Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pick the SUPER BOWL WINNER before Saturday's Playoff Game. 

Who is going to win the NFL Super Bowl. Here are the 12 NFL Playoff teams.
Pittsburgh 15 1 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
New England 14 2 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Philadelphia 13 3 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Indianapolis 12 4 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
San Diego 12 4 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Atlanta 11 5 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
NY Jets 10 6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Denver 10 6 or Green Bay 10 6 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Seattle 9 7 or Minnesota 8 8 or St. Louis 8 8 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
SORRY, I DON'T CARE WHO WINS THE SUPER BOWL 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Pick the SUPER BOWL WINNER before Saturday's Playoff Game. 
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post Pick the SUPER BOWL WINNER before Saturday's Playoff Game.
Here are your 12 NFL playoff teams. Lets play some football.

What do you think of these teams!

AFC
New England 14 2
NY Jets 10 6
Pittsburgh 15 1
Indianapolis 12 4
San Diego 12 4
Denver 10 6

NFC
Philadelphia 13 3
Green Bay 10 6
Minnesota 8 8
Atlanta 11 5
Seattle 9 7
St. Louis 8 8

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Last edited by Goldie on Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

New Englad and Philly(all obvious)

Honestly, If the colts can improve on thier defense a little they have a shot.
Perhaps SD, or The jets...

Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:59 pm
Teh Mexican

well what can i say.................. i think Eagles will go to the Superbowl this year FINALY!!....but they wont win it

Steelers, Patriots have a great chance....but dont discart the Chargers, and Colts, especially the Colts!

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:04 am
Superman: The Movie

Patriots vs. Eagles -- The Eagles are almost a sure lock because no one is as good in the NFC as them, and the Patriots are going to be there because they are better than last year's team and they will be healthy. Pittsburgh also has a shot too, but I don't think they're going to get by the Patriots. The Patriots are just a more complete team with more experience. Even if the game is going to be played in Pittsburgh, I still think the Patriots will win.

Indianapolis -- Same story as last year. All offense no defense. The Colts can pound on the weaker teams during the regular season, which leads to their inflated record, but once they face better teams in the playoffs, they will fold. Once they get a defense, they will definetly be a contender, but that won't happen for at least a couple of years.

San Diego -- Good record, but they just aren't there yet. Compared to the Patriots, Steelers and even the Colts, they don't stand a chance.

Jets -- If I heard correctly, Chad Pennington might be gone for the rest of the season? I have been away and I thought I heard that. Can someone confirm this? If this is true, forget about the Jets, they have no prayer.

NFC -- Every team it seems except for the Eagles and Falcons, suck. These two teams will be playing in the championship game, and I wouldn't be all that shocked if they pull an upset in Philly. I wouldn't exactly count on that to happen though.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Last edited by Jmart on Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:06 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Patriots vs. Eagles -- The Eagles are almost a sure lock because no one is as good in the NFC as them, and the Patriots are going to be there because they are better than last year's team and they will be healthy. Pittsburgh also has a shot too, but I don't think they're going to get by the Patriots. The Patriots are just a more complete team with more experience. Even if the game is going to be played in Pittsburgh, I still think the Patriots will win.

if the patriots win again, its going to get pretty boring!!

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:10 am

jmart007 wrote:

Not for me since I am a Patriots fan, but since I am also a Red Sox fan, I know the feeling you are talking about. However, since the Sox are now champions, i'll go back to the way I was originally feeling.

It's not my fault that the Patriots are good. At least they didn't buy the talent. Once other teams can come up with a better defense than they do (I am talking about formations, not stats) then they will be knocked off. However, I don't think that will happen this year. However, Pittsburgh is a team you can't overlook.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
NY Jets Comp Att Yds Pct Y/A Sack YdsL TD Int
C. Pennington 18 24 253 75.0 10.5 0 0 3 0

Looks like he was the only Jets quarterback today so I don't think he is hurt anymore.

And I heard Curtis Martin got his 1500 tying a bunch of records.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

San Diego -- Good record, but they just aren't there yet. Compared to the Patriots, Steelers and even the Colts, they don't stand a chance.

i hate when people say that, you dont know that, they havent played with each other!, we will know that next week when they play VS the Colts! :)

The Charger have a great offense (D. Brees, L.T., Jesse Chatman, Antonio Gates, Eric Paker), and a pretty decent defense (#1 vs the run) the only thing they need to improve is their pass defense!

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:26 am

jmart007 wrote:

i hate when people say that, you dont know that, they havent played with each other!, we will know that next week when they play VS the Colts! :)

The Charger have a great offense (D. Brees, L.T., Jesse Chatman, Antonio Gates, Eric Paker), and a pretty decent defense (#1 vs the run) the only thing they need to improve is their pass defense!

