Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Homosexual Parents 
From the article

Estimates of the number of teens living with same-sex parents are hard to come by. As of 1990, 6 million to 14 million children were living with a gay or lesbian parent, says the National Adoption Information Clearinghouse, a service of the U.S. Administration for Children and Families ...
The study sample included 44 children, 12 to 18 years old, parented by same-sex couples and an equivalent number of peers with opposite-sex parents. The two groups had an equal number of girls and boys and other similarities, including ethnic background, family income, and parents' level of education.

How in the world can anyone say this is a scientifically relevant and statistically significant study with such a small sample? This is like reaching into a 55-gallon drum of M&M's, pulling out two and saying all the M&M's must be those two colors!

But hey it makes for great PC and liberal agenda-pushing headlines. :roll:

I must've missed the part about 88 participants. That definitely casts a shadow on the study, but does not necessarily invalidate its findings.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:59 pm
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
Rod wrote:

Well, that's the problem, lol, I don't understand at all.

I mean I know they maybe truly believe it is better for a child to live in a stable home with a female and male parent...but it's not like gay couples are taking those kids who ARE in STABLE straight households away.

I'll play the devil's advocate:

If children are allowed to grow up with gay parents, then we'll have more gay children, who are also immoral and unruly.

Ill play! :D ~~

Prove it

I don't have to! It's common knowledge.

Oh, and also, I'll make sure to vote for a legislature who will make sure that gays cannot adopt children.

NYAH!

A) It's not common knowledge, If you cannot support your argument in any way than you lost this argument(even if you are playing devils advocate :D )

If you're trying to make a claim that goes against the current mindset, then YOU are the one that has to prove it.

What I stated IS in fact, common knowledge, as evidenced by most opinion polls. It may not be true, though (and probably isn't).

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:01 pm
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
Rod wrote:

Well, that's the problem, lol, I don't understand at all.

I mean I know they maybe truly believe it is better for a child to live in a stable home with a female and male parent...but it's not like gay couples are taking those kids who ARE in STABLE straight households away.

I'll play the devil's advocate:

If children are allowed to grow up with gay parents, then we'll have more gay children, who are also immoral and unruly.

Ill play! :D ~~

Prove it

I don't have to! It's common knowledge.

Oh, and also, I'll make sure to vote for a legislature who will make sure that gays cannot adopt children.

NYAH!

A) It's not common knowledge, If you cannot support your argument in any way than you lost this argument(even if you are playing devils advocate :D )

If you're trying to make a claim that goes against the current mindset, then YOU are the one that has to prove it.

What I stated IS in fact, common knowledge, as evidenced by most opinion polls. It may not be true, though (and probably isn't).

Hmmm let me get this straight. YOu said gay's should adopt because they will grow up gay, however your basis and backing for his belief is opinion polls? :lol: Good thing your reallly dont believe this krem

BUT, I could prove that wrong with the statement and fact that heterosexual parents dont always raise Straight kids. Religious couple dont always raise religious kids...ect ect...

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:09 pm

Hmmm let me get this straight. YOu said gay's should adopt because they will grow up gay, however your basis and backing for his belief is opinion polls? :lol: Good thing your reallly dont believe this krem

No, I said that YOU are the one who has to prove your position, since you are making a claim that goes against public opinion.

lovemerox wrote:
BUT, I could prove that wrong with the statement and fact that heterosexual parents dont always raise Straight kids. Religious couple dont always raise religious kids...ect ect...

You'd have to look at the statistics of straught parents vs. gay parents raising gay children. This is what I thought the study you linked did, but it turns out their sample size was 44, which is laughable.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:12 pm
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

No, I said that YOU are the one who has to prove your position, since you are making a claim that goes against public opinion.

lovemerox wrote:

You'd have to look at the statistics of straught parents vs. gay parents raising gay children. This is what I thought the study you linked did, but it turns out their sample size was 44, which is laughable.

Krem, Cmon, I have to support my opinion because the public supposedly, thinks gay parents will raise gay kids? That is not a sold attempt at an argument. Im asking you why you think this way. Why do you think gay parents will raise gay kids?

