Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Early talk, schedule and picks of the NFL Divisional Games. 
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post Early talk, schedule and picks of the NFL Divisional Games.
Divisional Playoffs

• AFC
Jan. 15, 4:30 p.m. ET
N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh

• NFC
Jan. 15, 8 p.m. ET
St. Louis at Atlanta

• NFC
Jan. 16, 1 p.m. ET
Minnesota at Philadelphia

• AFC
Jan. 16, 4:30 p.m. ET
Indianapolis at New England

COVER YOUR EYES
HIDE YOUR WOMEN & CHILDREN
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON
BUT REMEMBER*****GOLDIE*****ALWAYS KNOWS THE RIGHT/BETTER ANSWER
THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY GOLDIE

Last edited by Goldie on Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Location: TOP*SECRET ******************** ******************** ******************** ********************
Post Re: Early talk and schedule of the NFL Divisional Games.
Goldie wrote:
Divisional Playoffs

• AFC
N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh

• NFC
Jan. 15, 8 p.m. ET
St. Louis at Atlanta

• NFC
Jan. 16, 1 p.m. ET

• AFC

Are any of these games going to be close good games, and not BLOW-OUTS, to watch on tv - maybe Ind / NE could be the best game of the above 4.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Teenage Dream

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh:

Probably the only lock of the weekend. The Jets are lucky to be here, and the Steelers defense will shut them down once again. The Steelers offense will make enough plays to open it up. 20-6, Steelers.

St. Louis at Atlanta:

I liked the Falcons shot at a Superbowl run because I thought they'd get the Packers and Brett "I throw four interceptions in every playoff game" Favre in the second round and then get a drained Rams team in the finals. Wrong. Vick will be rusty, and the Rams are scorching hot right now. When these two teams played early in the season, the Falcons won by two scores, but the game was much closer. The Rams had numerous chances to win it. They do this time. 24-16, St. Louis

Minnesota at Philadelphia:

Andy Reid made a huge mistake by resting his starters so much. It killed all of their mo', and the players will be rusty as hell. The explosive Vikings jump out early and the Eagles can't recover. No T.O. means no O. 28-14, Minnesota.

Indianapolis at New England:

Game of the week. It'll be a lot like the opening night game, but this time the "idiot kicker" doesn't miss. 27-24, Indianapolis.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:54 pm
rustiphica

I'm gonna be watching the indy/ne game for sure.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:36 pm
George A. Romero

I'm gonna be watching the indy/ne game for sure.

me too

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:37 pm
Superman: The Movie

• AFC
N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh

Even though the Jets will be flying across the country to take on the Steelers who seem to be at this point, very unstoppable, I think this game will be closer than a lot of people think it will be. The Jets hung around with the Steelers in Week 14 (Lost 17-6), and I think they will do the same, except I think their offense will be more alive this time. Even though I think the Steelers will win this game, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets steal this one as well.

17-14 Steelers

• NFC
Jan. 15, 8 p.m. ET
St. Louis at Atlanta

The only advantage I give the Rams in this game is that it will be played in a dome. However, that is a disadvantage to them as well because it is a lot louder insider of a dome if you are the visiting team. Plus, you have to go up against Mike Vick. The Rams will hang around for a bit, but their defense won't hold up to give them the win.

28-17 Falcons

• NFC
Jan. 16, 1 p.m. ET

This will be my upset pick of the week. If the Vikings can go into Lambeau Field after the week they had with Randy Moss, and absolutely control the game against the Packers, they can go into Philly and beat the Eagles. If the Eagles had T.O. I would give them a munch better chance in the game. If the Vikings can stop Farve, I believe they can stop McNabb. However, the Eagles still have a lot of fire power, but I believe their defense is a little iffy.

24-21 Vikings

• AFC

Last year when the Colts came into New England, they had to go up against below 20 temperatures and a snow storm. According to Weather.com, the forecast in Foxboro is for Partly Cloudy skies, high of 30 degrees, low of 18. You figure a 4:30 p.m. start, the temperatures will be in the mid 20's. That's a lot different from 70 degrees inside of a dome with turf that doesn't give. Even with Ty Law and Tyrone Poole out of the secondary, Bellicheck knows Manning's weaknesses (By the time the game begins he will have had 2 weeks to study it) and he will exploit them. And the guys who have taken over for the both of them aren't exactly pushovers either. They have gone 8-1 since Law has been missing from the lineup. The Patriots also have a much better running game this year with Corey Dillion, which will setup the Play Action pass. However, this game is still going to be close. Patriots win by a touchdown.

