Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Lets get to know each other better! 
Angels & Demons

You just cracked me up. Yes to any tourists or visitors, it actually is incredible. Its a really nice ambience, you can get an appetizer & cocktails and just a great view of the city. A good lesson in orienting yourself, which many folks fail to do. I believe the same sculpture was up there you saw? The balanced wood beams in a cage which I believe is Goldworthy.

Those I listed are my city favorites. I've heard the American Indian museum is weak, and outside of that I want to check out some smaller ones, and maybe do some of the jazz tours they have in Queens/Brooklyn. The ones that take you through the old digs of the players and singers from the era. I think that'd be my favorite.

Outside of here I like the Wadsworth in Hartford, any and most all museums in Boston (though I haven't been to any in over a year). The Philly scene is wonderful I bet. I'm still kicking myself over an offer to move there for hardly any rent at all.

I more often check out theatre/singers, but love my favorite museums. After the dust clears from the holidays I plan on reexamining and seeing any new exhibits.

Have you done the planetarium shows at the Amer. Museum of Nat History? Pricey but amazing..

Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

Chris wrote:
Male or female?: Male
Where r u from?: Cincinnati. Ohio USA
Hobbies: movies, sports, music, tv

Hi Chris

Hey! How are you today?

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:07 pm
Profile YIM
Extraordinary

Dolce -

You just cracked me up. Yes to any tourists or visitors, it actually is incredible. Its a really nice ambience, you can get an appetizer & cocktails and just a great view of the city. A good lesson in orienting yourself, which many folks fail to do. I believe the same sculpture was up there you saw? The balanced wood beams in a cage which I believe is Goldworthy...

Those I listed are my city favorites. I've heard the American Indian museum is weak, and outside of that I want to check out some smaller ones, and maybe do some of the jazz tours they have in Queens/Brooklyn. The ones that take you through the old digs of the players and singers from the era. I think that'd be my favorite.

I more often check out theatre/singers, but love my favorite museums. After the dust clears from the holidays I plan on reexamining and seeing any new exhibits.

Have you done the planetarium shows at the Amer. Museum of Nat History? Pricey but amazing..

You would love Chicago if you're into checking out the history of Jazz and Blues. If you ever go, the old Capone speakeasy uptown is actually exactly what I'm sure you have in your mind already, and has excellent jazz all the time, as well as a poetry and music night on Sundays and Big Band on Wednesdays.

Natural History, yes. My favorite one is still in Berlin though. Its smaller so you really can't run and hide from all the content of the *jars.* In the U.S. I like New York better than Chicago's Field Museum. But those are the only two I've been to except for Peabody Museum of Harvard. Peabody is probably my fave.

-Dolce

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:01 pm
You must have big rats

Of course I should have figured it earlier, but it just kind of hit me right now...you like going to museums! So do I, very much so. Just wanted to say that. :)

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Appy wrote:
Chris wrote:
Male or female?: Male
Where r u from?: Cincinnati. Ohio USA
Hobbies: movies, sports, music, tv

Hi Chris

Hey! How are you today?

i'm good.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:29 pm