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:40 pm
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

lovemerox wrote:

Krem, Cmon, I have to support my opinion because the public supposedly, thinks gay parents will raise gay kids? That is not a sold attempt at an argument. Im asking you why you think this way. Why do you think gay parents will raise gay kids?

I already told you: gay parenting=gay kids. Gay by osmosis.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:45 pm
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

lovemerox wrote:

I already told you: gay parenting=gay kids. Gay by osmosis.

:lol: :lol: OMG IM LAUGHING SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!!
Osmosis?? are you serious? Osmosis-movement of a solvent through a semipermeable membrane (as of a living cell) into a solution of higher solute concentration that tends to equalize the concentrations of solute on the two sides of the membrane.

So unless two men can have a child(and this def would still be a bit off to try and apply) your argument dosent really hold up.
Shot down
Try again? :D

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:49 pm
Osmosis?? are you serious? Osmosis-movement of a solvent through a semipermeable membrane (as of a living cell) into a solution of higher solute concentration that tends to equalize the concentrations of solute on the two sides of the membrane.

So unless two men can have a child(and this def would still be a bit off to try and apply) your argument dosent really hold up.
Shot down

Umm, next time don't be so eager to accept the first dictionary definition you come across, mkay?

2 : a process of absorption or diffusion suggestive of the flow of osmotic action; especially : a usually effortless often unconscious assimilation <learned a number of languages by osmosis -- Roger Kimball>

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:52 pm
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

Shot down

Umm, next time don't be so eager to accept the first dictionary definition you come across, mkay?

2 : a process of absorption or diffusion suggestive of the flow of osmotic action; especially : a usually effortless often unconscious assimilation <learned a number of languages by osmosis -- Roger Kimball>

Ok, well if you believe this then do you believe all religious parents will raise religious kids? All str8 parents will raise str8 kids? All parents who are rapists will raise kids who will rape? All parents who abuse , their kids will abuse as well?

Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:40 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

Ok, well if you believe this then do you believe all religious parents will raise religious kids? All str8 parents will raise str8 kids? All parents who are rapists will raise kids who will rape? All parents who abuse , their kids will abuse as well?

Don't use 8's.

Surely you would agree Most religous parents would raise religous kids. Most Democrat parents would raise Democrat kids. From this one might conclude that Most gay parents would raise gay kids. BTW, I have never met a gay coulpe with kids.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

Don't use 8's.

Surely you would agree Most religous parents would raise religous kids. Most Democrat parents would raise Democrat kids. From this one might conclude that Most gay parents would raise gay kids. BTW, I have never met a gay coulpe with kids.

No, you cannot assume that. That is not the case in every situation. Explain to me then why HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES "RAISE GAY KIDS"???\

p.s. 8's are great

Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:46 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

KidRock69x wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Don't use 8's.

No, you cannot assume that. That is not the case in every situation. Explain to me then why HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES "RAISE GAY KIDS"???\

p.s. 8's are great

I said most which is a "some are" statement. Meaning some religous people will raise non-relogious kids. Most will raise religous kids. My model is similar to the Social-Psychological system of voting (Michigan School) applied to the gay issue.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
KidRock69x wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Don't use 8's.

p.s. 8's are great

I said most which is a "some are" statement. Meaning some religous people will raise non-relogious kids. Most will raise religous kids. My model is similar to the Social-Psychological system of voting (Michigan School) applied to the gay issue.

OK, noone has answered my question yet. Why do heterosexual parents raise gay kids? I mean...you know since thats the way it works right

:roll:

Cmon, you guys really dont believe this shit do you?

Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:54 pm
Extraordinary

I know a kid that was raised by a single mother.He was alwaysed dressed by his mother like a little girl,and she treated him like one,and he turned out to be gay.

Now i dont belive if kids are raised by gay parents that the kids will turn out gay.But i do believe that if a parent raises their kids a certain way that the kids will grow up(most kids)up like they were raised.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

I know a kid that was raised by a single mother.He was alwaysed dressed by his mother like a little girl,and she treated him like one,and he turned out to be gay.

Now i dont belive if kids are raised by gay parents that the kids will turn out gay.But i do believe that if a parent raises their kids a certain way that the kids will grow up(most kids)up like they were raised.

SHe dressed him in dresses and skirts?

