Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Tenet predictions 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: Tenet predictions
Or it could blow up in their face. Again, would a theater even open if they just have Tenet to release on... half of their screens?

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu May 21, 2020 9:26 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Yes as I mentioned that is a big IF at this point. I am guessing theaters are also clamoring to show something and make business, its this or file for bankruptcy

Thu May 21, 2020 9:32 pm
Forum General

I thought the trailer was great, but given all that's going on it wouldn't surprise me if it made less than Dunkirk. Too many unknown factors at play right now and it seems as if there not even sure if its going to be released in July anymore since no official date was seen in the new trailer. I mean a delay makes the most sense though.

Thu May 21, 2020 11:46 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I do think it might not make the date but whenever theaters are ready I am sure this will be the first film/blockbuster to be released which will most likely help it.

Thu May 21, 2020 11:49 pm
The Kramer

I just can’t see it happening anytime soon. Imagine watching A Quiet Place 2, and its a really tense moment where the characters have to be absolutely silent or they will die, and then someone in the row behind you starts coughing. It’s too real.

Watching a movie in theaters is better than at home because of the total immersion it gives you. Covidmania ruins that. Tenet will be served up as a sacrifice, but hopefully that will help it at the oscars.

Fri May 22, 2020 12:37 am
The Incredible Hulk

Chippy wrote:
All the promotional material have REMOVED the July date.

Yes, it did removed at 8 hours ago, all Tenet social media accounts change profile picture and header photo to "coming to theaters"

But guess what, at 3 hours ago the main account (not localization accounts) change to 7.17.20!!! Not saying it is guarantee to released on that date, but it shows WB determination and reassuring cinema owners that Nolan is still on their side.

I'm surprised that the new trailer still mention other Nolan's films, Dark Knight trilogy, Inception, Dunkirk (Interstellar in French version), if this goes well his next film might say only "Christopher Nolan", period. Or if all cinema chains use their power to vote for Nolan, then "From Academy Award-Winning..."

Fri May 22, 2020 12:51 am
Extraordinary

Seeing maybe a $30 m/$250 m type run if it sticks with July. People will see it but over several months.

Fri May 22, 2020 2:57 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

My analyzed on the trailer: Another interesting point is that, after "The Dark Knight Trilogy", shows Robert Pattinson, which is the next Batman. After "Inception" shows men in the suit with briefcase, which is homage to Inception that all male characters dressed nicely in the suit, the briefcase reflects the inception machine. After "Dunkirk" shows Kenneth Branagh that has role of a captain hero in Dunkirk, now he's probably a villain in Tenet. The French version uses Interstellar instead of Dunkirk, I don't know much about WW2 history and Dunkirk is not my favorite Nolan film, but perhaps Dunkirk portray France in a bad way? So the marketing team replace it with Interstellar.

And yes, the trailer structured in the same way as Inception trailer, someone already point out at the end of trailer (Robert Pattinson's don't be dramatic and airplane crash) is similar to Tom Hardy's You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. Another similarity is when Elizabeth Debicki scream "Hurry Up" in the car is similar to the first Inception trailer that Ellen Page scream "Wake me up! Wake me up!" at the end of the trailer. Which is nice because Hurry up = playing with time gone wrong, and Wake me up = playing with dream gone wrong.

Now the "coming to theaters", I read a lot of opinions on this, and one theory that click with me is that this is not the indication that the movie will be delayed, it is to assure the cinema owner that the movie will go to cinema first, because believe it or not, some people really think Nolan's big movie will go straight to streaming service. But it causes a lot of confusion that the movie will be postponed so Tenet social media accounts change their profile and header photo to 17.7.20.

Fri May 22, 2020 7:26 am
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Jack Sparrow wrote:
Not all big openers are true 4-quadrant (Twilight being the prime example for it). I did not disrespect your opinion nor dismiss your points so I am not sure where those arrogant snide comments are coming from.

Opening is not considered but total gross of movie is only considered to call a movie 4-quadrant? By that logic Twilight movies are pretty much 4-quadrant mega blockbusters because most/all of them made more than Inception in admissions. WB is giving money to Nolan because he makes money for them. Money != 4-quadrant movie.

You are mistaking my saying Tenet not being a 4-quadrant movie to it making money. For you the objective fact is total (which BTW I think will be big enough for the kind of movie it is) but for me there are multiple factors, just because a movie made HUGE money or opened big its called a 4-quadrant movie. For movies like Inception or original movies from famous/relevant directors, there is general interest but people would not rush out unless there are topics that would naturally attract every quadrant. Inception is still a niche concept but it was great in execution and script which is why more people discovered it during theaters and if you remember the IMAX sales for the movie.

