Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 10:05 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 1st Semi-Annual WoKJ Poster Awards. 
Extraordinary

matatonio wrote:
how about sexiest poster? :)

hehe Im with ya on that

Why? Cause you and Mark would be duking it out for the title? Yes. I guess that's as good a reason as any. :wink:

-Dolce

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:56 pm
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
So are we actually cutting down some of the catagories?

Definitely. Because of two reasons mostly:

1. Too many categories don't inspire people to vote. I know that for sure as when I organized the wards last time and PMed some big posters asking them to vote they said that it is just too much work.

2. This is the nature of the awards that things keep changing each time and it is also much more work counting the votes than one would ever imagine. If you don't believe me, ask Ripper. I am sure she still remembers our endless counting and recounting. ;)

Rusty=I'm Lost

So do we have an official new list yet? I think I've heard enough comments about going out with Weirdest, Comic Book to get those out. Also, add "Best Thread" and I have no idea what else has been decided. i am leaning towards keeping Best Newbie and reserving it for non ex-BOMers to give them a little recognition. There are same great new members here like Appy and Driveaway that might get a bit lost amongst all of us that already know eachother, except for Appy and desert Island, which is a shoe-in.

-Dolce

These are the poster awards and we do have the Best Thread Creator Award, so I am kinf of reluctant about adding Best Thread....As for Best Newcomers...we kind of have too few, don't way?

As for the new list, it will be up on Monday. The weekend is the busiest time at the boards, so I expect more suggestions in the course of it. On Monday, I will put up the thread with the final list and the first round shall start. :)

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

lovemerox wrote:
matatonio wrote:

hehe Im with ya on that

Why? Cause you and Mark would be duking it out for the title? Yes. I guess that's as good a reason as any. :wink:

-Dolce

hehe! its there a rule that you cant vote for your self

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:58 pm
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
matatonio wrote:

hehe Im with ya on that

-Dolce

:oops: You are to kind Dolce

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:58 pm
life begins now

lovemerox wrote:
matatonio wrote:

hehe Im with ya on that

-Dolce

I think you would be duking it out with them, Dulce. :wink:

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:00 pm
Profile YIM
Teh Mexican

dolcevita wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

1. Too many categories don't inspire people to vote. I know that for sure as when I organized the wards last time and PMed some big posters asking them to vote they said that it is just too much work.

2. This is the nature of the awards that things keep changing each time and it is also much more work counting the votes than one would ever imagine. If you don't believe me, ask Ripper. I am sure she still remembers our endless counting and recounting. ;)

Rusty=I'm Lost

So do we have an official new list yet? I think I've heard enough comments about going out with Weirdest, Comic Book to get those out. Also, add "Best Thread" and I have no idea what else has been decided. i am leaning towards keeping Best Newbie and reserving it for non ex-BOMers to give them a little recognition. There are same great new members here like Appy and Driveaway that might get a bit lost amongst all of us that already know eachother, except for Appy and desert Island, which is a shoe-in.

-Dolce

These are the poster awards and we do have the Best Thread Creator Award, so I am kinf of reluctant about adding Best Thread....As for Best Newcomers...we kind of have too few, don't way?

As for the new list, it will be up on Monday. The weekend is the busiest time at the boards, so I expect more suggestions in the course of it. On Monday, I will put up the thread with the final list and the first round shall start. :)

nonono!! best thread and best thread creator are totally different things!!
BEST THREAD of the forum!!

Forum General

dolcevita wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
matatonio wrote:

hehe Im with ya on that

-Dolce

I think you would be duking it out with them, Dulce. :wink:

I concur

You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Rusty=I'm Lost

-Dolce

But the thing is that these are Poster Awards and have the word Poster in each of the categories (well, almost), so this one kind of doesn't fit in, does it?

I'll give it a thought.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

matatonio wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Rusty=I'm Lost

-Dolce

But the thing is that these are Poster Awards and have the word Poster in each of the categories (well, almost), so this one kind of doesn't fit in, does it?

I'll give it a thought.

this is a Special Award!

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:18 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
matatonio wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Rusty=I'm Lost

-Dolce

I'll give it a thought.

Lecter, you really make things difficult.

Poster, posted - big deal. Does it really matter?

To fit your requirements, how about The poster who posted the best thread on the KJ. Name the poster and the thread.

Also as it seems that some categories have been kicked out can an updated copy of the categories be posted for an updated and final look.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Homo Dperious

I think there should be a best BO Game and/or a best BO Game host category.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:23 am
Profile ICQ
Top Poster

I think there should be a best BO Game and/or a best BO Game host category.

