Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 1st Semi-Annual WoKJ Poster Awards. 
All Star Poster

Has this crap started yet or what? In any case i vote for myself :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
rustiphica

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:19 pm
life begins now

Chris wrote:
What if he already has and they were who he picked to run it? Ever think about that?

*Hell Freezes Over*

-Dolce

That it would, or will, or did... :?

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:33 pm
Profile YIM
life begins now

Has this crap started yet or what? In any case i vote for myself :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You can start voting on the 15th. All the rules are on the first page.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:34 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

hans wrote:

One rule should be that Chris should change, and become a liberal. You already love Shania, so your half way there in my book :wink:

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pm
life begins now

Chris wrote:
hans wrote:

One rule should be that Chris should change, and become a liberal. You already love Shania, so your half way there in my book :wink:

Hmm...interesting rule. Dunno if I like it very much, though. You are right about me loving Shania! :D

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:39 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:
Chris wrote:
hans wrote:

Hmm...interesting rule. Dunno if I like it very much, though. You are right about me loving Shania! :D

Hehe
I was just playin about that rule :wink:

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:40 pm
Homo Dperious

We should certainly have best thread. You know where I'm voting. 8)

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:40 pm
Profile ICQ
life begins now

Chris wrote:
lovemerox wrote:
Chris wrote:
hans wrote:

Hehe
I was just playin about that rule :wink:

Hehe...I know. :P

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:43 pm
Profile YIM
I just lost the game

I'd like to send out a message for my biggest competitiors in the only category in which I have a shot (Biggest Gamer): Tony and baba.

THE SOMMINATOR WILL PREVAIL.

Seriously, don't even bother. I have a whole campaign lines up for such an insignificant award.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:21 pm
rustiphica

maybe if you had more then 90 posts to go around then we'd know if you were a true gamer or not.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:14 pm
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
I agree with Goldie about the category thing but only half with the appointment of the vote counters.

Goldie, vote counting isnt easy i did them all myself last time and trust me, it was hours of work. the fact that you can only send 3 nominations should make it better. I know Jon' s done it before so I have faith in him .. or has he!?

Lecter, Goldie does bring one good point though .. I'll take your word for it on this one ... have all 3 guys commited to counting the votes?? If you say yes, thats all that matters ...

To dolcevita, Ms. Mod.

I think you are a fair person so let me summarize what I was saying.

- If it is 50 / 50. then here are the suitable categories.

-
Best USA Poster
Best Foreign Poster
Best Overall Poster

or just

-
Best Foreign Poster
Best USA Poster.

- On the voter counters, I think that they should go to the people on the boards who are contributing to them. Is it too much trouble to ask for volunteers, I just think that Lecter limited himself too thin, especially by picking his friends and not others who are more into the boards.

I am just pointing out my problems with these counters and then it is open for discussion, then the higher ups can make the decissions.

Come on, are these the best or only choices.

Jon L - the # 50 poster with 131 posts

Pimp - the # 56 poster with 99 posts

Samweis - the # 114 poster with 13 WHOLE POSTS.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

Goldie, I think post count doesn't really matter when your looking for people counting votes. All of Lecter's choices are probably dependable and good for this thing, and I'm sure he's just not picking them because of friendships or whatever.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:38 pm
Extraordinary

bABA wrote:
I agree with Goldie about the category thing but only half with the appointment of the vote counters.

Goldie, vote counting isnt easy i did them all myself last time and trust me, it was hours of work. the fact that you can only send 3 nominations should make it better. I know Jon' s done it before so I have faith in him .. or has he!?

Lecter, Goldie does bring one good point though .. I'll take your word for it on this one ... have all 3 guys commited to counting the votes?? If you say yes, thats all that matters ...

To dolcevita, Ms. Mod.

I think you are a fair person so let me summarize what I was saying.

- If it is 50 / 50. then here are the suitable categories.

-
Best USA Poster
Best Foreign Poster
Best Overall Poster

or just

-
Best Foreign Poster
Best USA Poster.

- On the voter counters, I think that they should go to the people on the boards who are contributing to them. Is it too much trouble to ask for volunteers, I just think that Lecter limited himself too thin, especially by picking his friends and not others who are more into the boards.