Once they play with each other (Sorry have to laugh :lol:) I guess we will know. However, I just don't think they are as good as the Pats, Steelers and Colts. They haven't played anyone of that quality to make me think otherwise.

As for their pass defense, once they improve on that, we can talk about them. They aren't complete yet like the Pats and Steelers.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:31 am
Profile WWW
Forum General

Jets -- If I heard correctly, Chad Pennington might be gone for the rest of the season? I have been away and I thought I heard that. Can someone confirm this? If this is true, forget about the Jets, they have no prayer.

So If Pennington is unhurt as he seemed to play the whole game today, what do the Jets fit in?

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:36 am
Profile WWW

jmart007 wrote:

So If Pennington is unhurt as he seemed to play the whole game today, what do the Jets fit in?

A team that has the potential to do something in the postseason if they stay healthy. I think it is possible for them to get past Pittsburgh, because the game they played against them was close, but i'm not sure there chances are as good with the Patriots.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

jmart007 wrote:

Yea I can see it getting boring...does anyone remember the 80's-90s ? San Fran, Washington and Dallas every year till the early, mid 90s...it was alaways a lock...different teams winning is always fun..

Anywho, it seems atm, Philly and NE is a lock..

Pitt will make it to the AFC title game but I see NE stepping up..

Indy will make it close but defense will kill em, SD might suprise but who knows..

The only other SB possibility I see...( and I hope will happen) is ..

ATL vs NE :P

Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
life begins now

I hope Pittsburgh can pull through. It'll be tough beating New England again, but if they did it once, they can do it again.

Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:11 pm
Profile YIM
Forum General

I would REALLY like to see vick and the falcons gets it. I would be happy with the Colts getting it as well :D

Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:34 am
Forum General

bump-so how to people feel after todays games

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

you know im so fuckig mad right know becouse of the chargers loss againts the colts, but i think after this game, the chargers have proven that they are a great playoff contenders
Great defense and offense!!

GO CHARGERS! :D

Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:22 pm
Hot Fuss

I hope the colts win it. I like Dungy. and the Eagles suck ass (I hate them, if it wasnt obvious...), and the Patriots win too much. Thats my logic, anyway.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW

jmart007 wrote:

Now I get to backtrack a little, thanks to the impressive, although still a resulting in a loss, performance by the Chargers. I would now place them as good as the Colts, maybe even a little bit higher since the Colts are at a disadvantage since they are a dome team. The Chargers proved today, that they can hang with the upper ranks of the AFC (Thought not quite the best). Who knows, the Chargers might make a splash in the playoffs.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Site Owner

If I had to guess right now I would be calling a Pittsburgh Philly Superbowl.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Post Re: Early talk on NFL Playoffs - Who are the possible SB tea
Goldie wrote:
Early talk on NFL Playoffs - Who are the possible Super Bowl teams?

Not the teams you like - but who do you think will go onto

- win the Super Bowl =

- plus anyother real Super Bowl possible teams =

hate to say it :x but New England to win it................again.

and probably/hopefully Colts or Steelers or Eagles or Packers or Phanters.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:41 pm
Teh Mexican

If I had to guess right now I would be calling a Pittsburgh Philly Superbowl.

Roethlisberger is hurt with a rib injury!!, he will probably not play next week againt buffalo!

*shakes head* last week it was TO, now Ben, who next?!

Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:43 pm
Homo Dperious

I think the Broncos have a good shot, just as in 1997. If we beat Indy and make it into the playoffs then we could go all the way. I don't doubt that the team has the ability to be good enough. We should easily be 12-3 (Losses to SD, Oakland, and Jags were blown games the Broncos should have won). Indy, NE and Pittsburg is a tough road to the Super Bowl, but KC, Pittsburg and GB were equally difficult in 1997.

If we play like we can, it can happen. :)

Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:00 am
Profile ICQ
Forum General

Jets get in even if I don't expect them to go very far.

Pathetic when a quarterback can't throw the ball 20 yards downfield. Think that would be easy for a starting NFL quarterback as there are only 26 in the world.

And Congrats to Curtis Martin on a great season.

Curtis Martin had 153 yards on 28 carries, winning the NFL rushing title with 1,697 yards by 1 yard over Shaun Alexander of the Seahawks while moving into fourth place on the NFL career rushing list

----------

And as the Jets kicker just missed the kick to win the game - More crazyness - Lucky the Bills already lost that lets the Jets back in.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Jets at Chargers

ooh its on!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:44 pm
I'm Batman