Also calm down dude. What did you expect? People have different opinions so ofcourse there is a discussion. I guess you couldn't come up with proper debate point so you have to attack on my personality. This is not the first time I am hearing this from you so I guess its expected, the unfortunate part is that I DID NOT START the conversation. You meddled in because you are hurt someone said something that you didn't like to hear about a movie you like.

I had a big very concise rebuttal lined up for this, but I don't need this. I'm taking another path.

It seems like perhaps you're missing or lacking something in your life. I hope you find it and find peace with yourself. I also hope you maybe one day overcome your cynicism of Nolan and your strange irrationality of what exactly 4 quadrant objectively means in the film industry (male audiences under 25, female audiences under 25, male audiences over 25, female audiences over 25).

Anyways cheers mate, I'm out.

Fri May 22, 2020 9:56 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

I don't think that repeated response is called "high road". So according to you if I don't like a movie that you or maybe even everyone else in the world likes I don't have peace or I am missing something in my life?; who is talking funny now.

For the record I don't have problems with Nolan movies neither did I mention that anywhere. Finding similarity between his movies hardly qualifies me as Nolan hater. I've watched Inception for more than 10 times since it was released including 4 times in theaters. Wasn't big on Interstellar (still watched it twice) but Dunkirk was great, watched that one 4-5 times thus far.

Its idiots like you that make Nolan fanbase so rapid and at times stupid. Hopefully next time you can talk objectively as a grown up and not a fanboy.

Sat May 23, 2020 12:33 am
The Incredible Hulk

Nolan himself is not a 4-quadrant director, most of his fan are male. But he makes such a nice combination with actors, Tenet for example, has Robert Pattinson that has a lot of female fan. (Comment on the new trailer I found that convince me Tenet is 4-quadrant blockbuster: Robert Pattinson's accent is the savior of the cinema industry) Dunkirk has Harry Styles, etc.

Sat May 23, 2020 12:55 am
Superfreak

what did it say

Sun May 24, 2020 6:35 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Probably the new TV spot is this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moY0WvE3hVs

Sun May 24, 2020 9:53 pm
Superfreak

Only one I saw during there golf thing was the plane crash line where says everything is upside down and will be falling up

Sun May 24, 2020 10:31 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Excel wrote:
Only one I saw during there golf thing was the plane crash line where says everything is upside down and will be falling up

It's this one then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv1ZRdgSrsM

Mon May 25, 2020 12:58 am
On autopilot for the summer

So it’s a more stylish Deja Vu

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon May 25, 2020 9:55 am
The Incredible Hulk

I'm actually more interesting on why people in the operahouse scene are sleeping. They're probably affected by the inversion gas?

Mon May 25, 2020 2:10 pm
Superfreak

Movie will almost certainly be great but these trailers have done nothing for the non-Nolanite IMO

Mon May 25, 2020 3:07 pm
The Incredible Hulk

Excel wrote:
Movie will almost certainly be great but these trailers have done nothing for the non-Nolanite IMO

Though they definitely have done something for Robert Pattinson fan

Mon May 25, 2020 3:18 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

Excel wrote:

lol everyone is a Nolanite, so this doesn't matter

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue May 26, 2020 9:45 am
The Incredible Hulk

USA opening in time for Tenet is very possible, but other key markets (in order of MPAA's 2019 theme report ranking) like India, Mexico, Russia, Brazil, Indonesia, UAE, and Hong Kong can't control their situation yet. WB should move Tenet's opening date in Italy and Japan from September to July to compensate this.

Wed May 27, 2020 11:08 pm
Top Poster

Sonic will be keep the #2 spot for 2020 box office domestic gross all year. Tenet box office will be perceived as big disappointment at first, but by the end of the year when everything released later in the year performs even worse, its gross will be considered very solid in retrospect.

Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 am
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Idiot

^ Alex's crystal ball has spoken!

Sat May 30, 2020 4:10 am
The Incredible Hulk

Alex Y. wrote:
Sonic will be keep the #2 spot for 2020 box office domestic gross all year. Tenet box office will be perceived as big disappointment at first, but by the end of the year when everything released later in the year performs even worse, its gross will be considered very solid in retrospect.

So even Tenet box-office has to be viewed in retrospective? :funny:

Sat May 30, 2020 9:11 am
Indiana Jones IV

The first trailer is much better than the second one. Which us kinda surprising, as I think Nolan usually excels in trailers. I didn't really feel the tension and mystery in this one, and it's surprisingly lacking in interesting money shots. The overall marketing for Inception was much better.

Could be a great film anyway, and I find impossible to make any projections at this point. I guess it's guaranteed to have a 30 million opening, and a Nolan film is likely to have strong legs when it has a muted opening.

Sun May 31, 2020 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next