Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Brad's going straight to heaven 
Wall-E

Post Brad's going straight to heaven

ONE Campaign travels to Africa with Brad Pitt!

Last week, the ONE campaign traveled across Africa on a “listening and learning” expedition with Hollywood actor Brad Pitt. The trip was organized by DATA and started off in South Africa by visiting AIDS orphans and people living with HIV in Soweto and in the rural community of Qwa Qwa. From there we traveled north to Ethiopia and spent a few days in Addis Ababa learning about how poverty and disease are affecting the people of this country.

“I’ve just spent a wonderful week traveling this beautiful continent, listening to the people and learning about the AIDS crisis, the extreme poverty in which people live and how people in America can help by joining The ONE Campaign to fight global AIDS and poverty,” Pitt said.

slideshow of photos

BTW: Brad's always had a great rep for his benevolence and he always puts his money where his mouth is, so I really don't care how much money they pay him per picture. He puts his bread to good use. (So does Tom Cruse for that matter. )

Last edited by wertham on Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

wow.. Brad is indeed stepping up. I never knew him to be a humanitarian.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:44 am
Profile WWW
Wall-E

wow.. Brad is indeed stepping up. I never knew him to be a humanitarian.

Yup. And you know, this might just be the perfect solution for people in the "entertainment industry" who want to get "involved" without getting mixed up in politics... which apparently backfired on a lot (if not all) liberals who supported teh Kerry campaign. Probably more prudent to invest their time and money in causes such as these.

Ever notice: It's almost always the liberal "celebrities," like Paul Newman, Streisand, Redford, Poitier, Clooney, Cruse, etc.

BTW: By all accounts, Brando gave an insane amount of cash to UNICEF (on the QT, of course). Man, that cat coulda kept a whole village well-fed on what his spent on Oreo ice-cream alone! :shock:

Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

I have to say I was very impressed with Brad Pitt when somebody interviewed him just after 9/11 and he started talking about how sorrowful and confused he was, and started talking about philosophy and deep meaning-of-life type stuff, on camera. Good for him. :cool:

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Wall-E

Good for him. :cool:

Brad Pitt is most definitely going to get a warm reception from St Peter on That day

Dubya? Well, let's just say his seat of DIShonour in Purgatory is being prepared as we speak:

Quote:
U.S. Suggests AIDS Fund Delay Grants

By MARC LACEY
The New York Times

The Bush administration says that because too little money is coming into the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, and too little is being disbursed and spent, that the three-year-old program ought to take a break from issuing grants.

A decision on the postponement will be made later this week in Arusha, Tanzania, where the Global Fund's board is meeting. Tommy G. Thompson, the secretary of health and human services and the current chairman of the fund, is pushing for a delay in giving a fifth round of grants.

"Let's get the financial house in order before we make new obligations," said an official of the Bush administration, which some activists pressing for more money to fight AIDS say prefers to direct American taxpayer dollars to its own program to fight AIDS, the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, than to the Global Fund, which was founded by the United Nations.

Those critics say that the American position will cost lives, and that delaying the grants will take pressure off donor countries to step up their giving. In the previous round, they said, the donors did not begin to commit money until after the grant process was well under way.

Dante ascends out of the undergloom to the Mountain of Purgatory on the far side of the world (in Dante's time, it was believed that Hell existed underneath Jerusalem).

[The initial parts of the book describe the shore of Purgatory (Cantos 1-2) and its slopes, where those who were excommunicated, those too lazy to repent and those who repented just before death await their turn to ascend the mountain (Cantos 3-6). Finally, there is a valley housing European rulers and the door to Purgatory (Cantos 7-9).]

From there, Virgil guides Dante Pilgrim through the seven terraces of Purgatory. These correspond to the seven deadly sins, with each terrace causing the purging of a particular sin:

Pride (Cantos 10-12).
Envy (Cantos 13-15).
Wrath (Cantos 15-17).
Sloth (Cantos 18-19).
Avarice (Cantos 19-21).
Gluttony (Cantos 22-24).
Lust (Cantos 25-27).

Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

Dante ascends out of the undergloom to the Mountain of Purgatory on the far side of the world (in Dante's time, it was believed that Hell existed underneath Jerusalem). [/unquote]

Who's to say it doesn't? :wink:

No representation is made opinions expressed are better than others. MSRP. WAC. Limited Time. Some Restrictions Apply. All Rights Reserved. Not FDA approved. Results not typical. Close cover before striking. Mileage may vary. Void where prohibited.

Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]