I am just pointing out my problems with these counters and then it is open for discussion, then the higher ups can make the decissions.

Come on, are these the best or only choices.

Jon L - the # 50 poster with 131 posts

Pimp - the # 56 poster with 99 posts

Samweis - the # 114 poster with 13 WHOLE POSTS.

Its just counters. Whoever wants to do it, go right ahead, its not exactly fun. By all means, if you are interested in shouldering the counting go ahead, and I'll thank you for it. I sure don't want to do it. As far as foreign poster, I was not disagreeing with you. I think you are right that it doesn't make sense at this stage, and while I do understand people overseas have a different film going experience (just ask Atoddr what's coming out where he lives right now lol) I don't think there are enough posters at these forums to make the distinction right now. You are right in that. What I was suggesting previously was not to make it a direct attack, and we have spoken about this already in the past. If you thought it was a bad idea, than your above arguement about splitting the posters is a perfectly valid one. Throwing accusations of king of the hill around is not.

The people that offered to count may not post much, but may be willing to spend hours counting. Power to them. I trust them whole heartedly. However, if there are more members, and this goes for all of you, who want to participate in helping this run smoothly, please, the more the merrier.

Haha. I remember the first time I pretty much stuck my head into the BOM real life forum was when bABA tried to pull this off. He had so few people that passed in their speeches, and the thing ran waaaay to long. The Europeans were in bed with the lights out before it was half over, and the West Coasters were just logging on. I think the more people that want to help this run smoother the better. Hell, I even passed in a speech for Sommie's no show at the last minute. But it was one c.o.n.f.u.s.i.n.g. event.

Um, I'm not really all that much a part of this, and plan on just participating as the bouquet presented (I'll help you exit left off the stage as well), but anyone who is interested in helping, and is 100% positive that they will be able to complete in a prompt fashion what they want to provide as a service, please send bABA (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) a om expressing your desire to help.

Thanks guys....I'll get some bottles of champaign in two weeks and start chilling them. Cava or Prossecco, which does everyone prefer?...cause I'm too cheap to get real champaign.

-Dolce

Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:43 pm
King Albert!

Best Autistic Person.
Best Person Living in Anaheim California.
Best Kirsten Dunst Avitar.
Best Crowd Reporter who works at a movie theater in California.
Best Contributer to the $50 million dollar thread.
Best Vasquez member on the forums.

I wonder who would win in these categories?

Actually, I have an problem with the weirdest poster category, it is too insulting.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:11 am
Profile WWW
King Albert!

Post Re: First Semi-Annual WOKJ Poster Awards
Dr. Lecter wrote:
I guess it is quite obvious that the number of categories shall be trimmed down. I still want to stay with 5 nominees per category, though (at least with most of them), so this way not too many people will be disappointed because they weren't even nominated.

ABOUT THE CATEGORIES:

What I need now is suggestions how we could change the categories. What do you want added, what do you think should go. Personally I strongly support the categories "Biggest TV Buff", "Biggest Comic Book Buff", "Biggest Music Buff", "Biggest Video Game Buff" and "Biggest Oscar Buff" to go, simply because the site is not big enough yet to have categories like these. I also am playing with the thought of cutting the "Best Newcomer" category as the site is very new and no one really here (or only very few) can be considered a newcomer. Furthermore, I was thinking about adding 1-2 new categories at most as it has always been a tradition to add at least one new category at each awards. Maybe you can help out with thinking of a new one. Also I expect to hear suggestions and opinions on what categories should go, as it is clear that they cannot all remain. I have made my suggestions and I am waiting for yours.

As for adding or modifying the awards, I thought of adding one of these: "Most Mysterious Poster" or "Best Foreign Poster" (anyone outside of the USA) as well as modifying "Best Debator" to "Best Political Debator".