I second that :wink: BOYFRESH'S SIGNATURE CHALLENGE WOKJ[/url]

Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:51 am
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
lovemerox wrote:

Can the categories be posted again with any changes so they can be a final discussion about them.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:31 am
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Can the categories be posted again with any changes so they can be a final discussion about them.

No, they can't. They will be discussed behind the scenes and be a surprise for most posters.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

No, they can't. They will be discussed behind the scenes and be a surprise for most posters.

Not a surprise, just another bad Lecter choice.

Having everyone's input will allow the best questions to be asked.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

But unfortunately, I am doing the awards and you aren't :lol:

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Yes, that's the same attitude that I remember from the BOM awards.

Remember Lecter, Lecter throws a hissy fit and first holds the awards hostage then cancels them even with most users asking them to go on since they were set up.

Final after a day of Lecter's tamtrum, he gives in and goes on.

Memories.

Anyway, hopefully one day you grow up, you have lots to learn. The sucessful people use other's ideas rather than thinking that the know everything.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Remember Lecter, Lecter throws a hissy fit and first holds the awards hostage then cancels them even with most users asking them to go on since they were set up.

Memories.

Anyway, hopefully one day you grow up, you have lots to learn. The sucessful people use other's ideas rather than thinking that the know everything.

Just a reminder to you...

I think the last time I did the BOM awards, those were the most successful BOM awards in BOM history with over 80 people having sent their ballots. :)

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Memories.

I think the last time I did the BOM awards, those were the most successful BOM awards in BOM history with over 80 people having sent their ballots. :)

Ok Lecter BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.

- They had alot of votes. Granted.

- Then Lecter threw his hissy fit not caring how many people voted.

Lets hope you handle these better, you steelhanded manaic you. ( Q the Flashdance theme )

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Goldie wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
lovemerox wrote:

Memories.

Ok Lecter BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.

- They had alot of votes. Granted.

- Then Lecter threw his hissy fit not caring how many people voted.

Lets hope you handle these better, you steelhanded manaic you. ( Q the Flashdance theme )

Well, we'll see what the mods have to say to you :)

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Sorry but what is wrong with presenting the facts. I am just worried as you have a bad track record AND then you don't want others opinions.

So let the MODS tell me if I did anything wrong, I don't think I haven't broken any rules so I am interested in their replies.

In ending as I am on my ways to the movies. When you make a statement, expect a reply. There is nothing wrong with that.

If you can't stand the heat ( posting messages / making statements ), stay out of the kitchen.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Sorry but what is wrong with presenting the facts. I am just worried as you have a bad track record AND then you don't want others opinions.

So let the MODS tell me if I did anything wrong, I don't think I haven't broken any rules so I am interested in their replies.

In ending as I am on my ways to the movies. When you make a statement, expect a reply. There is nothing wrong with that.

If you can't stand the heat ( posting messages / making statements ), stay out of the kitchen.

I have a bad track record?

:lol:

Moron

Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

Goldie wrote:

I have a bad track record?

:lol:

Moron

Yeah, he wasn't the one banned from the same website seven times.

Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:15 pm
Extraordinary

Seriously...I'm going to lock this thread within the hour if y'all don't back down.

I think we're making these awards to democratic (OMG...I can't believe those words are coming out on my mouth). But really, Torri and I had some trouble with the Directors Festival for the same reason. Too much options, too many add-ins no filtering process or fixed voice. IMO, the MODs, Admin, and Awards committee should just call it tomorrow and put out the list and call it a day. It gets too confusing this way. We want this to be light and fun, and getting bogged down in these details makes the awards a painful headache instead. People will enjoy the *show* regardless of if one or two categories they hoped would be there aren't, and one or two categories they didn't like are present. We need to tighten this list and try to keep the *World* awards shorter than the infamous length of the recent *Academy* counterparts. Lets just have fun with this everyone, no need to take it too seriously.

Aren't we all going to be trashed for it anyways? I know I'll be.

-Dolce

Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:22 pm
College Boy Z

Goldie, in all fairness, you are the one provoking this war between you and Lecter now. Before, it was Lecter. It was clearly Lecter before, but he stopped. Now, it's you following him into his threads and making comments about why he is doing something or not doing something. Like Lecter did a while back, you need to stop too. You are the one who complained that Lecter always bothered you, and when he stops, you start. I think that's completely unfair, and it's not going to be tolerated.

-Zingaling

Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:47 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next