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:04 pm
Extraordinary

neo_wolf wrote:

Yeah,The guy is one of my best friends.we have been friends since we were 8,so im used to him being a drag queen. :lol:

Also,just like if a kid is raised christian,muslim,atheist then most when they grow up will be christian,muslim,atheist like they were raised.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
neo_wolf wrote:

Yeah,The guy is one of my best friends.we have been friends since we were 8,so im used to him being a drag queen. :lol:

Also,just like if a kid is raised christian,muslim,atheist then most when they grow up will be christian,muslim,atheist like they were raised.

Ok, but should we not allow kids to be raised by muslim parents because most christians think it is the wrong faith? Should we not allow single mothers who have sex outside of marriage raise kids bc it is a "sin" according to t he Christian religion?
There is no basis for the argument "gay parents will always raise gay kids" Its an IGNORANT argument, and even if it were true, which it isnt, why does it matter?

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:15 pm
Extra on the Ordinary

The things is Muslims, Catholics, Democrats, DO Raise their kids to be that way. They teach them certain values and beliefs, and most kids believe their parents and stick to those beliefs.

I have never heard of a gay couple who raises their kids to be gay, and tell them that's the natural/right way to go when they're old. (Though to be honest, I dodn't think it would make a differnce if they did)

Best Actress 2008

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

The things is Muslims, Catholics, Democrats, DO Raise their kids to be that way. They teach them certain values and beliefs, and most kids believe their parents and stick to those beliefs.

I have never heard of a gay couple who raises their kids to be gay, and tell them that's the natural/right way to go when they're old. (Though to be honest, I dodn't think it would make a differnce if they did)

Good point.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:21 pm
life begins now

I think religion and politics are totally different than sexual preference. Parents raise their kids to follow that religion or those political beliefs, or no religion at all if they are atheist, and for the most part the kids grow up to follow the same religion and poltical views, with exceptions, which there will always be. But sexuality, on the other hand, is different. Someone can choose to be a certain religion or belong to a certain political party, whereas they can't choose their sexuality. Even if gay parents raise their child to be that way, there comes a time when that child chooses for himself or herself what is right for them.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:24 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I think religion and politics are totally different than sexual preference. Parents raise their kids to follow that religion or those political beliefs, or no religion at all if they are atheist, and for the most part the kids grow up to follow the same religion and poltical views, with exceptions, which there will always be. But sexuality, on the other hand, is different. Someone can choose to be a certain religion or belong to a certain political party, whereas they can't choose their sexuality. Even if gay parents raise their child to be that way, there comes a time when that child chooses for himself or herself what is right for them.

Damn, good points coming from all around! :shock:

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:26 pm
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Shot down

You're hurting your own case here.

It's a well-documented fact that children of religious parents are more likely to be religious; children who grow up in abusive households are more likely to become abusive themselves.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:45 pm
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Krem wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Shot down

You're hurting your own case here.

It's a well-documented fact that children of religious parents are more likely to be religious; children who grow up in abusive households are more likely to become abusive themselves.

You may be correct on the first one, but you are wrong on the second one its not that simple....Even still, it isnt always the case for either.

WHY DO HETEROSEXUAL PARENTS RAISE GAY KIDS!!!!?????
Nobody will answer the question! :D

Last edited by lovemerox on Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:46 pm

OK, noone has answered my question yet. Why do heterosexual parents raise gay kids? I mean...you know since thats the way it works right

:roll:

My "devil's advocate" argument was that gay parents are more likely to raise gay children than straight parents. It wasn't that "gay parents only raise gay children and straight parents only raise straight children".

lovemerox wrote:
Cmon, you guys really dont believe this shit do you?

I don't, but that doesn't mean others are as 'understanding' as I am.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:48 pm
Ok, but should we not allow kids to be raised by muslim parents because most christians think it is the wrong faith? Should we not allow single mothers who have sex outside of marriage raise kids bc it is a "sin" according to t he Christian religion?
There is no basis for the argument "gay parents will always raise gay kids" Its an IGNORANT argument, and even if it were true, which it isnt, why does it matter?

It SHOULDN'T matter, just like being atheists shouldn't matter. However, to some people it does, as they feel being gay is not 'normal'.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next