Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 1:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Do religious institutions have polling places? 
The Incredible Hulk

Post Do religious institutions have polling places?
If so, we want to write a letter concerning about it. So a bill will ban churches, synagouges, mosques, and other religious places from taking over the polling places in every election days.

Edit: Sorry for my English problems. I don't mean all polling places take place in all religious institutions. I know polling places take places everywhere (such as schools).

Last edited by teenman on Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

churches, etc. are often used as polling places because they often are the largest structure in various communities where a large number of people may gather. It's purely a functional matter and is by no means an attempt to influence how someone votes.
Your animosity towards religion is disturbing.

No representation is made opinions expressed are better than others. MSRP. WAC. Limited Time. Some Restrictions Apply. All Rights Reserved. Not FDA approved. Results not typical. Close cover before striking. Mileage may vary. Void where prohibited.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

want2write...I actually agree with NCAR on this one. The religious institutions are not "taking over" the voting. All voting is overseen by local election officials and other citizens of the community. Even if a religious leader is one of those, (s)he is not there, on that day, with a religious agenda. (S)he is just there to make sure people enter the correct voting stations, etc. Religious institutions, schools, and occasionally hospitals are some of the few places in most parts of America that are big enough to handle the steady flow of people. They're just used as big rooms, not much more.

-Dolce

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:56 pm
Commander and Chef

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
A very honest-hearted fellow

Want2write, a good SCIENTIFIC poll would not take place in a church or any other building unless they want to specefically poll the population of that church/building and draw conclusions based upon the populations of said buildings.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Angels & Demons

I have to agree with most of the above folks.

I've voted in schools, town halls, and know folks who use a church hall to vote. its just a building/space thing really.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]