Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fantastic Four - What went right? 
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:
Jonan23 wrote:
Give it some credit. When the cast was announced the die hard F4 fans declared them to be the worst casting choices possible for the film. Then after the first trailer people started shouting bomb. What went right was that someone then saw all the serious summer flicks out there and then decided to focus the marketing on all the fun aspects of the film. I think focusing the ads on Chris Evans fun portrayal of the human torch was what went right.

The movie wasn't good and thus the horrible legs but still I consider 140 million final for this film to be pretty good. It's the final figures that matter and not the legs isn't it?
Well yes and no, big opening showed interest and that marketing was very good, crappy legs showed that it wasnt such a good movie and doesnt bode well for the sequel.

The sequel isn't in trouble. It'll open to more and have worse legs.
A comic flick would be happy to have the type of legs X-Men had these days, so for a comic flick, it did have great legs i'd say. I mean it only had one weekend of a drop over 50%, after that it had a few around 40% then some 30%. X2 had some great marketing, maybe even better then F4's, not to mention the lack of competition and a great theater count.

X2 and F4 had similar marketing. Both were excellent. And, both had excellent screen/theater counts.

By the time the sequel comes around, though, the theater count will be well above 4,000.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:51 am
Speed Racer

hmmmm, interesting to see the general consensus seems to be that the marketing is the root of its success.... Not very convinced about this... interesting nonetheless.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

I'm predicting The F4 to make 11 or 12 Million this weekend and withstand the competition.. Roll the Dice Baby!!! \:D/

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:43 am
Profile WWW

BUMP THIS BITCH UP!!! YES!! I finally got 1 right for a change and The F4 STILL remains in the Top 5 even defying new releases in it's 3rd weekend.. \:D/ :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:31 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Batman Begins remained in the top five for five weeks, something Fantastic Four cannot achieve. :mrgreen:

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:21 am

Batman Begins remained in the top five for five weeks, something Fantastic Four cannot achieve. :mrgreen:

So what do we have coming out in the next 2 weeks that this movie will plummet below the Top 5??? It's already defied several new releases and is STILL in the Top 5 for a movie that supposedly sucks so bad..

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:25 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:

So what do we have coming out in the next 2 weeks that this movie will plummet below the Top 5??? It's already defied several new releases and is STILL in the Top 5 for a movie that supposedly sucks so bad..

Next weekend, it will be in the $6-7 million range, and I can name five movies that will easily make more than that; Stealth, Must Love Dogs, Sky High, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Wedding Crashers.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:30 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

Next weekend, it will be in the $6-7 million range, and I can name five movies that will easily make more than that; Stealth, Must Love Dogs, Sky High, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Wedding Crashers.

Somehow, if F4 was able to beat out The Island, I don't see Stealth being any better and there is virtually no buzz for Sky High whatsoever or Must Love Dogs.. This remains to be seen and F4 certainly has had good legs on it's daily chart for a movie that wasn't so good..

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:34 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Zingaling wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

Somehow, if F4 was able to beat out The Island, I don't see Stealth being any better and there is virtually no buzz for Sky High whatsoever or Must Love Dogs.. This remains to be seen and F4 certainly has had good legs on it's daily chart for a movie that wasn't so good..

Even if Stealth and the other two openers don't do that well, they're all going to make more than $7 million, BKB.

That's common sense.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:35 am
Extraordinary

Zingaling wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

So theres no buzz for Must Love, but the sneaks for Must Love helped BB to make like 2m more, just by only having 800 sneaks at only one showing a theater.

Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:37 am

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Zingaling wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Zingaling wrote:

Even if Stealth and the other two openers don't do that well, they're all going to make more than $7 million, BKB.

That's common sense.

Do we really have proof that Stealth will make more than 7 Million when The Island barely made 12 Million and was thought to have made significantly more than what it did?? :-k Nothing is a guarantee for any movie this summer, that much is certain.. Stealth really doesn't even look like a moviegoers waste of time anymore than what The Island was.. I see The F4 Holding it's own for a 4th week and that's saying something..

Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:13 am
Profile WWW
now we know

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:56 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Its a fun film.
Its got a hot lead actress.
It has an inbuilt fanbase.
It attracts both males and females
It attracts kids.
Its the best marketed film since ID4

That pretty much sums it up.

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:04 am
Profile WWW

I predict F4 to STILL remain in the Top 5 after this weekend and pull it off for a 3rd week in a row.. Not bad for as much competition as it's faced.. :-k

Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

Well it went down to number 6. Still not bad. A lot better already than HULK. Not bad at all for such a waste of celluloid.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

It's doing so well im over the moon. I'd would LOVE it to beat X-Men's final gross. Doubtful, but i'd love it to.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

It's going to finish with around $152-154 million which isn't bad at all, but still not enough to end up in this year's Top 10. Nonetheless enough for a sequel, but don't expect a X-Men/X2 effect here. X-Men was by far more well-liked than F4, so do not expect the F4's sequel opening weekend to be much higher. Maybe around $60-65 million, but with way worse legs leading to a lower total gross than the first movie.

Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2