27-20 Patriots

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh:

I agree with everything said. With the kind of defense the Steelers have and their running game, they will crush the jets. Pennington will throw a few interception and the Jets running game will stall, so I see a Steelers win with at least 10 points.

St. Louis at Atlanta:

This one could go either way. I think it depends how Vick is doing. He had some terrible games over the regular season. The key to the game will be if St. Louis can control the Falcons running game and especially can control the runs of Vick. If they keep him in the pocket, they'll win, since the Falcons passing game is mediocre at best. Nevertheless when all said and done I see the Falcons run away with a three point victory.

Minnesota at Philadelphia:

This one will be a fun, high scoring game. Terrell Owens may be out, but Brian Westbrook will step up and produce more than 200 yards from scrimmage. I don't see the Minnesota defense playing as good as they did against the Packers, although McNabb will throw them two interceptions. On the other side the Eagles defense is far superior to the Packers, so they'll hunt Daunte down who will throw some picks as well. Eagles by 7

Indianapolis at New England:

Last year Manning collapsed in the playoffs against New England, but he matured and four INTs won't happen again. The key player for the Patriots will be Corey Dillon who has to counter the offensive attack by the Colts. Since I always said Peyton won't reach the Super Bowl and I also said Roethlisberger wouldn't lead his team to Jacksonville, I have to stick with New England by 3 - although my intuition tells me otherwise.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:32 am
Forum General

So far, no one like the Jets but weren't the Jets suppose to lose to the Chargers? And the Jets didn't even play good. What will happen if the Jets are hot, they have to play a good game sometime. And after getting through last week, that might just be this week. And hopefully the Steelers will be alittle off with their week off.

At worst, I want a good game and not a blowout.

Anyway, I know the Steelers probably will win the game but since I used to be a Jet fan, I can always hope.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

So far, no one like the Jets but weren't the Jets suppose to lose to the Chargers? And the Jets didn't even play good. What will happen if the Jets are hot, they have to play a good game sometime. And after getting through last week, that might just be this week. And hopefully the Steelers will be alittle off with their week off.

At worst, I want a good game and not a blowout.

Anyway, I know the Steelers probably will win the game but since I used to be a Jet fan, I can always hope.

I think I am the only one so far who thinks the game is going to be a close one. I just think the Jets, after winning like they did in San Diego, will be rolling into Pittsburgh with momentum on their side. However, Pittsburgh is rested and have been planning (Probably for the Chargers though since they were the better team on paper, but they get another week), so I think they will still win the game. I do think though, that it's possible for the Jets to steal this game.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

Goldie wrote:
Divisional Playoffs

• AFC
N.Y. Jets at Pittsburgh

• NFC
Jan. 15, 8 p.m. ET
St. Louis at Atlanta

• NFC
Jan. 16, 1 p.m. ET

• AFC

UPSET pick #1:
Minnesota to beat Philly \:D/ hehe

UPSET pick #2:
St.Louis to beat Atlanta :razz:

--------------------
in the AFC :D Pats and Steelers will both win their home games.
so no upsets there.

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:13 pm
Indiana Jones IV

I'm really dissapointed how the packers lost because the vikings shouldnt be in the playoffs it should of been the saints but oh well.

Indy versus Patriots. The patriots are slowly becoming the yankees/lakers type where you either love them or hate him. I personally hate them. They beat Indy last year and Indy may come back for revenge and upset them. Best game this week.

Vikings VS Eagles....I really want the eagles to go down but theres a 90% chance that, thats not happening.

St. Louis Vs. ATL....maybe its rams lucky year after a rocky regular season...they beat jets, seahawks and possibly upcoming atl. I think that Vick has a good shot at pulling off another favre. Like said before, VIck has had some putrid games and some great games in the regular season so all we could is watch what is going to happen.,

STeelers VS Jets....After an upset from the win over chargers Jets engine will die out here. If the Bills are better than the jets (which they are...they beat them in regular seaosn) then the Jets should not win because bills couldnt' even break thorugh the 2nd string of the steelers. Expect a blowout.

Liberalism is a Mental Disorder - BUY THE BOOK NOW!!! On New York Times Best Seller List 9 Weeks in a Row

Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

The more hardly anyone is giving the Jets a chance the more I am liking the underdog to at least play a close game.

Hopefully the Steelers are expecting an easy game themselves.

COVER YOUR EYES
HIT THE IGNORE BUTTON

Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:35 am
Profile WWW
Golfaholic

The more hardly anyone is giving the Jets a chance the more I am liking the underdog to at least play a close game.

Hopefully the Steelers are expecting an easy game themselves.

I just wouldn't trust Herm Edwards and Chad Pennington...

Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]