Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 "Fantastic Four" Box Office Analysis 
Indiana Jones IV

But SW, Tobey Maguire and Dunst and Dafoe are all well know. Alba, the Shield guy and the guy from NATM are jut fringe player. Every one of those other films boasted of a bigger cast.

Oh yeah I forgot about Dafoe... but Maguire wasn't really big before Spider-Man. And they boasted just a little bit bigger of a cast; not so much bigger to actually make a huge difference. Plus, usually casts for super-hero movies do not matter (as long as they resemble the characters). I mean, do you think Spider-Man made $403 million because of Dafoe? Doubt it.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Mod Team Leader

baumer72 wrote:
But SW, Tobey Maguire and Dunst and Dafoe are all well know. Alba, the Shield guy and the guy from NATM are jut fringe player. Every one of those other films boasted of a bigger cast.

Oh yeah I forgot about Dafoe... but Maguire wasn't really big before Spider-Man. And they boasted just a little bit bigger of a cast; not so much bigger to actually make a huge difference. Plus, usually casts for super-hero movies do not matter (as long as they resemble the characters). I mean, do you think Spider-Man made $403 million because of Dafoe? Doubt it.

No of course not. I wasn't really arguing the point that the cast mde the film money....lol, just that they had bigger casts, that's all.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Star Wars wrote:
baumer72 wrote:

No of course not. I wasn't really arguing the point that the cast mde the film money....lol, just that they had bigger casts, that's all.

lol yeah. But what I am saying is that cast doesn't really matter in a comic book film, so that whole section was pretty pointless (although the article was good). Hell, you can get some of the biggest miscasts for a comic book film (Keaton, Nicholson, anyone?) yet people will still flock to it (like with Batman).

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
You must have big rats

Zingaling wrote:
*cough*

Looks like I'm right for once. :shock:

There's no way it gets to $155 million, but good job on the opening weekend even though a ton of people are going to be close on it. Image

Well, looks like the $155 million total wasn't quite off, was it? It will finish with around $153 million.

Good job, Zing! Image

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:08 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I was dead-on for once. Does this, uh, cancel out Stealth and XXX: State of the Union?

8-[

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:13 am
You must have big rats

:biggrin:

I was dead-on for once. Does this, uh, cancel out Stealth and XXX: State of the Union?

8-[

Uhhh...

No!

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:19 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Gee, this movie made a 5 million dollar profit when you factor in it's cost and marketing.. :blink:

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:44 am
Profile WWW

Post fantastic four
NO you are wrong BKB, fantastic four hasn't made $ 5 million profit. My uncle works in the marketing division at fox. I asked him how much fantastic four actually costed to make as well as market and after several days of begging him to tell me, he said the exact production budget for the movie is $83 million and marketing is $50 million. Total production value is $133. So, if this movie makes $153 at domestic box-office then that means it has made $20 million profit which in my opinion is solid.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Post Re: fantastic four
fantastic4 wrote:
NO you are wrong BKB, fantastic four hasn't made $ 5 million profit. My uncle works in the marketing division at fox. I asked him how much fantastic four actually costed to make as well as market and after several days of begging him to tell me, he said the exact production budget for the movie is $83 million and marketing is $50 million. Total production value is $133. So, if this movie makes $153 at domestic box-office then that means it has made $20 million profit which in my opinion is solid.

Then again, the studios get only about 55% from the domestic gross.

And also the foreign gross needs to be factored in.

Yadda yadda.

The profit talks are usually more compicated than it seems.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:02 pm
Profile WWW

Post fantastic 4
Yes, You are right but last night I asked my uncle and he said that if Fantastic 4 makes $300-320 million worldwide(fox owned territories) then fox will end up making about $165-$176 million for itself. The remaining money goes to marvel, to cinemas and sometimes to the actors.

By the way, by fox owned territories I mean countries where fox gets all the money from their movies they have distributed. My uncle said that if you include other countries where fox does not has distribution rights to F4 then it will end up grossing about $315-335 million.

But fox will get only between $300-320 million if non fox owned territories are included.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Hey there f4...could your uncle get some info about Revenge of the Sith, and distribution of profit?

Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:02 am
Mod Team Leader

Hey there f4...could your uncle get some info about Revenge of the Sith, and distribution of profit?

His uncle is George Lucas.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

Someones cousins, friends brothers auntie's girlfriend worked on the movie.

Puhlessse.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:00 pm
Mod Team Leader

Hmmm, it's like over at IMDB boards..

Puhlessse.

My best friend's brother's friend's girlfriend knows this guy who knows this girl who has an uncle who past out at 31 flavours yesterday and the medic who treated him has an uncle who works at Fox. :biggrin:

Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

mansonmyers wrote:
Hmmm, it's like over at IMDB boards..

Puhlessse.

My best friend's brother's friend's girlfriend knows this guy who knows this girl who has an uncle who past out at 31 flavours yesterday and the medic who treated him has an uncle who works at Fox. :biggrin:

What? He worked at Fox???? I should have asked him Star Wars' profit after he revived me :shades:

Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:37 pm
Profile WWW

Hey ya, I asked my uncle about it and he said that George Lucas made a deal in which 75% of the gross the movie makes first two weeks domestically will go to him and the remaining will be shared between fox and the cinemas. But fox will make around $120-140 million domestically. Overseas, fox holds right in each and every big country and all asian countries except few in europe and middle east where by the way the movie alltogether has grossed only $5 million so it won't affect its worldwide gross by much. Overseas fox owned territories will end up grossing $438-442 million. Out of which fox will most probably make between $241-243 million and the remaining money will go to theatres and actors. Alltogether if you add the amount of money fox will make domestically and overseas for itself it could end up making a huge $361- 383 million. And since the total budget for the movie is $163 million(marketing+film cost) it will make between $198-220 million profit for fox.

NOW ISN'T THAT AMAZING.[/u]

Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2