Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Gwen Stefani's new album 
Extraordinary

Post Gwen Stefani's new album
Well, the album is pretty much leaked all over the internet and I personally already have a burned copy. :P I personally really like it, it's WAY different from No Doubt but that's the whole reason she took a solo project, the album is more of a Hip Hop/R&B album, and for some odd reason reminds me of the 80's. Every track is good and the album is easy to listen to as... it is about 40 minutes. My personal favorites are Long Way To Go, Crash and Bubble Pop Electric. The album also reminds me Utada's Exodus, though I loved Exodus a little more.

Overall, it's a really good album and something worth listening to. (Definatly better than most of the crap out now)

Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:38 pm
La Bella Vito

I really like it as well, but there are some tracks on it that are a bit boring, and slow. But I do like the faster paced ones a lot better. All in all its a very good debut for Miss Stefani, and she pretty much makes a name for herself, which is really good. She wants to break the No Doubt mold, and she is doing it with this album indeed. She has a talented pack of producers, and the beats are incredible. I would recommend this album to any music fan out there.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
now we know

Gwen Stefani is gorgeous! i like her music too, well, i like No Doubt's music, but i imagine her's is good too, and i think i have heard some, and its good.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

It's a really good album, and it has a lot of great songs on it. This will probably be more successful than Rock Steady or Return Of Saturn. My favorite tracks are: Crash, Bubble Pop Electric, What You Waiting For, Rich Girl, Hollaback Girl, Danger Zone, and Harajuku Girls.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

Post Re: Gwen Stefani's new album
publicenemy#1 wrote:
Well, the album is pretty much leaked all over the internet and I personally already have a burned copy. :P I personally really like it, it's WAY different from No Doubt but that's the whole reason she took a solo project, the album is more of a Hip Hop/R&B album, and for some odd reason reminds me of the 80's. Every track is good and the album is easy to listen to as... it is about 40 minutes. My personal favorites are Long Way To Go, Crash and Bubble Pop Electric. The album also reminds me Utada's Exodus, though I loved Exodus a little more.

Overall, it's a really good album and something worth listening to. (Definatly better than most of the crap out now)

Cause there's a heavy 80s influenced sound to it on most tracks? :P

Big fan of No Dobut (well, kinda, but i really like them :wink: ) and this is very good as well.

Standout tracks are The Real Thing and Danger Zone.

Only track I didn't care for was Luxurious, kinda boring.

Best Actress 2008

Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I dunno... it's listenable but overall, I was a bit disappointed!
HUUUGE fan of No Doubt, my favorite band and I knew it would be nothing like it. I started loving What You Waiting For.... but just couldn't get in the album. I still pop it in once in a while, but defintely not what I thought it would be!

Top Anticipated 2009
1. Nine

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]