Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 89  Next
 The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fascism 
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Trump Era: The Awkward Mix of Libertarianism and Fas
Mister Ecks wrote:
And it's so obvious Dr. Ford was lying the whole time about the allegations. She obviously just wants to live that lavish, luxurious lifestyle of women who accuse men of sexual assault. It does come with so many perks! An entire political party gets to deny and openly mock you. You get to live the rest of your life knowing you tried and failed to stop a Supreme Court judge from being appointed to one of the highest honorable positions in the country you live in. Oh and you got to further prove the point that some people, men and women, do not care about your story, your emotional scars, your pain, just so long as some good ol' boy, who didn't show any signs of being a sexual predator to a bunch of old white men, gets the job he's been training for for decades.

This past week has been a circus. If a blue wave doesn't come in November, I don't know if there's any coming back from it. America is deeply, deeply divided.

I believe that Dr. Ford is telling the truth because the story fits and Kavanaugh hasn’t been believable. But I wouldn’t just believe on principle. Acting like women never lie is ridiculous, though you’re right that it’s rare and they usually are telling the truth.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:32 am
Is this heaven, or is this hell?

Not saying Kavanaugh is guilty or not, and someone who was that emotional during his hearing seems like a questionable choice for Supreme Court. But the left echo chamber is nowhere close to being objective enough at this point to look at this fairly. The left has long since lost their minds when it comes to everyone on the other side being the enemy. Half of them on twitter are driven by the need to impress their followers and the other half are exclusively getting their information from those people because they're saying exactly what they want to hear.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:10 pm
Defeats all expectations

What you said:

Shack wrote:
Not saying Kavanaugh is guilty or not, and someone who was that emotional during his hearing seems like a questionable choice for Supreme Court.

Given all this, the right (Republicans) still wanted to make him a Supreme Court justice. Isn't this evident the GOP echo chamber is "nowhere close to being objective enough at this point to look at this fairly"?

But to own the libs...

:zonks:

Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:00 pm
Extraordinary

Only the "nasty" people on the fake left would make interruptions over a confirmation vote. It's so classic. I'm so tired of seeing it. I hope other voters are too. It's just ridiculous the insanity of these people.

As far as the dear Doctor. Apparently ya'll are fine with believing anything that comes out of a person's mouth even when her story is full of black holes. It's insane but whatever. That's what we are dealing with today where a fake accusation can nearly sink a nominee while at the same time destroy his decades long impeccable reputation in a week. Good going nasty leftists.

50-48 :D

Can I get a countdown on Ruthie - March 15, 1933 (age 85 years)
Pretty Please with a cherry on top

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:13 pm
Sbil

nghtvsn wrote:
Only the "nasty" people on the fake left would make interruptions over a confirmation vote. It's so classic. I'm so tired of seeing it. I hope other voters are too. It's just ridiculous the insanity of these people.

As far as the dear Doctor. Apparently ya'll are fine with believing anything that comes out of a person's mouth even when her story is full of black holes. It's insane but whatever. That's what we are dealing with today where a fake accusation can nearly sink a nominee while at the same time destroy his decades long impeccable reputation in a week. Good going nasty leftists.

50-48 :D

Can I get a countdown on Ruthie - March 15, 1933 (age 85 years)
Pretty Please with a cherry on top

You’re literally starting a countdown on someone’s death entirely so you can stick another person on the court. And you have the audacity to call others “nasty.” How breathtakingly hypocritical.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Gamaur's sex slave

I really feel sorry for Dana Carvey. After 20 years where he disappeared from the people's memory, he gets one week in the spotlight and now it's back to obscurity.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:41 pm
Extraordinary

Libs wrote:
I love America a heck of a lot more than nghtvsn does, I can tell you that much.

You should do like me and put him ignore. I have no interest in reading his stupid comments. And don't both to argue with him. I would have more luck debating with a rock than with him.
I do think is awful he was confirmed. But hope it will galvanize people to vote. I still see the Democrats winning the house. They have the edge in those suburban seats where there is a lot of women. The Senate is another matter it will be tough unless they win Tennessee or Texas.

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Calm down. Stop being triggered. I know you can’t help yourself.

I’m just stating her birthday and age. She should retire like a normal person but she’s intent on not doing that until I guess she doesn’t wake up. Blame her, not me.

#MAGA #KAG!

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:30 pm
Keeping it Light

nghtvsn wrote:
As far as the dear Doctor. -her story is full of black holes.

I'm interested to hear what those black holes are you speak of.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 am
The Kramer

Gosh women are never gonna forgive Republicans for this.