ORGANIZATION:

The voting:

I want to keep the old voting system. That means that there will be 2 voting rounds. In the first voting round (The Nominees Voting) the voters will pick 3 posters they want to be nominated in each category. They send their picks to the two posters who will be counting the votes. Once the votes are counted we'll have the list of nominees. There will be 5 nominees in each category and maybe 3 nominees in a couple of smaller categories (like in the Desert Island Award). Then the second voting round (The Winners Voting) can start. In that one, the voters just have to pick their favorite in each category and send the ballot to the two posters who'll count the votes in that round and determine the winner in each category.
If you have any questions on that, feel free to post them :)

You might also want to get rid of the Most Missed Poster category as well, nobody is missed here. Also, get rid of weirdest poster (we all know Goldie will win that one).

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Some of my comments. I haven't read others so some may have been said before.

Here are the categories that have been used last time: But on BOM with had a different and longer history

Biggest Franchise Fanboy - has there been any franchise talk to have this category. Remember no Lords or Matrix or Harry

Aren't these or some of these 5 saying the same thing. One who writes a "great "post.

Best Writer Of Posts

Best Debator

Best Overall Poster

Most Credible Poster

Smartest Poster

Biggest Comic Book Buff - Is there a section for this?

Most missed Poster - too new a site, not needed

Best Newcomer - too new a site, not needed

Weirdest Poster - as there are no other negative categories, this category should be dropped or you could add more negatives to balance this out.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Here are the categories that have been used last time: But on BOM with had a different and longer history

Biggest Franchise Fanboy - has there been any franchise talk to have this category. Remember no Lords or Matrix or Harry

Aren't these or some of these 5 saying the same thing. One who writes a "great "post.

Best Writer Of Posts

Best Debator

Best Overall Poster

Most Credible Poster

Smartest Poster

Weirdest Poster - as there are no other negative categories, this category should be dropped or you could add more negatives to balance this out.

Yes, I agree with comic book buff, franchise fanboy, missed poster, and newcomer (unless we restrict it to non-BOMers, in which case its okay) and definately out with wierdest. I suggested switching it up for the previously suggested "Most Mysterious," which I think has a much more romanticized element to it.
What do you think?

-Dolce

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:39 am
Forum General

Goldie wrote:

Best Writer Of Posts

Best Debator

Best Overall Poster

Most Credible Poster

Smartest Poster

Yes, I agree with comic book buff, franchise fanboy, missed poster, and newcomer (unless we restrict it to non-BOMers, in which case its okay) and definately out with wierdest. I suggested switching it up for the previously suggested "Most Mysterious," which I think has a much more romanticized element to it.
What do you think?

-Dolce

We should change the name of "best female poster" to "Finest Lady" :wink:

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:40 am
I'm Batman

So umm when does this thing start so I can whoop some ass.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:43 am
Extraordinary

Nah, for the sake of brevity, we should just change the name to "Ripper," break open the champaign, and call it a day. :wink:

-Dolce

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:49 am
Forum General

lovemerox wrote:

Nah, for the sake of brevity, we should just change the name to "Ripper," break open the champaign, and call it a day. :wink:

-Dolce

I dunno, you (and Im not doing this to suck uP) would for sure giver her a run for her $$ :wink:

Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:58 am
You must have big rats

@The person who is not content with vote counters

Will you, nill you, they will count the votes.

At those who are wondering why exactly these people count the votes:

First of all, I have said that I have been planning the awards for a long time. I have talked to quite a couple of posters about it a long time ago and back then I asked them if they want to do it. Some agreed, some said that they can't. I think that it is very fortunate that it is them who are counting the votes. Honestly, I doubt that any of the three will get nominated in any category, so therefore, the results in both rounds won't be spoiled for the winners/nominees. Is that bad? :?

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:09 am
Profile WWW
life begins now

So umm when does this thing start so I can whoop some ass.

November 15th.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:05 am
Profile YIM
Speed Racer

Lecter asked me to confirm that I'll be doing the vote counting, so here I am. :)

I am very much looking forward to awards and even though I know that I won't get nominated for anything, I am still excited to see how the awards will turn out.

My suggestions would be:

Get rid of Biggest Music Buff, Biggest Comic Book Buff, Biggest DVD Buff, Biggest Video Games Buff and Best Newcomer as well as Weirdest Poster (Goldie would win it anyway, since there is no award for the dumbest poster ;) )

Add:

Most Mysterious Poster and split up the Best Debator category in two as suggested by yourself and bABA.

I hope it will all work out. :D

I'm the man.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:59 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next