Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Your Favorite Diva's 
La Bella Vito

Post Your Favorite Diva's
I like lots of Diva's, but what is your definition of a Diva? Does she have to just have a wonderful voice, or more than that? I think it is a combination of things. The voice is a huge factor to me along with their style, songwriting skills, and personality.

Barbara Streisand- She was blessed with an amazing voice, she has such a huge range, and she's a brilliant singer/songwriter. Her music is somewhat mellow, but her voice shines through it all. Her personality is very good as well, she's a excellent songwriter. She's way up in my list, definitely makes my top 5.

Winner Of: 8 Grammy Awards

Madonna- Although her voice doesn't compare to anybody in this list, she does have many amazing qualities. She has done so much different kinds of music in her long career, ranging from pop, to rock, r&b, and techno. She can basically do anything, and she's an extraordinary songwriter. Her music videos are so beautifully shot, for example Frozen, that video was amazing, along with Ray Of Light, she is truly one of the legends of our time.

Winner Of: 5 Grammy Awards

Bonnie Raitt- I love her raspy voice, and she has done so much with her career. She is an 8 time Grammy award winner, and she has sold millions of albums. My favorite song by her is "Anything You Want (I Got It)", it's just such a beatiful song, and I love her style a lot. I recently downloaded a bunch of her older songs, and I must say they are nothing short of amazing. She is a living legend, and such a graceful woman.

Winner Of: 8 Grammy Awards

Aretha Franklin- Very strong voice here. The ultimate Queen of Soul is here. Writing songs about freedom, and female impowerment. She's an inspiration to us all, and I think a lot of the young R&B singers today owe her some R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Winner of: 16 Grammy Awards

Mariah Carey- Although, I really don't like her new stuff. She is still a DIVA in my eyes. She can hit 7 octaves for gods sake! She is nothing short of specatular! She's a very smart businesswoman, and she knows how to write music very well, and has some of the best material ever written, especially when she first bursted onto the scene of pop music. I love her, and I respect her for working so hard to master her amazing vocal range.

Winner Of: 2 Grammy Awards

Dolly Parton- What a beautiful and talented woman she is. You can call her breasts fake all you want, but fact still remains, she is a very talented artist, who has put out some truly memorable material. She has an awesome personality too, and she's a very kind person. Her music is truly inspirational, and she's definitely a Diva in my book.

Winner Of : 7 Grammy Awards

Bette Midler: Funny, witty, beautiful, graceful. Bette Midler is an amazing woman of energy, and soul. Her voice is breathtaking, and she is a force to be wreckoned with. She is a wonderful actress as well, and knows how to give her audience a show. Wind Beneath My Wings, and The Rose, are amazing recordings, and she is truly a legend of epic proportions, and I respect her immensely.

Winner Of: 3 Grammy Awards

Cher: A woman that knows what she wants, and goes for it 110%, and never gives up. She is a chamelon constantly changing in style, and music, much like Madonna. She has conquered pop, and rock music, and has sold countless albums. She is a survivor, that has lasted all these years because of her sheer talent, and drive.

Winner Of: 1 Grammy Award

Janet Jackson: A fighter that doesn't take shit from anyone. She says what she wants to, and never backs down. She stands up for what she believes in, and is never outspoken. Her music is touching, and she is a brilliant songwriter/producer. She has conquered pop,r&b, and rock music in a way that very few can dream of. She is like a rainbow with many different colors that constantly evolves, and changes. She is an amazing woman, that is more than just a pretty face.

Winner Of: 5 Grammy Awards

I will be adding more, as they come to my mind. :)

Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]