Is what we said after the grab em by the pussy tape. Then they voted for him anyways. The American people, both men and women, seem to love rewarding Republicans for their shady hypocritic tactics (such as stealing the Merrick Garland seat). I don’t we how this is any different. As a country we have proven that we will put up with anything as long as it saves 10 bucks in taxes on our checks.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Flava'd vs The World wrote:

Is what we said after the grab em by the pussy tape. Then they voted for him anyways. The American people, both men and women, seem to love rewarding Republicans for their shady hypocritic tactics (such as stealing the Merrick Garland seat). I don’t we how this is any different. As a country we have proven that we will put up with anything as long as it saves 10 bucks in taxes on our checks.

We have our winner

Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:07 pm
Extraordinary

A majority did not "vote for him anyway." 54% of all women voted for Hillary. Trump got 42%. The gender gap is just going to widen the longer this goes on.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

stuffp wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:
As far as the dear Doctor. -her story is full of black holes.

I'm interested to hear what those black holes are you speak of.

Hhm that’s funny . Did you use vocal fry when you typed that out ?

#MAGA #KAG!

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:21 pm
Extraordinary

Groucho wrote:

A majority did not "vote for him anyway." 54% of all women voted for Hillary. Trump got 42%. The gender gap is just going to widen the longer this goes on.

I agree and if young people voted we wouldn't be in this position. I hoping it influences people to vote.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

That 10 bucks (most of which go to the rich) come with lower real wages, higher medical bills, polluted air and water, radiation.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:41 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

We got 1,476 high school seniors to register in our northern West Virginia (WV-1)/southern Pennsylvania (PA-14, PA-17) voter registration drive versus just 893 two years ago.

These are the sort of districts that matter the most, because had these areas just had a somewhat stronger turnout in 2016, for example, McGinty may have unseated Toomey (who won by just 100,000 votes), making the senate 50-50 right now.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Last edited by Corpse on Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Defeats all expectations

Groucho wrote:

Clinton got 3 million more votes in the end, even though she was the status quo candidate in an open-seat election and was deeply disliked by many on the left for being an establishment/corporate hack, especially with the Wikileaks leak.

There has to be a way to strategize in gender politics. Dem leaders can be with women and at the same time do not antagonize men. Highlighting Kavanaugh's record of being dishonest and hiding his judicial views would help make the case for demanding more vetting done in the sexual assault claims. Some measured use of words would help, like including both men and women in describing victims of sexual assaults. Propaganda media like Fox would still have their attack dogs go after you. But their framing would not be as effective.

Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 pm
Extraordinary

Jedi Master Carr wrote:
Groucho wrote:

I agree and if young people voted we wouldn't be in this position. I hoping it influences people to vote.

Agreed. The problem is us older folk (generally). We need young people to vote in equal numbers percentage-wise as the older ones. That's when you'll see real change.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Corpse wrote:
We got 1,476 high school seniors to register in our northern West Virginia (WV-1)/southern Pennsylvania (PA-14, PA-17) voter registration drive versus just 893 two years ago.

These are the sort of districts that matter the most, because had these areas just had a somewhat stronger turnout in 2016, for example, McGinty may have unseated Toomey (who won by just 100,000 votes), making the senate 50-50 right now.

I'm still bitter at the national Democratic party about that. Here in PA, I supported Sestak for Senator, who was polling better than McGinty and who I thought was a much better candidate but Schumer and the national Democrats used democratic money to support her in the primary. And then we lost to Toomey.

So never give any money to the party. Always donate to the candidate.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Lost to Toomey twice, and by less than 100,000 votes both times, in 2010 (-80,229) and 2016 (-86,690)... It's a Senate seat that Democrats really should have been capable of securing by now.

I believe Democrats just need to focus more on the rural areas of PA moving forward, and that's why our drive focused on the moderately populated southwest counties bordering/near Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) in the state this year.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

Stay red PA! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 pm
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:

Only for Tomey, the other seat will go blue this year. Casey has a huge lead.

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

zwackerm wrote:

We have a completely blue executive branch with what some call "the most liberal governor in America." Gerrymandering gives us too many Republican congress members but the Court required the maps redrawn and that will change with this election.

PA is a purple state that mostly votes blue with a few exceptions

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Just watched Megyn Kelly for the first time ever. No idea what political persuasion she is, but she is often mentioned regarding politics. I like her. Her show reminds me of the UK female show, Loose Women.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:33 am
Hold the door!

Algren wrote:
Just watched Megyn Kelly for the first time ever. No idea what political persuasion she is, but she is often mentioned regarding politics. I like her. Her show reminds me of the UK female show, Loose Women.

I believe she is an anti Trump conservative.

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 2221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 89  Next