Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Where Is the Spare Change?? 
Indiana Jones IV

Post Where Is the Spare Change??
I'm wondering how actuals always end in some even number resulting in $7,632,362. Wouldn't it be more realistic to be 7,643,362 and 50 cents because not every theatre last digit is a whole dollar. I know at my theatre there is ticket prices that are 4.00, 5.75, and 8.00 and i obviousely know that not every night the final sales is not gonna end up in whole dollars. It's not possible. So where do the these movie companies put this spare change in actuals?

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

They are rounded. It only makes sense, else you would just have very odd numbers. Plus the $6.50 you pay, or whatever it may be, includes sales tax, so the movie actually only made $6.xx or less...

Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Indiana Jones IV

They are rounded. It only makes sense, else you would just have very odd numbers. Plus the $6.50 you pay, or whatever it may be, includes sales tax, so the movie actually only made $6.xx or less...

so really, we don't really know the exact actuals or how much really the movie makes in the end

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:13 pm
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

We know give or take a few dollars. And even that is probably adjusted for.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:14 pm
Indiana Jones IV

RogueCommander wrote:

so really, we don't really know the exact actuals or how much really the movie makes in the end

Of course we don't.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Coasterman2002 wrote:
RogueCommander wrote:

Of course we don't.

Nor do we need to know it to that extent of accuracy, what we get is good enough and anything more than to-the-nearest-dollar would be immaterial. I honestly couldn't care less about a few extra cents, plus this way the reports look less cluttered.

Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]