Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Debate Discussion 
College Boy T

Post Debate Discussion
I don't want things getting wild, so I'm sticky-ing this for tonight only. Here you can discuss anything related to the presidential debates.

Remember to catch the debate at 9:00 EST tonight. It'll be the final one.

Last edited by torrino on Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:49 pm
Forum General

I can't wait!!!!! IM hoping Kerry will bury bush like he has done in the previous two debates

Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:50 pm
I'm Batman

1st debate:Kerry wins in a landslide
2nd debate:Bush improves and ends up tying
3rd debate:Bush wins in landslide???

Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:11 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:14 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Foreign Affairs is not Kerry's strong point. I think Kerry will do very well, as Domestic issues is his strong point, and in the polls he leads in MOST all of the issues. I think that Stem Cell research will be very important subject today also.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

hoping that Bush stays strong like last week who knows...please oh please bring up illegal immigration....yet we still wont see it :?

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

hoping that Bush stays strong like last week who knows...please oh please bring up illegal immigration....yet we still wont see it :?

Bush was strong last week, but Kerry still won IMO.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

1st- Kerry Won
2nd- Tied but leaning towards Bush
3rd- I think another strong debate but someone will fall flat on their face at the end

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I PERSONALLY think that Kerry is winning this one. Bush looks like hes about to EXPLODE!!!

Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Speed Racer

I PERSONALLY think that Kerry is winning this one. Bush looks like hes about to EXPLODE!!!

MMMM HMMMMMM

I dont tink so!

Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

This was a bit closer...well not really....Kerry won this one hands down. How many times can Bush possibly ignore a question??

Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:02 pm
George A. Romero

This was a bit closer...well not really....Kerry won this one hands down. How many times can Bush possibly ignore a question??

i agree, bush is a moron. kerry won this one.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:03 pm
Teenage Dream

I didin't watch it. After the first debate, the two candidates have just said the same thing over and over again and flat out dodged the really tough questions.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:04 pm
College Boy T

I think it's obvious how much advanced Kerry's style is. Bush wasn't confident, stuttered, and often changed the question. Kerry didn't always directly answer the question, but he was much more open.

Also, I'm getting sick of Bush going out of his way to attack Kerry's record. Thankfully, this is the last one. *refers to avatar*

Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:34 pm
George A. Romero

I think it's obvious how much advanced Kerry's style is. Bush wasn't confident, stuttered, and often changed the question. Kerry didn't always directly answer the question, but he was much more open.

Also, I'm getting sick of Bush going out of his way to attack Kerry's record. Thankfully, this is the last one. *refers to avatar*

yeah, i'm tired of the debates. nothing but bush incoherence and rambling.

Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:55 pm
rustiphica

Here's comes the conservative point of view!

The 3 debates this year were quite a disappointment to me for both candidates. Kerry showed zero emotion while Bush had trouble putting words together (especially the first debate). Kerry won the first debate but didn't seem to connect with the crowd because he just stands there and can't even break a smile. All the botox on his face makes for no emotions to be visible except for boredom. Bush in the first debate knew what his issues were but just didn't prepare for it all. He stopped to think about it for too long, stuttered and just couldn't keep up. The second debate I think Bush won though it was close. Dubya was on his heels and he was ready for this one. He knew exactly what to say and what had to be said. Kerry on the otherhand played it safe like every other time you see him on TV and again showed barely any emotion but he did try to show some this time around. The third debate is pretty mixed for me. I'm leaning towards a Kerry win yet I want to say tied because once again Kerry showed 0 emotion. Even less then the first debate (and that's pretty darn hard to do :wink:). Bush knew what had to be said and barely studdered yet he paused several times to think things over (at least he wasn't saying Ummmmmm between every thinking pause).

Here's what rusty has to say: Bush will win the election in a very close race only because of Nader stealing some of Kerry's votes. I don't think there will be one very long recount like there was in 2000 but the democrats will bitch and moan for a while because of Dubya going another 4 years.

Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:48 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Just as the Australian election ...the conservatives won 52% to 48% so this is how its going to be in America...Bush will win but not by a lot...by a very small margine like 52% to 48%

Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Just as the Australian election ...the conservatives won 52% to 48% so this is how its going to be in America...Bush will win but not by a lot...by a very small margine like 52% to 48%

And it's all gonna be nader's fault for the liberal loss :D

Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:30 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Coasterman2002 wrote:

very sad and very true :?

Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

rusty wrote:
Coasterman2002 wrote:

:lol: great isn't it :lol:

Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:02 pm
Commander and Chef

I can't believe AL Gore missed all 3 debates ... hmph!

Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

What? What you talkin aboot willis?

Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:29 pm
The Incredible Hulk

And where was Ross Perot?!?! 8)

Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Coasterman2002 wrote:
rusty wrote:
Coasterman2002 wrote:

:lol: great isn't it :lol:

But we have the very fun Electoral College!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]