Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Urban Legends 
You must have big rats

Post Urban Legends
Well, I guess you all know what Urban Legends are. I have always liked reading them, I even bought a book with Urban Legends a while ago. Some of them are just funny, while others are somwhat creepy.

Here is one that I like:

The Cocain Legend

When Nathan Radlich's house was burgled, thieves left his TV, his VCR, and even left his watch. What they did take was "generic white cardboard box filled with greyish-white powder." (That at least is the way the police described it.) A spokesman for the Fort Lauderdale police said "that it looked similar to cocaine and they'd probably thought they'd hit the big time." Then Nathan stood in front of the TV cameras and pleaded with the burglars: "Please return the cremated remains of my sister, Gertrude. She died three years ago."
Well, the next morning, the bullet-riddled corpse of a drug dealer known as Hoochie Pevens was found on Nathan's doorstep. The cardboard box was there too; about half of Gertrude's ashes remained. And there was this note. It said: "Hoochie sold us the bogus blow, so we wasted Hoochie. Sorry we snorted your sister. No hard feelings. Have a nice day."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know any good ones or maybe you have heard any from your friends/relatives? :)

Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

This one's a little gross so I'm warning you...

Several years ago when I was living in Oklahoma City I heard about a local business owner who was very famous and had been taken to the emergency room at a local hospital. He had a gerbil in a plastic bag in his butt! I don't remember the exact name for this fun activity, but many people swore this story was true. He had this inserted for pleasure and then couldn't get it out. I actually believed the story until I heard the same thing about Richard Gere shortly after that. :oops:

I love urban legends. Now, when I hear an outlandish story, I go on different urban legends websites to see if it's one that's making the rounds in the USA.

Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Go to http://snopes.com -- it's the Urban Legends page! They list them all, and then research them to see if there is any truth behind them! It's a great site, and I visit it all the time. Lots of fun.

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:13 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Richard Gere stuck a gerbil up his ass????? :shock:

Is Troy McClure from the simpsons based on him?

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:15 pm
Veteran

I heard this one from someone that heard about it on the radio. I tried to find it on websites to see if it was true but couldn't. The DJ said it was true, but doesn't everyone swear these things are true?

One day an extremely obese woman was making a tuna fish sandwich but dropped it. Though she searched (desperately, I'm cetain) she couldn't find it. Days later she went to the doctor because she was having pain in her side. When he examined her, he discovered the tune fish sandwich had become trapped between two rolls of fat on her side. It had become moldy and actually attached itself to her skin.

Now that is truly disgusting, huh? It sounds unbelievable, but I guess if someone was really obese and lacked good hygiene, it's possible! :shock:

Anyone else ever heard this one?

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

I've heard of that one todd but it's totally fake. It's pretty impossible for a sandwich to go unnoticed on a body. And who makes a sandwich naked?

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:28 pm
life begins now

Was she naked when she was making it or something? :shock:

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:31 pm
Profile YIM
Veteran

I've heard of that one todd but it's totally fake. It's pretty impossible for a sandwich to go unnoticed on a body. And who makes a sandwich naked?

Maybe an extremely fat woman? I was pretty sure it was fake, but it's still fun to tell!

As for Richard Gere and the gerbil, I'm sure that didn't happen. Many times the urban legend will vary slightly from the original and include a celebrity. Ever hear the one about Rod Stewart (sometimes Elton John) collapsing during a concert and having to get his stomach pumped?

Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

rusty wrote:

Maybe an extremely fat woman? I was pretty sure it was fake, but it's still fun to tell!

As for Richard Gere and the gerbil, I'm sure that didn't happen. Many times the urban legend will vary slightly from the original and include a celebrity. Ever hear the one about Rod Stewart (sometimes Elton John) collapsing during a concert and having to get his stomach pumped?

I have heard that same thing, but about lil kim. They had to pump seamen out ofer her stomach...I dont believe it.

Does anyone remember the rumor that "screech" from saved by the bell died of a drug overdose, and that he was related to one of the guys from the beastie boys.

There was also a rumor(not really a legend) that went around louisville, that nelly died. Word was that he died during a video shoot. It got so much controversy, people were calling into radio stations and MTV and everything. Eventually, that night on Carson Daily's radio show, he told everyone to stop calling, that nelly did not die.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:11 am
Veteran

Atoddr wrote:
rusty wrote:

I have heard that same thing, but about lil kim. They had to pump seamen out ofer her stomach...I dont believe it.

Bingo. That's the same one. These things seem to run in cycles, usually updated with new people.

Ever hear that Marilyn Manson is really Fred Savage's friend on Wonder Years? I don't remember his name on the show.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

^ LOL, that Marilyn Manson one was on "I Love The" what ever year that was on VH1.
Urban Legends... Aw man there's so many and I forgot em all. :P There was one back when I was in the 6th grade that these group of girls would... do stuff in bathrooms during recess. Don't wanna get into that.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:23 am
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Atoddr wrote:
rusty wrote:

Bingo. That's the same one. These things seem to run in cycles, usually updated with new people.

Ever hear that Marilyn Manson is really Fred Savage's friend on Wonder Years? I don't remember his name on the show.

It was the wonder years....and yes I heard it.

Heard the one of marylin removing a rib so he could give himself oral pleasures

Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:52 am
Veteran

One of my favorites is one my mother told me a few years ago. It was about a college student in our town who went to Padre Island, TX on spring break. He hooked up with a sexy blonde in a red convertible. Later, he woke in a bathtub packed in ice recovering from being drugged. There was a note in front of him that read "call 911....I removed your kidney". My mother swore it was true and then we found at later it wasn't, of course.

Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]