Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Eminem Caught Lip-Synching 
Extraordinary

Post Eminem Caught Lip-Synching
Bosses of American satirical show Saturday Night Live were left embarrassed by Eminem last night when the rapper lipsynced through parts of his two performances on the show. A week after Ashlee Simpson's miming fiasco made headlines, Eminem failed to keep up with his own guide track as he performed politically-charged "Mosh" and new hit "Just Lose It." This came after guest host Kate Winslet poked fun at last week's lip-syncing controversy during her opening monologue. She said, "I'm thrilled to be hosting Saturday Night Live. I can assure you it is live because I'm hyperventilating a bit. I do however wish it wasn't the week after the Ashlee Simpson incident because now I really do have to perform live." Winslet then showed off her tap-dancing and singing skills - to prove that the show was completely live. Winslet's stint on the show was a hit - she played Norah Jones and a female Dr. Frankenstein in skits on the program. Meanwhile, Saturday Night Live writers further poked fun at Simpson when regular comic Horatio Sanz performed, Ashlee Simpson' you're a phoney...' to the tune of Elton John's "Tiny Dancer." Its funny. They caught Ashlee Simpson doing that but it was just a mistake but still she did it

Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:41 pm
Teh Mexican

right??? :?

Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:46 pm
Squee

You just cannot bust mad rhymes at such a high efficiency rate as Eminem without some assistance. Its just isnt humanly possible.

:glare:

Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:10 pm
rustiphica

Obviously he's just faking it. Why would anyone lip-synch on SNL so soon after that incident.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:50 pm
College Boy Z

It's definently fake. He's not stupid enough to do that after the Ashlee incident.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:52 pm
George A. Romero

he's making fun of ashlee people......it's what eminem does....

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:53 pm
rustiphica

I'd like to see Eminem play a game of Rochambeau but he goes last.

Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:54 pm
Speed Racer

he always lype syncs
he rarly does not lype synce
almost all rappers lype since while performing
his last tour was ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLll lype synced
i heard him admit it on MTV news

i dont see anything wrong with it but you act like this is surprising

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

omg are you all stupid
he always lype syncs

Rappers dont lyp sync much, your statement is bs.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:03 am
Speed Racer

Casey wrote:
omg are you all stupid
he always lype syncs

Rappers dont lyp sync much, your statement is bs.

ok ill change it: some rappers lyp sync. Eminem is one of them. On MTV news on the launch of his last tour he admitted to lype syncing.
he out of all people should not be lyo syncing. Its not very hard to "talk" fast. Ive heard his songs he does not rap extremly fast. He even admitted he forgot some of the words to his songs so he needs back up. They will proabbly have something about in an MTV news vault on MTV. If no one believes me i will try and find it.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extra on the Ordinary

Post Re: Eminem Caught Lip-Synching
Killuminati510 wrote:
Bosses of American satirical show Saturday Night Live were left embarrassed by Eminem last night when the rapper lipsynced through parts of his two performances on the show. A week after Ashlee Simpson's miming fiasco made headlines, Eminem failed to keep up with his own guide track as he performed politically-charged "Mosh" and new hit "Just Lose It." This came after guest host Kate Winslet poked fun at last week's lip-syncing controversy during her opening monologue. She said, "I'm thrilled to be hosting Saturday Night Live. I can assure you it is live because I'm hyperventilating a bit. I do however wish it wasn't the week after the Ashlee Simpson incident because now I really do have to perform live." Winslet then showed off her tap-dancing and singing skills - to prove that the show was completely live. Winslet's stint on the show was a hit - she played Norah Jones and a female Dr. Frankenstein in skits on the program. Meanwhile, Saturday Night Live writers further poked fun at Simpson when regular comic Horatio Sanz performed, Ashlee Simpson' you're a phoney...' to the tune of Elton John's "Tiny Dancer." Its funny. They caught Ashlee Simpson doing that but it was just a mistake but still she did it

Well he did lip synch.

Guys why the double standard?

Why is ot horrible when pop stars lip synch but not anyone else? It's hard to rap without "assistance?" You think dancing around and actually "performing" while singing is easy? It's easy to sing live when you're sitting behind a piano the whole time *cough*eltonjohn*cough* but that's about it.

The truth is there are horrible singers who often lip synch, others that do it just because it's too hard to sing live when you have so much else to do on stage, and that's not limited to pop singers.

Hoobastank (well....actually I do consider their music pop).

50 Cent? He can't sing to save his life.

Best Actress 2008

Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Rod wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Well he did lip synch.

Why is ot horrible when pop stars lip synch but not anyone else? It's hard to rap without "assistance?" You think dancing around and actually "performing" while singing is easy? It's easy to sing live when you're sitting behind a piano the whole time *cough*eltonjohn*cough* but that's about it.

The truth is there are horrible singers who often lip synch, others that do it just because it's too hard to sing live when you have so much else to do on stage, and that's not limited to pop singers.

