Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 91  Next
 Last game you played? 

Which is your favorite Mario game?
Super Mario Bros 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario Bros 3 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Super Mario World 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario 64 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario RPG 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Mario Kart 64 (or others) 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Mario Party (or others) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Paper Mario (original or Thousand Year Door) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Sunshine 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mario Kart: Double Dash 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Galaxy 2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Super Mario Odyssey 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Last game you played? 
Don't Dream It, Be It

Post Re: Last game you played?
Tales of Symphonia

I'll never get tired of playing it.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Just started playing a couple of days and very much enjoyed it. This is all about arcade style fighting, and the actions are incredibly fun to watch. Each character has its distinct moves, strengths and weaknesses.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:02 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

I'll be buying that one after I finish up some of my other games. I still need to "beat" Pokemon SoulSilver and Pokemon HeartGold, I still haven't completed New Super Mario Bros., Phantom Brave hasn't been touched for several weeks, and I'm still near the beginning of Mario and Luigi 3. Trying to make up for a pathetic 2009, but getting behind with Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid, and others just around the corner.

Have you tried Online Mode, xiayun?

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

xiayun wrote:
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Just started playing a couple of days and very much enjoyed it. This is all about arcade style fighting, and the actions are incredibly fun to watch. Each character has its distinct moves, strengths and weaknesses.

That's a pretty fun game. I like the woman with the two goons helping her out.... (dunno her name but I think she's a Tatsunoko character).

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Captain Corpse wrote:
Have you tried Online Mode, xiayun?

Haven't yet. Just playing against the computer for now to get my feet wet and know the characters.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Captain Corpse wrote:

Yeah her. It's pretty hilarious the stuff her goons go through.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:06 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Deadly Premonition (Xbox 360) - Essentially Grand Theft Auto meets Silent Hill - if it were made in the mid 90's. Way below par in both graphics and game mechanics, but it's so intentionally campy and bizarre that it is oddly appealing. It'll be interesting to see whether the appealing aspects can continue to make me look past all the crappy issues so that I can make it through the 20 hour story. And, if so, it'll be even more interesting to try to assign a grade to it.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:06 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Yakuza 3 - Pretty fun game with average graphics. Too bad the version they released for the US is heavily edited with alot of missing sidequests. Quite open ended for a japanese game. Grade:B/B+

Just Cause 2 - Reviews are decent but I just somehow couldnt really get into the game despite sandboxes being my favorite genre. I dont know what it is but maybe it has more to with 95% of the areas being jungles and mountains.

Splinter Cell Conviction - The single player campaign was quite enjoyable but too short. I have yet to try the co-op mode but still my favorite stealth games are Assasin's Creed and Thief. Grade:B+

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:48 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

El Murato wrote:
Just Cause 2 - Reviews are decent but I just somehow couldnt really get into the game despite sandboxes being my favorite genre. I dont know what it is but maybe it has more to with 95% of the areas being jungles and mountains.

The demo seemed fun, but I only farted around with it for a few minutes... the grappling hook definitely seems like the main draw. I was kind of hoping that they solved the "mostly boring jungle" problem. I'll be disappointed if it's as you say.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:13 pm
Extraordinary

Well, i prefer jungle (and desert & snowy terrain etc) to boring city. Not that i have played Just Cause 2...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm
Arrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!

Believe me. You wouldnt want the game to be set in the jungle all the time. Thats how it felt. I prefer live cities over jungles because the whole area feels more alive than empty. I've finished all sandbox games that I started except for Dr3er and Just Cause. I dont know if I want to finish Just Cause 2

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 pm
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Finished Deadly Premonition a few days ago, and while it took a bit to get past the mostly shitty visuals (character models were decent-ish), it was a very good game. It might be the 2nd greatest game that was $19.99 new (NFL 2K5 is #1).

Definitely has a few flaws, but none completely break the game and the story and characters were really good... quite engrossing and kept my interest for the full 20 hours of the main story. I can't bring myself to give it quite an "A", but it's a solid A- in my book.

