Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Weekend Actuals 
Veteran

I totally overestimated Sunday's drops, BB, WOTW, and FF did much better than the estimates when I thought they were already too high. Fantastic for every film, really good weekend all around. WC is just on fire, anyone think it can top $100m by its 3rd weekend, say $24m next weekend and $18m the weekend after that and another $30m during the week days. Really seems likely after the Sat. and Sun. numbers which are just unheard of anymore for a major comedy opening.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Ace numbers. WOTW and M&MS are doing very well.

Wedding Crashers :grin:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
---------

Charlie's Opening > Fantastic Four's Opening

And by a mere $100,000!

Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:21 pm
now we know

Why is it that shit movies open big? tut tut

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Lord of filth

I've not really figured out why people seem to hone in on me, as I'm not the only outspoken defender on the 'Net.

You are just noticing it more because it's aimed at you.

Do you realize how much shit we throw at people like Zingaling on a weekly basis?

If your answer is "not enough", you are probably right! :pop:

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

tina_als_girl wrote:
I've not really figured out why people seem to hone in on me, as I'm not the only outspoken defender on the 'Net.

You are just noticing it more because it's aimed at you.

Do you realize how much shit we throw at people like Zingaling on a weekly basis?

If your answer is "not enough", you are probably right! :pop:

[-X

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 pm
The French Dutch Boy

Soo, question to people: Why did all of the films have generally poor friday's, and then really good multipliers into the weekend (aka. great saturday increases, and incredible small sunday decreases)? Is that what happens now so late in the summer? Or is there something that happened just with this weekend in particular? I find it really weird.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:30 pm
Forum General

Last edited by Jiffy on Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:32 pm
Forum General

It seems to me that when there is a noticably small or big increase/decrease for all films, the next day (or rest of the weekend, in this case) compensates in the other direction.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:32 pm
The French Dutch Boy

It seems to me that when there is a noticably small or big increase/decrease for all films, the next day (or rest of the weekend, in this case) compensates in the other direction.

Yeah, but the question is, why was the friday poor? Even despite the great saturdays and sundays, almost all of the holdovers still faired lower than expected for the weekend, in regards that most people's predictions were all overestimates.

PEACE, Mike ;)

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:33 pm
Star Trek XI

Couldn't it be something simple like, 2 highly anticipated new releases, both well-reviewed, with Charlie being skewed higher for Friday because of the HP factor, which wouldn't have affected WC? It was only the holdovers that didn't have good Fridays.

Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Very good numbers,good to see WOTW underestimated.

Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Why is it that shit movies open big? tut tut

Yeah, I can't understand why WAR OF THE WORLDS opened big either.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commander and Chef

loyalfromlondon wrote:
tina_als_girl wrote:
I think Wedding Crashers is going to be frontloaded. It looks like one of those types of movies that you see once in the theater and then wait to see again when it comes out on DVD.

CatCF, on the other hand, is a fantastical movie experience that many people have *already* seen multiple times in the theater because it is fun for all ages and you get so into it that you feel like you have to see it again just to experience the laughter over and over again.

Joy

Do you work for Warner Brothers?

LOL. You're not the first person to ask me that.

No, I don't. I don't have a job at all at this point in time. I'm just a lowly 20-year-old girl in Kansas City who will be starting my second year of community college come next month (I can't believe they're *already* having "Back to School" commercials on TV!).

Yeah, I've never been so adamant about defending a movie before (well... as far as I can remember). I've not really figured out why people seem to hone in on me, as I'm not the only outspoken defender on the 'Net. I'd come to the conclusion that I was picked out of the crowd at IMDb because I was one of the rare well-spoken people amongst the idiots over there. And I suppose here it's because I'm relatively new (like the Burn Ward... LOL) and very outspoken.

But, no. I don't work for WB. I'd never want to work for (or in conjunction with) a movie company like that anyway. If I get into Hollywood (which due to my homelife and financial situation, will never probably be possible), I don't plan to actually get *into* it. I want to be more like George Lucas and Robert Rodriguez and make movies on my own terms.

Joy

this ofcourse, will always happen. the biggest supporter or the person who hated the movie the most will be picked on for a certain movie. We all go through it : )

Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

Great for both openers. Wedding Crashers is actually the bigger surprise for me because of it being rated R. Both openers will easily pass 100 million (Charlie will likely go over 200) and Wedding Crashers may cross 150 if the legs are as good as they appear to be at this moment. Wedding Crashers is going to be a money magnet for New Line as a recent Entertainment Weekly article stated the budget as being only 40 million.

Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:30 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I need some perspective. How well are all these summer movies doing in comparison to last year? Is that "slump" still going on? Is a string of low $200M's norm for the summer?

btw, RotS is very slowly going to overtake RotK, but not by much.
*waits for flame war*
*waits*
:candle:

(yeah, I lost interest too...well, actually I just wanted to use my favorite smiley :nutso: )

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2