Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 One Day Sales: Collision Course Breaks Away 
The Kramer

Post One Day Sales: Collision Course Breaks Away
ONE-DAY SALES: JAY-Z, LINKIN PARK COLLABORATION ROCKS
Collision Course on Track for Top Debut, Followed by Nas, Kelly Clarkson, T.I.

December 1, 2004

You throw some hottt superstar rhymes in a bowl. Grind in a liberal amount of nu-metal aggression and go at it with that potato-ricer thing you’ve had in the drawer for years but never knew what to do with.

That’s a recipe for a mash-up, and according to early reports from national accounts, there’s a big ol' healthy appetite for it across the country. Indeed, Jay-Z and Linkin Park’s new collaboration, Collision Course (Warner Bros.), is on track to be next week’s top debut, with early data indicating first-week sales of up to 350k.

That figure barely gets you into the Top Five on this week's turkey-bloated chart, but depending on how U2 fares in the coming days, it could mean a shot at #1 next week—though it would take a steeper than usual second-week drop for U2’s How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (Interscope). With nearly 839k of the iPod ad-driven album moved this week, most at this point are giving the edge to U2. Get it? The edge? U2?

Anyway, Collision Course will lead a pack of newcomers on next week’s chart that will also include the new double CD from Nas, Street Disciple (Columbia), which is also off to a very strong start. Early reports point to a first week of 225k-250k.

And then there’s Kelly Clarkson’s Breakaway (RCA), the latest American Idol release from the J/RCA juggernaut, and T.I.’s slyly titled Urban Legend (Atlantic). Both appear headed for first weeks around the 200k mark.
That should give all of the above at least a spot in next week’s Top 10, but things could look even better by the end of the week, depending how bad the post-turkey week hangover is for those already on the chart.

I wanted the title to be Collision Course Breaks Away from Urban Legends and Street's Disciples, but it wouldn't fit. Gonna be a tight top 5 this week.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:02 pm
Aslan Reigns Supreme

I would like to see it break 500k but thats dreaming. I thought that Nas came out next week. I guessed he released early

3.Click
4.Over the Hedge
5.See No Evil

Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:40 pm
College Boy Z

When I was at the store yesterday, they were sold out of Collision Course. For the other new CD's, they had plently of copies left.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:43 pm
Extraordinary

Pretty good for Nas, its one of the best rap albums out this year. T.I.'s new one is garbage.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:24 pm
La Bella Vito

Too bad for Kelly Clarkson. I really wanted her to debut at number one!

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]