he is allowed to have an opinion on the impact of 9/11.

Of course, Medved considers that kind of speech to be treason so his views are already unreasonable.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:04 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

I take it then that you think soldiers are mass murders as well?

Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Of course 9/11 is owned by the Republicans. Bush came over here and stood on the grounds, looked sincere, had his photo ops, and forever staked out the right to use the tragedy in political ads even after he reneged on his promises for aid to to the city. Because as everybody knows, Republicans love 9/11, but they still despise New York City.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

neo_wolf wrote:

Thats what war is.You live by the sword,you die by the sword.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Medved has always been an a-hole,he really isnt a film critic.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:32 am
Profile WWW
All Star Poster

Beeblebrox wrote:
neo_wolf wrote:

Thats what war is.You live by the sword,you die by the sword.

That's not what I asked. Can soldiers in combat be Christians? Are they murderers because they violate the Commandment about killing? Because according to your current argument, soldiers can't be Christians and they are murderers.

Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

That's not what I asked. Can soldiers in combat be Christians? Are they murderers because they violate the Commandment about killing? Because according to your current argument, soldiers can't be Christians and they are murderers.

Not to change the subject but mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to serve the army because they said the bible restricts them from serving man's war. In fact alot of them served prison time when the draft was installed. Its the same reason that neowolf listed that they think you cant serve god and serve another man's war at the same time

Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2