Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 Could Batman end with a bigger gross than War of the Worlds? 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Could Batman end with a bigger gross than War of the Worlds?
I think so. With its mixed word of mouth, I don't think its legs will be that great. I don't really see it topping $220M, which is around where Batman Begins will stop, according to "World of KJ"'s DP07 (I trust him). Basically, I think both of these films will end between $200M and $220M, but Batman will be a little higher. Slowly but surely, Batman fans around North America are hearing some gossip about the new Batman film being really good, while WotW will die out somewhat quickly compared to Batman. Although it definitely will have a bigger opening weekend.

Who's in?

3- Lone Survivor 8.5/10
4- Captain America 8.0/10
5- 300: 8.0/10

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

Post Re: Could Batman end with a bigger gross than War of the Wor
choubachou wrote:
I think so. With its mixed word of mouth, I don't think its legs will be that great. I don't really see it topping $220M, which is around where Batman Begins will stop, according to "World of KJ"'s DP07 (I trust him). Basically, I think both of these films will end between $200M and $220M, but Batman will be a little higher. Slowly but surely, Batman fans around North America are hearing some gossip about the new Batman film being really good, while WotW will die out somewhat quickly compared to Batman. Although it definitely will have a bigger opening weekend.

Who's in?

NO

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Too late. Batman Begins opened with too small an amount.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

My Box-Office Blog: http://boxofficetracker.blogspot.com/

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Lets wait for weekend numbers before we rush to judgement. If its 6 day total is less than 120 million and very mixed WOM, you may have a point there

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:20 pm
Extraordinary

Yahoo reviews shows a very good rating of B+,I dont see any mixed WOM with the general public.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Well, I have told at least a dozen people so far to stay away from the film as possible. I hope to convince a few more dozen people.

So I'm doing my part in undermining the film.

MadGez wrote:
Briefs. Am used to them and boxers can get me in trouble it seems. Too much room and maybe the silkiness have created more than one awkward situation.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Batman is a better movie and will have a better gross!

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Well, I have told at least a dozen people so far to stay away from the film as possible. I hope to convince a few more dozen people.

:lol:

Profile WWW
You must have big rats

From what it seems, the WoM isn't half as bad as some make it seem. The movie is the 2nd biggest tentpole of the summer (behind ROTS) and has arguably the best release date of the summer with its 6-day weekend over which it'll most likely make over $125 million...and since July usually delivers the best summer weekdays, expect this one to have over $175 million by the end of the next weekend, even if it drops 60% next weekend. So, um, we've got over $170 million after 12 dayays....

In other words, no, War of the Worlds will end up ahead of Batman even if it keeps dropping 60% each weekend after its release.

Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Box wrote:

Lol...they'll end up watching it anyways.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:31 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

neo_wolf wrote:
Box wrote:

Lol...they'll end up watching it anyways.

True.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Now the question is how much of an impact will WOTW's second week affect Fantastic Four opening weekend.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:37 pm
Extraordinary

To be honest, if I had to recommend any film to them this summer, WOTW is it.

The special effects are simply amazing, and so much in the film works well.

I did, after all, give it a C. It's has as many good qualities as bad ones.

I'd say that, at the worst, this film is interesting. You can't say that about many films this year.

MadGez wrote:

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

War of the Worlds is one of the best films in years and offers enough thrills, chills and humour to keep packin them in, so if there is any justice it will top $300 million. And the damn ending is great! Batman was terrific as well and will likely end its run with close to $200 million, which is pretty damn impressive for a comic film that takes such risks. Personally I'll be devoting the next couple of weeks to telling everyone I meet to go see WOTW and bring all their friends.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

From what it seems, the WoM isn't half as bad as some make it seem. The movie is the 2nd biggest tentpole of the summer (behind ROTS) and has arguably the best release date of the summer with its 6-day weekend over which it'll most likely make over $125 million...and since July usually delivers the best summer weekdays, expect this one to have over $175 million by the end of the next weekend, even if it drops 60% next weekend. So, um, we've got over $170 million after 12 dayays....

In other words, no, War of the Worlds will end up ahead of Batman even if it keeps dropping 60% each weekend after its release.

Of course it's not as bad as few people make it out to be, Box included.. It's merely being overlynitpicky for a viewers own good and you need to lighten up a bit... Stop reading so damn much into a Sci-Fi movie for heaven sakes.. Either way, Box's opinion of this as well as few others will be heavily overshadowed this weekend when this movie makes an absolute fortune and I mean ABSOLUTE FORTUNE$$$$... BKB awaits the usual: "Well BKB, Better box office doesn't make it the better movie" nonsense.. :laugh:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Of course it's not as bad as few people make it out to be, Box included.. It's merely being overlynitpicky for a viewers own good and you need to lighten up a bit... Stop reading so damn much into a Sci-Fi movie for heaven sakes.. Either way, Box's opinion of this as well as few others will be heavily overshadowed this weekend when this movie makes an absolute fortune and I mean ABSOLUTE FORTUNE$$$$... BKB awaits the usual: "Well BKB, Better box office doesn't make it the better movie" nonsense.. :laugh:

Huh?

I wrote WoKJ's box office anaylsis for this film, and am predicting $70m 3-day/$250-275m total.

If anything, I'm optimistic.

I'd say $60m/$215-240m is more accurate at this moment.

MadGez wrote:

Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:13 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

BKB_The_Man wrote:

Huh?

I wrote WoKJ's box office anaylsis for this film, and am predicting $70m 3-day/$250-275m total.

If anything, I'm optimistic.

I'd say $60m/$215-240m is more accurate at this moment.

That's fine.. I guess it was really hard to distinguish this though with the overly harsh criticism you had for the ending of the movie and one would never of guessed this.. You should still spit in the face of logic though like I do and give it an "A" like I did for BATMAN even though I had minor criticism for that film as well despite it being far better than the last 2 Schumacher disasters.. :mrgreen:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Well, my opinion almost never corresponds with that of the public at large, so I'd never base any predictions on what I thought of the film.

Pretty much the only major difference between now and before I saw the film is that I think its legs will be slightly worse, but still fairly ok.

MadGez wrote:

Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

oops, sorry guys. I completely missed the other thread.

3- Lone Survivor 8.5/10
4- Captain America 8.0/10
5- 300: 8.0/10

Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:35 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]