Sun May 02, 2010 2:09 am
A very honest-hearted fellow

TonyMontana wrote:
Finished Brutal Legend. Tough game to rate. I hated... HATED... the stage battles (RTS parts), and pretty much the entire last 1/2 of the game was drive to a spot on the map and engage in a stage battle. A person who likes RTS games will probably feel differently, although I have trouble believing that BL was a good RTS game as they go. Halo Wars (also not my thing), was at least a lot more intuitive.

Outside of the game mechanics, the story and characters were good and kept me slogging through RTS parts, which really says something about how good that aspect was, because I have never finished an RTS game before. The music was good too.

I was iffy on the environment. It often felt like more of a pain to get from point A to point B and it didn't really make me want to explore it. In the end, I'd give the game a C+ just for the story and characters alone. It was an engaging game from that aspect.

I just rented this game. Although I like RTS games, I find it incredibly difficult in the stage battles to tell who is on my team and therefore who to attack. Another problem might be with the lack of a keyboard. I still like the game and the "metal" elements are pretty cool as are the lead characters. The secondary missions are also extremely repetitive. They simply entail ambushing bad guys and fighting them off.

I liked the game more when it was sort of an adventure style hack and slash style game.

Mon May 10, 2010 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Caius wrote:
I liked the game more when it was sort of an adventure style hack and slash style game.

It simply should have never been an RTS... that was a weird decision to make it that way. I would have loved the game if it was a hack 'n slash adventure.

BL might be #1 on my list of games that I wanted to love, but just couldn't.

Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 pm
100% That Bitch

GOW III.- Best.Graphics.Ever.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat May 22, 2010 5:04 pm
Extraordinary

Football Manager 2010: still as addictive as ever.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-

Thu May 27, 2010 6:38 pm
Profile WWW

I just finished Mass Effect 2 finally last night. Best RPG series I've personally played so far. Final Fantasy is great but this one is epic.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:18 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Mass Effect 2 was one of the few RPGs I really liked, but it seems like the line between RPG and a non-stupid game (this is what I call non-RPG's) is blurring.

I think I'm changing my definition of RPGs to be only goofy Japanese games with guys that look like girls and turn based combat.

ME2 was more like Gears of War but with slightly more talking. So, I'm officially stripping ME of its RPG status so I can feel good about liking it.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:14 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Monster Hunter Tri

If you have a Wii, get it.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

As usual I'm a few years behind on the games. I finished The Simpsons Game a few days ago. Probably the funniest game I've ever played. But the controls and the camera is some of the worst I've ever seen.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

The Simpsons game was good for a TV show tie in. I've actually liked the last 3 Simpsons games fairly well (the two on the Xbox and one on the 360) .... hopefully they make another one soon!

Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:36 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Blur - Eh... not really feeling this one. Mario Kart in a realistic world is interesting, but the game is kind of lacking. I find the power ups to be fairly lame... they needed to be more original or bad-ass. Nearly all of them have been done better by other games. The graphics are ok, but have been done better. The racing control is competent. The game needs more diversity, and it gets repetitive quickly... as well as being a little on the difficult side. Disappointing.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:59 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

Assassin's Creed. How did this game ever become such a huge seller? It has terrible controls, boring missions and sidequests, and I positively fucking loathe riding a horse for 10 minutes to get to the next fucking city. It would be easier if the map had a cursor indicating what direction I am heading in, instead of a fucking equilateral triangle which is absolutely zero help.

Go in this
Image direction. Well, that ain't fucking helpful. Is the arrow pointing up or down and left or down and right?

(I was only playing for achievement whoring purposes, but even that could not get me past the first 85 achievements). I also hate hate hate the wake-up, walk to your bed, then walk back to the dream-state, story-points because there are simple excuses for very long load times and more unresponsive controls.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Splinter Cell Conviciton - I used to love this series on the Original Xbox, but I just don't like the changes they've made to the series since. It's so much less about sneaking around and stealth, and becoming more combat oriented. Less nighttime/dark fun stuff and more daytime. No body hiding. Less sneak and strangle the guards stuff.

Heck, this game even has had one level so far that I swore was taken from COD:MW. A straight up "warfare in Iraq" level... that's not the Splinter Cell I used to love!

It's not bad, and I'll probably finish it, but man... that's a far cry from how I used to think of the series.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 2269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 91  Next