I havnt been to one concert that i hear a rapper lyp sync, granted i dont listen to rappers like 50cent ( even though they dont lyp sync either ) but still. Who cares if pop stars know how to sing, you dont need to sing in rap, its about the lyrics and beats. Pop artists have some of the worst and most rehashed lyrics i ever heard of, its just rehash after rehash. Like Britney Spears, all her stuff sounds exactly alike, i mean theres no difference between one song and the other. Pop aritsts are a dime a dozen all of them are the same and have no new material to offer in the music industry, while theres alot of rappers that always bring new stuff to the industry. While you have a horrible pop artist like Ashlee Simpson selling 3mil you have a talented and smart rapper like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, or De La Soul not even go gold.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:03 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

Killuminati510 wrote:
Rod wrote:
Killuminati510 wrote:

Well he did lip synch.

I havnt been to one concert that i hear a rapper lyp sync, granted i dont listen to rappers like 50cent ( even though they dont lyp sync either ) but still. Who cares if pop stars know how to sing, you dont need to sing in rap, its about the lyrics and beats. Pop artists have some of the worst and most rehashed lyrics i ever heard of, its just rehash after rehash. Like Britney Spears, all her stuff sounds exactly alike, i mean theres no difference between one song and the other. Pop aritsts are a dime a dozen all of them are the same and have no new material to offer in the music industry, while theres alot of rappers that always bring new stuff to the industry. While you have a horrible pop artist like Ashlee Simpson selling 3mil you have a talented and smart rapper like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, or De La Soul not even go gold.

You can say the same thing about hip hop, really...it's getting annoying that all of their songs are about the same three themes and it's beginning to all be the same.

I'm tlaking about those mutli-platinum selling rappers, There's a difference between mainstream artists and tohse lesser known ones. You're talking about talented rappers that can't even go gold, compared to Ashless simspson. But you think Ashless Simpson is the most talented pop act out?

Why not compare Mos def, De La Soul and such to artists like Scissor Sisters (hey, it's good pop :P ), Franz Ferdinand, Air, and such. Other than Frazn Ferdinand, very few people even know about the other two.

Just saying that pop has some outstanding pop acts too. Singing isn't important in rap? Well then you can say writing is not important in pop cause its not the main purpose of it (though I think it's nice to hear some good lyrics, in pop or any other genre). And there's also crappy artists in hip hop, rock and other genres.

Despends on what you're into I guess.

Best Actress 2008

Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

omg are you all stupid
he always lype syncs

Wow dude. I feel sorry for your mother, what a terrible speller you are!

Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
Speed Racer

why?
Because i have a much more well set future than you. You dropped out of high school, can't make a friend, pick fights with others, your a hypocrite, and yet you blame other people for your problems you create.

I have friends, have a well paying job (for my age), finished high school, WILL be attending college, try to be nice to others(you) while they still constantly blame me for attacking and causing emotional instability. (which no doubt you have)

its an honest mistake that i dont proof read all of my posts, but wow if I were your mother i would probably block you out of my head and hope that one day i would never have to look at you again. It would be as though i didn't have a son.

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
La Bella Vito

wow that is kind of funny!
why?
Because i have a much more well set future than you. You dropped out of high school, can't make a friend, pick fights with others, your a hypocrite, and yet you blame other people for your problems you create.

I have friends, have a well paying job (for my age), finished high school, WILL be attending college, try to be nice to others(you) while they still constantly blame me for attacking and causing emotional instability. (which no doubt you have)

its an honest mistake that i dont proof read all of my posts, but wow if I were your mother i would probably block you out of my head and hope that one day i would never have to look at you again. It would be as though i didn't have a son.

I just got my GED about a month ago, and I am enrolling myself into Community College. Let's see how far you go....

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Speed Racer

well i already have 1 year of college credits.
PSEO program at my highschool allows college courses to count for 1 high school credit and a college credit.
so it will be much easier to get accepted into a college. Not a community college. For i know i am smarter than that. Give it up because you have no future. DISHWASHER :roll:

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Stop with the personal attacks. There is no sense bashing one another like this.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:33 am
George A. Romero

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:40 am
La Bella Vito

WAY FARTHER THAN YOU.
well i already have 1 year of college credits.
PSEO program at my highschool allows college courses to count for 1 high school credit and a college credit.
so it will be much easier to get accepted into a college. Not a community college. For i know i am smarter than that. Give it up because you have no future. DISHWASHER :roll:

You are just such a hateful person. You have no feelings what so ever. I can't believe how you keep attacking me like this. It just makes you look worse in the process. And I don't care if I was a dishwasher, I was getting paid, and made pretty good money. At least it was paying the bills, and having a job like that is nothing to be ashamed of.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:45 am
Profile YIM WWW
Commander and Chef

Pink, Casey, break it up. Its obvious who threw the first punch but lets be more mature and let it go.

Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

Casey wrote:
omg are you all stupid
he always lype syncs

Wow dude. I feel sorry for your mother, what a terrible speller you are!

yeah... i attacked you :roll:

Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]